Italy at War Equipment and 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

This thread is for the researchers to post pics of equipment, helmets, armors, weapons, shields etc... That shall be made.

The 3D models or textures will be posted here.

A fairly large armor and weapons list that shall be made.
DONE
Gold mace.
image14357031.JPG

NOT DONE
Skullcap with nasal.
image14356625.JPG

NOT DONE
Some sort of short sword.
image14356281.JPG

NOT DONE
Pick axe.
image14356515.JPG

NOT DONE
Engraved Dagger.
image14356406.JPG

DONE
Flanged Mace.
image14356890.jpg

DONE
Facemask Helmet.
image14356609.JPG

NOT DONE
Stilettos. (Not the highest priority.)
stilo.jpg

NOT DONE
Spuntones. (Not the highest priority.)
spuntone.jpg

NOT DONE
Roncone.
roncone.gif

NOT DONE
Halberds.
alabarda3.gif

NOT DONE
Different types of maces. (1and 2 handed.)
mazze%20normanne.JPG

NOT DONE
1-Handed Sword.
SPADE%20storia%20viva%20001.jpg

NOT DONE
Bastard Sword.
SPADE%20storia%20viva%20011.jpg

NOT DONE
Bastard Sword.
SPADE%20storia%20viva%20014.jpg

NOT DONE
Italian Bastard Sword.
SPADE%20storia%20viva%20005.jpg

NOT DONE
German Bastard Sword.
SPADE%20storia%20viva%20015.jpg

NOT DONE
1-Handed Axe.
armi%20scure%20piccola.JPG

NOT DONE
Light Crossbow.
kuse-02.jpg

NOT DONE
Heavy Crossbow with cranks.
kuse-01.jpg

NOT DONE
Kettle Hat.
CERLONGO%20250.jpg

NOT DONE
Kettle Hat.
CERLONGO%20254.jpg

NOT DONE
Archer Sallet.
CERLONGO%20267.jpg

CERLONGO%20268.jpg

NOT DONE
North Italian Norman Helmets.
CERLONGO%20271.jpg

CERLONGO%20273.jpg

CERLONGO%20272.jpg

NOT DONE
Norman Helmet with Nasal.
armature%20nuove%20005.JPG

armature%20nuove%20006.JPG

NOT DONE
Infantry Gambeson.
armature%20nuove%202%20007.JPG

armature%20nuove%202%20008.JPG

gamberson.jpg

gamberson%20storia%20viva.jpg

NOT DONE
Different types of Barbutas.
barbuta.jpg

WE-Barbuta%20Helmet%20AH2192N.jpg

barbaq.jpg

elmo2_by_BigJackJazz.jpg

NOT DONE
Sallet/Celeta.
deep_celata_all%27italiana.jpg

an.jpg

NOT DONE
Kettle Hat.
1.jpg56929074-f9f3-4a27-b290-4ccfe4994dc7Large.jpg

DONE
Kettle Hat.
chapel.jpg

NOT DONE
Archer Bascinets.
bascinet2.jpg

bascinet.jpg

sm_bascinet02.jpg

archsall.gif

dc-559t.jpg

NOT DONE
The helmets on number 2 and 3.
ItalianMedieval13.jpg

NOT DONE
The helmet of the soldier in the middle.
ItalianMedieval12.jpg

DONE
Cerveliere.
cervelliere.jpg

The first helmet for the mod.

The reference pic.
cervelliere.jpg

Dont mind the ****ed up bolts, it because of the angle of the view.  :roll:
Cervelliere.jpg

Just added my own little touch to the helm.

good job with that...i think that even a version without neckguard would be great too... :smile:

here's the images:

BARBUTA:

barbuta.jpg

WE-Barbuta%20Helmet%20AH2192N.jpg

barbaq.jpg

elmo2_by_BigJackJazz.jpg

CELATA:

deep_celata_all%27italiana.jpg

an.jpg

CHAPEL DE FER:

1.jpg56929074-f9f3-4a27-b290-4ccfe4994dc7Large.jpg

chapel.jpg

the archers used primarly open bascinets due to the possibility to aim accurately as the bascinets do not have visors...

the archers bascinet that is in BaW is okay, and if you want some others, here a photo of another one (you have to imagine it with a mail coif that cover the neck)..

bascinet.jpg

bascinet2.jpg

or this one:

sm_bascinet02.jpg

and this:

archsall.gif

this is a bit later than the mod's time period:

dc-386t.jpg

and the last one:

dc-559t.jpg

Rath0s said:
As I have heard, the italians used the crossbow very much, is that true or not, im refering to pavise and genoese crossbowmen.

yes...the crossbow was used from a lot of italian cities during the middle age...a lot of cities (such as firenze, pisa, genova, milano etc) created groups of crossbowmen, equipped by the city itself...

but you have to note one thing: this groups were equipped by the city, and even if they were reknowned, they were a "special force": they were the exception, not the lot...this people were equipped and trained by their states and they were part of the middle class society...so, even if the crossbowmen were rinomated in italy, a lot of people in the armies (i'm referring to the peasants) used even the bow, for it economity and cause it required no training... :smile:

Rath0s said:
As I understood, you say that the crossbows was used by the best and bow by the poor/low tier unit.

