Post Difficult Questions Here

Users who are viewing this thread

As long as you didn't have a particularly shiny set of recessive ****s in your genome and your second parent was 'normal', I'm guessing pretty not very likely.
Though, if your child-parent doesn't inherit any of those, odds are the second probably doesn't have anything either, no?
Unless I'm missing something.

At least enough of a mutation to no longer broadcast any delta brainwaves which means you can sneak past the Brainspawn unnoticed.

Could have just been a recessive gene that was disadvantaged enough to be nearly flushed out of the general population to the point where only a few folks (his mother) had it. And, by extension and a stroke of 'luck', also inherited by his dad.  :razz:

All this timey-wimey stuff really is a pain in the brain-pan, eh?

TheFlyingFishy said:
Speaking in terms of genetics, what would the likelihood of deformities be as the result of the classic, "I'm my own grandpa" time travel scenario?
Probably no more than any usual pregnancy. If any, it would probably even be less of a chance than direct relative incest. Either way, acute instances of incest don't cause deformities.

Back temporarily to ask a temporary question. My tablet is a nexus 7 and it usually behaves normally (insofar as android can). However whenever i use the keyboard for more than a few minutes, it freezes briefly and the restarts.

The ram doesn't seem to be filling up (deleted a ton of apps; about 3 GB free space out of 12 GB. I can run it fine with less than 500 MB free). Tried swiftkey, got a crash. Tried changing whatever settings might be causing crashes, still got random restarts. Nobody else on the internet got these problems, which is weird because this started about a week ago with no warning. I have a vague assumption that it might be daylight saving, since the battery graph skips an hour or two in the few minutes the system takes to restart. Other than that I'm stumped.

This is messing with my ability to work and is intensely annoying.

Just hypothetically, if I stabbed a person in the eye, with a sharp and pointy stick, angled upwards (as the person is a bit taller than me), would the person die immediately; or would this be incapacitating enough so that I could have enough time to pull out a knife and keep stabbing until I'm finished with him?

Won't die immediately even if you stab hard. For that you'd be better off stabbing their mouth angled a bit upwards.
People live without some frontal lobe mass, though. Specially so if stuff like the motor cortex is preserved. (S)He probably wouldn't be able of doing much defending after getting stabbed in the brain, on the other hand, so I'd say survival chances in this case are pretty much null.

I personally think you'd be better off just plucking their eye out with your bare hand, and then leaving with your Hattori Hanzō samurai sword as they scream in agony and flop around the floor. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom