Random Events

Users who are viewing this thread

SirNight33 said:
While traveling, you stumble upon mountain bandits ravaging a woman.[/b].",  :cool:
      ("choice_00_1",[],"Attack!",
                                HONOR +5
      ("choice_00_2",[],"Watch from afar",
                                HONOR -5
      ("choice_00_3",[],"Ignore them.",
                                  HONOR -5
      ("choice_00_4",[],"Join them.",
                                      MORALE +10

Should have a scene with a peasant woman fighting 3-4 Mountain bandits on the allied side OR possibly a female companion that you rescue :smile:

(**SHOULD BE JEALOUS OF OTHER FEMALE COMPANIONS IF POSSIBLE**)

Would be better that way.

Don Doggy said:
SirNight33 said:
While traveling, you stumble upon mountain bandits ravaging a woman.[/b].",  :cool:
      ("choice_00_1",[],"Attack!",
                                HONOR +5
      ("choice_00_2",[],"Watch from afar",
                                HONOR -5
      ("choice_00_3",[],"Ignore them.",
                                  HONOR -5
      ("choice_00_4",[],"Join them.",
                                      MORALE +10 HONOR -10

Should have a scene with a peasant woman fighting 3-4 Mountain bandits on the allied side OR possibly a female companion that you rescue :smile:

(**SHOULD BE JEALOUS OF OTHER FEMALE COMPANIONS IF POSSIBLE**)

Would be better that way.

And what about this? - more sense and balance...

Spongly said:
I sort of like the idea of the "Black Knight" standing at a bridge saying "none shall pass". It has a bit of a Monty Python feel to it.

Yes and it's also similiar to Arthurian legend "Gawain and the Green Knight".

While you and your party are crossing a river, some of your men noticed some swords in the water.

("choice_00_1",[],"Take and crush them ",
                              morale -3  add 3 iron to your inventory
      ("choice_00_2",[],"look for a good weapon",
                                morale -5, 70% probability to find a rusty sword, 30% a good sword (gaelic or roman)
      ("choice_00_3",[],"take them all! ",
                                -5 morale got 5 rusty swords
      ("choice_00_4",[],"we can waist time!",
                                nothing

other ideas??  :roll: probabliy some like finding a ring or a precious helm...I'm refering to the gaelic custom of throw sword in the water to hide during the roman occupation...

"One of your soldiers suggest that you hold a feast to celebrate your last battle.",
      ("choice_00_1",[],"Set up a camp, light a fire and bring forth the pork and mead.",
                              Wait 3 hours + 20 party morale + 5 renown - 200 solidii
      ("choice_00_2",[],"Tell him that its not the right time but give them permission to take a brake and a cup of mead.",
                                  Party morale +5 - 50 solidii
      ("choice_00_3",[],"Tell him to shut up and fall back in line.",
                                -5 morale. - 5 honor

You come upon a Man preparing to rape (delete this post is people dont like the word) several woman

A. You rescue them and release them
+ honor renown
B. You Rescue them and give them to you men to have their way with them
+renown morale -morale
C. You Ignore them
-honor
D. Why do my men need women? You kill the men then rape the women yourself and keep them in your harem
-honor morale and denari +renown and the possibility for future events relating to the women)

this may be a brutal and dark event but think about it this IS based on the dark ages when raiders did rape and whatnot of constant

Yes, yet Dark Ages may have been not that dark. They were called like this more because of a lack of sources than something else. And that very name is beeing dropped for other names, such as early historic or early medieval.

True, Morcant, but there is a lovely little story about King Arthur (I think it's from a saint's life, but I can't be sure - I'm a storyteller so these things stick in my head) where he, Cei and Bedwyr come across a woman being raped, and Arthur decides to rape her himself, and they have to explain to him that actually, being a heroic king and all, he should probably actually just help her out. He gets all sulky but eventually agrees and they save her from being raped. Pretty similar to that event really.

Also, even as a historian I can't help feeling a little sad - even though "Early Historic" or "Early Medieval" are probably more accurate, they really lack a certain flair which "Dark Ages" has in spades - it sounds cool, mysterious and generally a bit legendary. As a historian I hate it, but as a storyteller I love it.

Back
Top Bottom