Post Difficult Questions Here

Users who are viewing this thread

I see my old dog behave violently with, huh, her daughter, but never to the point of actually biting. Is like he only pushes her to the ground and shows his teeth.

Swadius 2.0 said:
Why does my butt hurt when I yawn?

It is envious of your mouth; it only has a very limited role to begin with, and now the mouth shows it up by yawning, as if talking and eating weren't enough. Try expelling a little posterial air when you feel a yawn coming on, this should prevent discomfort. If this practice causes your mouth to start hurting, try doing the both at the same time.

So tomorrow morning I have to make a ~40 minute long presentation, but I tend to get anxiety when having to talk in front of people. Should I put a little alcohol in my system to relax myself a bit (and become more socially adept), or just hope for the best and try and get over my fears without tapping into that sort of assistance?

Nipplemelterina said:
So tomorrow morning I have to make a ~40 minute long presentation, but I tend to get anxiety when having to talk in front of people. Should I put a little alcohol in my system to relax myself a bit (and become more socially adept), or just hope for the best and try and get over my fears without tapping into that sort of assistance?

Put on your war face.

Instructions as follows:

Nipplemelterina said:

The trick is be to become very confident in what you are presenting. Know it so well that when you start to get anxious, your brain can help override that by knowing what you are going to say, how you are going to say it, ect. Speak clearly and with presence, don't say "um" or pause too long. But generally, have what you are going to say memorized.

Well, it went as expected. That is, I ended up not loosening up and although I know what I was presenting like TE back of y hand, inevitably ended up veering off course a bit and going down the path of rambling and poorly explaining things.

Probably should have memorized more to fall back on, but half of it was responding to questions and discussing things slightly outside the immediate topic, and I put more effort into preparing for that because I thought the rest would be a breeze (whoops).

That's why I love PowerPoint - because the 2-3 points I put on each slide force me to stay on topic. I have an awful tendency to ramble on endlessly but checking the slide reminds me to keep it on the track.

Never read word-to-word from paper or presentation as that kills it for the audience. Make eye contact - some people find it easier to give public speeches when they focus on a single audience member and pretend it's just one-to-one instead. Or, if that scares you, fixate on a point between two audience members which gives them the illusion that you're making contact.

Q&A's are a ***** if you're anxious about public speaking because you can't utilize the usual tricks.

An Irish Noob said:
Is it morally acceptable to kill one man (A) in order to save two men if all three men (B + C) were not responsible for the situation which involves them? Man A was created using the genetic and biological material of men B and C and the only way to get B and C back is to separate them from Man A using an advanced medical technique, the success rate of which is unknown but reasoned to be fairly possible. Men B and C are in the prime of their life with every reason to live and Man A is new to life, however is it right to murder him for something he is not guilty of?

(kudos to whoever gets the reference)

Tuvix!

I'll rephrase the question. What is the quickest way to turn $450,000 USD into $1 billion USD which does not involve prison time?

Back
Top Bottom