Jettison your cargo

Users who are viewing this thread

Manu

Sergeant at Arms
Well when hauling supplies and finding myselff with some khergit raiders or black hunters, that's a feature I would have loved to have. The baility to drop something from your inventory in the middle of nowhere (without hope of recovery of course) to save my handfull of lovelingly trained troops at the expense of some more easily replacable cargo.

I didnt even know that carrying stuff slowed you down..heh. Makes sense though. A drop button on the inventory screen probably wouldnt be too hard to implement.

you should be able to keep some peasant women with your group and if you want to back out of a fight, I'm sure they would be a very good barganing tool. :wink:

I've found myself wanting to do this on occassion (no, not the peasant women, you perv. Dropping cargo :smile: ) Sometimes, it can really make a difference between fleeing back to a city to hide out in the inn or getting destroyed on the battlefield. Especially since you lose some of your cargo anyway when you lose a fight.

Oh, I agree heart-feltly. It's annoying having to drop your salt when you were planning a run, but it's better than being massacred by Dark Hunters. However, I disagree with the idea that it would necessarily be impossible to retrieve your stuff. If an enemy passes over it, then sure, they'd steal it. But if it's just left out there, I think you should be able to circle back and pick it up later.

I agree. You can dump prisoners that are slowing you down, and you should be able to "drop" cargo as well; lost pottery is better than a lost head.

Agree. Getting rid of items should be much easier, whether or not they can be retrieved is another story.

I was unaware that be encumbered would affect one's speed on the world map however. I thought encumbrance was a factor in battle if one was on foot.

You can get rid of prisoners, I believe, simply by going to the party screen menu and clicking on the prisoner and then clicking the "disband" or "uncapture" button.

I'm not certain of this however as I'm not in the game right now. I seem to remember doing it at some point though. :smile:

I don't know for the equipment you're wearing - but the stuff in your inventory box definitively slows you down. (example : a game start, with an empty iventory, I had a speed of 9 - with a full load of salt it dropped to 6. Quite a slowdown.)

Having extra horses in it mitigates the effect though.

Assuming you have some additional (pack) horses in your inventory, having a lot of trade goods doesn't slow you down that much. You should carefully review risk vs reward here (speed vs potential profit). So I don't see the value of an option to drop trade goods unless the idea of illegal goods is implemented which was suggested by some other players.

Prisoners/Slaves however make your party move at a snail's pace, so that almost any enemy stack can attack you. It makes sense you can ditch slaves at any occasion through the party menu, to save your own skin.

You can, presently, free prisoners or disband some of your men in order to improve your party's average speed. You can pass items on to the heroes in your party, but I'm not sure if that affects your speed or not, I haven't tried it. It shouldn't, but it's a possibility.

On the actual topic, yeah, it'd be both a logical and an extremely welcome addition to the game. It might make things a bit complicated if the items remained on the world map, but maybe you could have them disappear if someone else finds them or a certain period of time passes.

How about a "Hide Treasure" option while travelling? This is what people have ALWAYS done IRL. It would create a "treasure" object that you could always find, but enemies would have to make a test against your intelligence or some skill.

That would also make for cool "buried treasure" quests.

Back
Top Bottom