Post Difficult Questions Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, there's no mention on it not working, heck, there's even some math on the US naval version.
Just what Jacob said, that it's a bit iffy on the personal weapon side of things. At the very least, I hadn't seen that mentioned before.

Ah right, now I get it. Yeah, that's a good point actually. You can minimize it by making the acceleration process slow/longer but that cuts down on the usability of the gun itself.

And the rails would have to be light enough to carry, so they'd probably need lots and lots of replacing...
Frankly, I doubt railguns would provide for any reduction in ammo(/consumeable?) weight compared to chemical weapons.

So I've started learning sign language on a whim. I'm having tremendous fun with it even though I don't have any deaf friends.
But someone told me that sign language is not universal and they have completely different versions of it in other countries. Is it true? Will I not be able to converse with hypothetical deaf people all across the world?

Yeah, different countries have different sign languages. I guess you could ask why, but I think many of them developed quite naturally so there's bound to be differences as with any language.

Urgrevling said:
Yeah, different countries have different sign languages. I guess you could ask why, but I think many of them developed quite naturally so there's bound to be differences as with any language.

Well they usually mirror the syntax and word order of the language. But from what I understand, even American and English sign languages are fundamentally different.

That part has always confused me. There is even a Finland-Swedish sign language for Swedish-speaking Finns. But that one seems to have a lot in common with Finnish sign language, maybe even more than Swedish sign language. But then Finnish sign language is descended from Swedish sign language and so is... portuguese sign language?

praise-the-sun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom