Post Difficult Questions Here

Users who are viewing this thread

How do electronics work? Why does putting a bunch of pieces together make a working phone, TV or computer?
Equally, how do scripting languages work? Why does pressing certain buttons in a certain order lead to something logical happening?
And how do phones work? How does a square-shaped object absorb sound and how does it know where to send the sound? How do these waves of sound partially travel through matter?
How does the internet work? How can my computer be connected to yours?

How do we partially control energy?

It's all down to ones and zeroes. It's "to be" and "not to be", which then branches off to more 1-s and 0-s. It's divided so much that it can be turned into "languages", which is consisting of a wall of binary turned into a command, or a "word" of the language. This is the method in the software programming, and is about the same with hardware stuff. Although analogue technology have different working methods in them.
What I don't understand is, how can radio waves travel without the aid of a material carrier (=in outer space).

Untitled. said:
How do electronics work?
The most basic electronic component is the Diode, it has two ends and basically does one thing, lets current pass from the terminal A to the terminal B, but not the other way around. It is made of two pieces of silicon (most of time, there are also Ge and GaAs) together with different "doping" of elements that casues it to create a barrier of electrons. (material type P and type N, one is doped with "extra" electrons, the other with "less electrons). LEDs, for example, are diodes.
With diodes alone you can create logical gates like AND, OR and NOT, and these logical gates can create all of the logical gates like NOR, XOR, NAND, and other gates.
But diodes are not the most popular today for electronic logic, as there are pretty better alternatives like Transistors, which are just LIKE two diodes together. With a transistor you can control a greater current with a little current(a 10nA current thru the base lets pass a 1mA current through the collector, for example).

That is for digital electronics, there are also analog electronics, which are for example radios, audio amplifiler, guitar amps and effects, etc.
Analog electronics basically take a signal and amplify/distort it. They are usualy made by transistors.

Why does putting a lot of molten sand in a fashion makes a phone? I dont know :razz: I think that very complex circuits might be just more simple circuit blocks put together. Integrated circuits are chips of a lot of transistors, diodes and resistors put together in ridiculously little pieces of silicum. every modern electronic device has IC's, they are basically the building blocks for electronics.

Untitled. said:
How do we partially control energy?
Resistors/Cutting flow/Placement of protons, neutrons and electrons.

Untitled. said:
How do electronics work? Why does putting a bunch of pieces together make a working phone, TV or computer?
It's all about letting electricity flow through the device whilst storing said electricity.

In this case, the lithium battery is the supplier and storage (it both holds and gives away some, depleting your battery) and the electricity flows throughout the phone, making it so that every component can be supplied and working. (I could go in with more advanced terms but it is rather difficult unless one haven't researched/studied)

Untitled. said:
Equally, how do scripting languages work? Why does pressing certain buttons in a certain order lead to something logical happening?
Respective circuits, in short.  :razz: (Example = X0 activates Y0, X1 activates Y1 etc.)
Untitled. said:
And how do phones work? How does a square-shaped object absorb sound and how does it know where to send the sound? How do these waves of sound partially travel through matter?
How does the internet work? How can my computer be connected to yours?
You might want to look into the work of Samuel Morse and later Marconi.
It's all about transmission, in any case.

Ninja'd by my better.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom