Jezze's Interview with Rucchi about Fire Arrow

Users who are viewing this thread

drdoom151

Sergeant at Arms
Here's a exclusive look at the interview between Rucchi and Jezze, enjoy!

Jezze: How did you come up with the idea, to improve most of native's features and to add burning structures to the game?

Rucchi:Motive I made this mod is inconvenience of Native. When I played vanilla of Mount&blade, I was captivated immediately. But I was tired with some quest, for example village elder quest. When I went to village for quest, but he often did not give any quest. And when I took a quest, deliver sack of grain or deliver heads of cattle, I must visit many villages for wheat and cattle. And also when I want to recruit from village, I must visit many villages. It is annoying. I love battle of Mount&blade, but I felt other thing is no good. It was necessary for me to make it more convenient. I don't come up with idea, but I really needed it. To tell the truth regarding fire arrow - burning structures, I wouldn't add this feature  my mod, But in japanese M&B forum, When I shown a screen-cap of my mod, http://bandito.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/MnB/data/mb0104.jpg Some people want me to release it.

Jezze: How did you manage to improve all that code? The features are very advanced and look way harder to code than an average M&B mod.

Rucchi: At first, I didn't understand code at all. When I played a mod - Curtain of Fire, I knew that code can such a thing. And then This is the mod which first interested me in code. But It is too complicated to understand for me. I noticed Native code was very easy to understand. I didn't refer to other's code, because I can't find good textbook for learn code without native code. It is reason that I tired understanding other's code. But It is a cause that exactly makes my mod unique. Many modder uses same code for own mod, for example kingdom management, Spear Bracing, Formation, Shield bash. But I didn't use it for keeping my mod unique. And it is easy to put these code into my mod, I can't understand some code is working somewhere. Because I made everything, I can manage everything. I think that my code is complicated, but It is only a group of small code.

Jezze: When did you start to work on this mod?

Rucchi:It is When Mount&blade's version was 0.960, last spring.

Jezze: The version I have played was really rough. There were some crashes and somehow all the textures disappeared in a siege. I understand that it is an early version of your mod so I do not have to ask if you will remove these bugs but what can you tell us about the upcoming features in this mod and what can we expect from you in the future?

Rucchi: I guess there are many bug that I couldn't find. If you reported some bugs, It is very helpful for me. And then upcoming features is soon. I did not make new mesh but useful new features. for example, [Trade by judgement]. Companions go to the town for trading by their judgment. You can change them to caravan, and they don't attack enemy aggressively.

Jezze: Will there be a possibility to make your own troops?. In the Custom Settlements mod that is possible but then you need to configure it in the troops file and use the troop editor. Do you think that would be possible to integrate like the custom banner maker?

Rucchi: There is possible thing and impossible thing. You can change weapon and armor that troop has in game, But it is impossible to change their gender, troop tree, infantry or archer or cavalry in game. When you made new player, it was decided.

Jezze: Is all the work from this mod your own work or did you use some features from other people?

Rucchi: I already released my source code, You can use it free. but do it yourself. I can't help to make your mod.

Jezze: Do you keep the setting of Calradia for your mod? Or can we expect a new story or continent we can explore?

Rucchi: I will keep the setting of Calradia, but I am imagining outside of Calradia from companion's talk. Old Empire of Calradia, Nordland where Matheld was born, the other side of east mountain Alayen was born. I want to make these place in the future.

Jezze: Do you think in the future that these mods will become more popular? Will the mod makers be prepared to include advanced codes?

Rucchi: I want to make Calradia more attractive, If I could do it, I guess that it become more popular. I don't think mod maker put my code into own mod. Because my code is too complicated. It is cause that name of variable and name of script are not easy to understand. It is important to naming variable and script to the point. But I am not good at english, and I can not make script easy to understand.

Jezze: When can we expect your new version of the Fire Arrow mod? And also maybe from the V1.0?

Rucchi: It will be soon. and It becomes version 0.75

Source: MountFanBlade

DrDoom151

Back
Top Bottom