Living horses in scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to add horses to scenes, like they are in battle without a rider running around?
...those solid scene prop horses don't seem really vivid.  :wink:

I was planning on doing something like this a while back but I forgot about it. I wanted to add animated cows to village scenes. You can use the following operation to spawn horses without riders:
Code:
(spawn_horse,<item_kind_id>, <item_modifier>),

And they will not eventually start to roam the scene, running people over?
In battles, even horses whose riders unmounted the "traditional" way start to do so sometimes (Might be triggered by nearby fighting and thus be no issue?)...

They will probably eventually start to roam around. That's all they do in battles once they no longer have a rider. Sometimes they move slow, sometimes they run. It always seemed random to me. But you would just have to spawn them inside a fenced area to keep them from running people over. Or put up some AI barriers to limit their travel and keep walkers from wandering into the horse' area.

I think it would be quite hilarious to see an 100-strong herd of angry Warhorses running through the streets of Praven, knocking everyone over as they run.

We can call it, "Running with the Warhorses!"
As opposed to Running of the Bulls practiced in Spain, Mexico, Portugal, etc.

But where would the invisible riders lead their horses?

...when you get of your horse... won't it stay at its place (if you're not dead)?

Yeah, but in village scene, with horses as eyecandy? Some fenced horses standing around moving their heads, I mean, if you shoot them in that village scene, they would of course be allowed to run around in their fenced area. (That's mainly what I want.)

hey,

i did a quick test, how this can be made. this is what i have so far:
horses.jpg

i create a new village_walker, gave him a horse and put an entrypoint between the fences. the ai-limiter looks like that:
horses2.jpg

you have to edit the "init_town_walker_agents" in module_scripts.py to let your new village_walkers only spawn on the entrypoint. As you can see, they try to get to another entrypoint, but you can create another entrypoint and edit the "set_town_walker_destination" in module_scripts, that your new walkers only walk between that entrypoints.

only problem are the villagers on the horses, how can i make them invisible?

eierkopf

I would suggest to give them items without or with a transparent texture.
Once my character had no body, because I did something wrong with creating the model  :grin:

eierkopf said:
hey,

i did a quick test, how this can be made. this is what i have so far:
horses.jpg

i create a new village_walker, gave him a horse and put an entrypoint between the fences. the ai-limiter looks like that:
horses2.jpg

you have to edit the "init_town_walker_agents" in module_scripts.py to let your new village_walkers only spawn on the entrypoint. As you can see, they try to get to another entrypoint, but you can create another entrypoint and edit the "set_town_walker_destination" in module_scripts, that your new walkers only walk between that entrypoints.

only problem are the villagers on the horses, how can i make them invisible?

eierkopf
That looks nice, and is also a pretty good idea.

Just add something like;
Code:
#ghost
 ["ghost_gloves","Leather Gloves", [("ghost",0)], itp_type_hand_armor,0, 130, weight(0.25)|abundance(120)|body_armor(2)|difficulty(0),imodbits_cloth],
 ["ghost_shirt", "Ghost Shirt", [("ghost",0)], itp_type_body_armor|itp_covers_legs|itp_civilian,0, 348 , weight(4)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(14)|leg_armor(10)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],
 ["ghost_helmet", "Winged Great Helmet", [("ghost",0)], itp_type_head_armor|itp_covers_head,0, 1240 , weight(2.75)|abundance(100)|head_armor(55)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(10) ,imodbits_plate ],
 ["ghost_boots",  "Strange Boots", [("ghost",0)], itp_type_foot_armor | itp_attach_armature,0, 465 , weight(1)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(21)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],
#ghost end
to your items.py, equip your new walker with it and give them
Code:
guarantee_boots|guarantee_gloves|guarantee_armor|guarantee_helmet
and you should be all set.

Don't give it yourself or anyone whose inventory you can access, though. And if you'd talk to anyone wearing that ghost helmet their face will appear. :???:

FrisianDude said:
Code:
guarantee_boots|guarantee_gloves|guarantee_armor|guarantee_helmet
and you should be all set.
Just though I should point out, that should look like:
Code:
tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_gloves|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet

Back
Top Bottom