Development Progress Report (WWII: China Battlefield) 21.01.2011 edited

Users who are viewing this thread

Mandy said:
WilliamBerne said:
there are still fewer and fewer players in the server, even after the event, I don't know why, and nobody won't tell me either(cause the ppl who don't want to play it won't come back and let me know it, I guess :razz: )
Hello WilliamBerne,
I am one of those people who played WWIICBF and then left, now I was reading this forum and I can give you my opinion, if it has any importance.
The reason why I left is simply because of the unfriendly players I found on the server: for instance every time I try to do something craetive, like a trap with landmines, and I tell them in chat where I am, they just start ban polls, even if I am not the only one delaying, they are too.
So, I thought that I am not interested in playing a game where I just find people who hate me, that's not why I would play a game.
They just want me to charge and kill or be killed, not to do something intelligent to win.
I never break the rules though.
Today I went back to the server and I had the same experience.
And another obvious reason is that M&B is a game made special by its setting, medieval fights, etc, and by removing that things, you also take away part of what made M&B so attractive, special and unique.
So I would compare this to a mod like Star Wars in M&B: it's fun, it's a good mod, but few people play it, it's inevitable.
To have a lot of people playing it, would be enough to favour the creation of a frieldly community, exactly like Mount&Musket, that is now the second most played MP mod.

Kind regards, and if you don't like my post just delete it.

I agree with you... I thought it will be like this long way back, before MP was released. I'm not fan of this mod's warband MP, but I really liked M&B version for SP. In SP there's no unfriendly player problem. Sure, sure, the idea is nice but as William stated before, M&Musket took all the players... so SP would definitely be better. I hope William will read this and I hope he will continue in his great work...

Just been reading through, Is there going to be a single player(I know its been discussed, just seen no action for a while), I am a great fan of your SP version, MP is good, but, SP for War Band would awesome

angincourt said:
Just been reading through, Is there going to be a single player(I know its been discussed, just seen no action for a while), I am a great fan of your SP version, MP is good, but, SP for War Band would awesome

It was stated many times. William is away and If he will come back, he will tell us about the progress. You can only wait :wink:

This has probably already been said, but just in case I will say it. I played your MB version and loved it. I think it would be great if you were to make this mod single player as well.

I started playing Mount and Blade because of this mod. It brought me into the community and I hate to see people trolling and creating an unfriendly atmosphere. It insults the game, the mod creator and the community.

well idk if this where i post problems im having with the game.... buuut oh welll.... every time i start it up it gets to the loading screen then quits out and says.... CommonRes\costumes_a.brf
plz help me... i would love to play this mod it looks great...

PerrinGoldenEyes said:
well idk if this where i post problems im having with the game.... buuut oh welll.... every time i start it up it gets to the loading screen then quits out and says.... CommonRes\costumes_a.brf

try reinstalling M&B and then get fresh download of this mod. Install mod and if says it again, apply patch which you can find somewhere here on WWII:China Battlefield forum

PerrinGoldenEyes said:

the single player version is for Mount&Blade classic : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157585.0.html
the multiplayer for Warband : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157346.0.html

so you know which mod to run depending on your M&B box version :smile:

WilliamBerne said:
I will surely add some more kingdom managements.
US of UK is not in my consideration, they did little help before 1941. I wonder if any player could play this mod that long, from 1937 to 1941. but to add 2 new western factions you must make some new uniform and weapons ...etc for them, comparing to their influence at that time, this will be only wasting time.
What about USSR?

Duke Daniel Milutin said:
WilliamBerne said:
US of UK is not in my consideration, they did little help before 1941. I wonder if any player could play this mod that long, from 1937 to 1941. but to add 2 new western factions you must make some new uniform and weapons ...etc for them, comparing to their influence at that time, this will be only wasting time.
What about USSR?
Don't bother asking for new factions or items, the mod is dead.

shadowarcher said:
WilliamBerne said:
What about USSR?
Don't bother asking for new factions or items, the mod is dead.

dead so far... we can only hope that it's not dead forever :neutral:

WilliamBerne said:
What about USSR?
The USSR was not at war with Japan until just days before the end of the war. It would be pointless to add them looking at it from a historic point of view.

Back
Top Bottom