SP Modern Apocalypse Modern Zombie Minimod for 1.011! (0.1 ALPHA RELEASED!)(Needs animation maker)

Users who are viewing this thread

I need somebody who can use Blender/3dsMax to make some animations for me to enhance the "feel" of the mod. Send me a PM if interested.
Download

It all started out when I was watching Shaun of the Dead, for, I don't know, about the fourth time. I got an idea. I could make one single indoor scene, and have a bunch of zombies slowly get in from outside, and you can have an old rifle and a hatchet or something to defend yourself with! I started on it, but only managed to integrate the OSP clothing before getting bored. A little while later, I get Call of Duty 5 for the Wii. NO NAZI ZOMBIES??? RAGE. I figure, "I don't need that ****. I can make a zombie game myself" so I pick up my earlier idea and try again. Soon, I get bored and drop the whole thing.

Then, my friend Rowan (Dudro on these forums) comes back from BC, and lends me the book World War Z. I read it, and go, "hey, this gives me an idea..." so I picked the mod up again and formed it loosely around Max Brooks' book, World War Z.

Now, I don't really like some of the "newer" types of zombies. The fast ones, or the ones that get mutated. No, I like the old kind, like the ones in Night of the Living Dead. Slow, weak, but different from humans in ways that scare people into getting themselves killed. Also, the only way to kill them is by destroying the brain. Yeah, headshots only, even in melee combat.

The mod is set in the modern era, with guns and baseball bats etc for weapons. The mod has no overland map (or any means of travel for that matter), all it is is a few different scenarios (so far there are only 3, but we're working on more) that have one (usually large) scene, and an endless number of zombies spread out around it, coming at you forever. No objective, nothing, just running around shouting "BOOM headshot!" Generally, however, if you get a kill count of more than 1000, you are amazing. Also, you need less spare time. :razz:

Features:
Ruthven's Zombie Apocalypse Playeliste is added.
Zombies
Guns
What more could you want?

Team:
Ruthven (Coding)
Dudro (Scene editing)

Credits:
HokieBT for epic code help
300 mod source code for endless spawning
TakiJap and Geroj for some gun models
NaglFaar for his OSP pack, and for just being generally awesome
Jik for some textures
Aero for some models/textures from The Desaster (I was unable to reach him to get permission, sadly)
Flanged for a bunch of Gangs of Glascow models
Miclee for his invisible mesh
Somebody I'm probably forgetting for something I can't remember

Video
And since I'm sure you'd want some, here are screenies:

Left to do:
Backstory stuff, starting stat tweaks, more scene edits, more zombielike walking animation

What I would like to get done eventually:
More clothes for zombies
More scenarios

Ruthven said:
Zombie moans 'n' groans (If somebody can do these for me, I would LOVE it.)
I compiled some zombie/monster/orc sounds for the Native Fantasy mod. You might find something of use:
It's ogg mono - ready to use. And royalty free (from soundsnap.com)
http://www.4shared.com/file/112831973/527dc6ce/Orc-Soundeffects.html
and
http://www.4shared.com/file/112608493/c4842c39/Monster-Soundeffects.html
I just called them orc and monster sounds; they could be any humanoid creature really.

Good luck with this one. looking forward to seeing NaglFaar's work  :smile:

and not least:

"300 mod source code for endless spawning"

:twisted:

Awesome, hope for some cool urban humanoids vs zombie epicness. The scenes have a dark and cool feel to them, looking good. Hope you the best of luck.

Colonel_Ryan said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Haha! I got the alpha!  :razz:
gi..give me that alp....pha, NOW! :twisted:

Don't do it, Tib!

If you want some tips on how best to keep alphas secret, just shoot me a PM. My email is so flooded from people asking me for the 1866 alpha I'm about ready to abandon this email and make a new one.

On topic, those are nice screenshots but I've got to ask. Is the graphical effect in game or just photoshopped? If it's ingame, I hope you can turn it off because it annoys me. It looks like you're wearing heavy prescription glasses when you don't need them.

Back
Top Bottom