Almost. As CinuzIta said, train a crossbowman required more time and money compared to an archer.
But you must consider that many mercenary troops were veteran soldiers, with years of experience and battles in their past, so many of them  have started as archers and then became crossbowmen, because they worth more.

Gaxleep said:
Rath0s said:
As I understood, you say that the crossbows was used by the best and bow by the poor/low tier unit.

Almost. As CinuzIta said, train a crossbowman required more time and money compared to an archer.
But you must consider that many mercenary troops were veteran soldiers, with years of experience and battles in their past, so many of them  have started as archers and then became crossbowmen, because they worth more.
You need a lot more of training to shoot a bow with the same accuracy you can shoot a crossbow. You'd have to start shooting as a kid to be experienced with a longbow by the time you were an adult. Crossbows are special because they require no training at all. It's just "pull the string, lock it, place the bolt and fire"

Ambalon said:
Gaxleep said:
Rath0s said:

You need a lot more of training to shoot a bow with the same accuracy you can shoot a crossbow. You'd have to start shooting as a kid to be experienced with a longbow by the time you were an adult. Crossbows are special because they require no training at all. It's just "pull the string, lock it, place the bolt and fire"

yeah, but you have to consider that the crossbowmen that were trained to cover that role, were trained to use tactics, RELOAD MORE FASTER and they received even a formal melee training, in a few words, they were trained to do things a normal peasant,armed with a bow, couldn't do...a peasant holding a bow was using the weapon he used to protect his sheep, or to hunt...so they actually the peasants WERE skilled enough with the bow, even if they used a normal bow, instead of the welsh longbow...in italy there wasn't an archery tradition as there it was in wales, or england for example

CinuzIta said:
Ambalon said:
Gaxleep said:
Rath0s said:

yeah, but you have to consider that the crossbowmen that were trained to cover that role, were trained to use tactics, RELOAD MORE FASTER and they received even a formal melee training, in a few words, they were trained to do things a normal peasant,armed with a bow, couldn't do...a peasant holding a bow was using the weapon he used to protect his sheep, or to hunt...so they actually the peasants WERE skilled enough with the bow, even if they used a normal bow, instead of the welsh longbow...in italy there wasn't an archery tradition as there it was in wales, or england for example

Bingo.
That's it  :smile:

CinuzIta said:
Ambalon said:
Gaxleep said:
Rath0s said:

Only the best crossbowmen were trained in melee, training the ranged guy to fight as well as a guy who stands in a shield wall is a waste of time. Still, the fastest crossbow shooter wouldn't shoot half the speed of a longbowman (pulled this number out of my arse, though I'm pretty sure it's close to it). Also, you're comparing well trained crossbowman with peasant archers. And yes, the peasants were skilled with bows because they practiced with them from young age.

Last I heard they were all humans, though I may be wrong. :roll:
That aside, a good "longbowman" doesn't depend on nationality. It just happens that england had more of them. A lot more.

Italian cavalry
1. Tuscan militia cavalry
2.Lombard cavalry
3.Northeast Italian cavalry

ItalianMedieval13.jpg

Italian Infantry
1.Siculo-Norman knight
2.Southern Italian Infantryman
3.Siculo-Muslim  infantryman

ItalianMedieval12.jpg

Ambalon said:
That aside, a good "longbowman" doesn't depend on nationality. It just happens that england had more of them. A lot more.

yes, they were all humans, but in italy, as I said before, there wasn't the tradition of the longbow...there weren't quite any longbow in italy...and the crossbowmen i was talkin about actually WERE trained crossbowmen, cause as I said before as well.

in italy there wasn't an archery tradition, so for the italian cities was better to train a crossbowmen militia with few expense, than to train some archers from the childhood..

CinuzIta said:
Ambalon said:

yes, they were all humans, but in italy, as I said before, there wasn't the tradition of the longbow...there weren't quite any longbow in italy...and the crossbowmen i was talkin about actually WERE trained crossbowmen, cause as I said before as well.

in italy there wasn't an archery tradition, so for the italian cities was better to train a crossbowmen militia with few expense, than to train some archers from the childhood..

For ranged troops I will go with something like this.

Peasant ---> Peasant Acher ---> Crossbow Militia ---> Veteran Crossbowman ---> Pavise Crossbowmen/Genoese Crossbowmen.

Back
Top Bottom