Development Progress Report (WWII: China Battlefield) 21.01.2011 edited

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
1st Stage: Add modern weapons and uniforms, do feasibility research.
I was trying to make one kind of mod that based on MnB’s engine no one had really succeed, so I must do the feasibility research. If it went out good, then continue hard working, if not, throw it away as early as possible. The first version of this mod (the demo) was for this purpose. The players’ feedback and my game experience proved its feasibility.
Uniforms 90%
Weapons 80%

2nd Stage: Add new strategic systems.
1) Public order system        70%
2) New buildings system    65%
3) Weaponry system          90%
4) Arming soldier system    95%

3rd Stage: Add new tactics systems
1) Special soldiers system                                          80%
2) Combat tactic chart and formations                        70%
3) Improve all the area damage weapons*                95%
4) Fully automatic fire                                                  90%
5) Artilleries and battle planes reinforcement              50%
6) Ambushing, sneak-attacking, and guerrilla tactics    30%
7) New animations                                                      30%

Porting to Warband
Military Rank System has been finished.

most of the new scene props have been added into warband, but these new scene props are not the most part of what I planed, they are only a small part of it.  :wink:

mb5.jpg

mb4.jpg

now guess what do these timbers and sand bag walls form?
mb3.jpg

mb2.jpg

4th Stage: Replace world map, centers' scenes, adjust strategic systems.
1) replace calradia with china world map, icons            0%
2) replace all centers’ scenes with Chinese buildings    20%
3) modern sieges, and defenses                                  50%
4) all factions marching AI and plans rework                0%

5th Stage: add new missions and stories.

Those are the 5 main stages I planned. I’ll stick at them, no messing up.
It would be better if you take a close look at these stages, before you want to suggest something.

*: The area damage weapons means shotguns(chinese muskets), automatic weapons, grenades and coehorn.
Numbers in green means new progress, new edited.

Mitsubishi G3M "Nell"
2604 triangles
i51we0.jpg

nakajima ki 27 "nate". 1610 tris
2hq86dj.jpg

Nakajima ki34 transporter, 2210 tris
2125rlx.jpg

Mitsubishi A5M "Claude", 2050tris.
qn6ys3.jpg

MG34, about 1300 tris.
316ssh3.jpg

Walther Mod 8, 440 tris
2a9a9sm.jpg

M1911, 470 tris
jk9htf.jpg

Type 96 LMG, 1680 tris.
5ecqqb.jpg

Nagant 1895, 540 tris.
2mczxhi.jpg

British no2 mrak1 pistol, 510 tris.
mhvc4j.jpg

Webley IV(not sure about the model, please correct me) , 570 tris.
a57r02.jpg

type 93 flamethrower, 1550 tris
6eeo3n.jpg

33m9chh.jpg

new animations
vh6zpy.jpg

14t7vbs.jpg

trench.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

bmra.jpg

octagon.jpg

br2.jpg

br4.jpg

br3.jpg

some town buildings
mb8-1.jpg

mb9-1.jpg

the map maker can use all kinds of trench modules to build all kinds of bastions
mb7-1.jpg

caps.jpg

gasmasks.jpg

Dig in so you can survive!
engineer.jpg

Lugou bridge
lugouqiao2.jpg

lugouqiao1.jpg

lugouqiao-1.jpg

hey are you also going to put a kingdom mod in there? i think it would improve the game also because this mod is of a different kind.

I will surely add some more kingdom managements.
US of UK is not in my consideration, they did little help before 1941. I wonder if any player could play this mod that long, from 1937 to 1941. but to add 2 new western factions you must make some new uniform and weapons ...etc for them, comparing to their influence at that time, this will be only wasting time.

good call. if you dont mind me asking, when do you think the next version of this will be released? i'm not asking for an exact date, just like weeks or months?

i'm sorry if this pisses you off. i know no modder likes to be asked this question. sorry

Could you make it so there's a small delay when the radioman calls for artillery strike/strafing run to make it more realistic? Any way to make the AI use squad-based tactics would be great.

I agree with the Kingdom Management a lot. I wanna go pwn the Land with my Blitzkreig of Machineguns.

Also in terms of realism that delay for artillery and airstrikes would be epic. But how would it be calculated? Like where the shells would land etc. Ive not seen Artillery in a Mod. Unless my eyes are going dead.

There was artillery in Age of machinery, but the artillery pieces were straight on the field. Perhaps when you call an Arty strike this screen comes up, where you click on where you want a barrage and it barrages around that area.

that kind of artillery control wouldbe great
would bring a whole new edge to the game

what would be crazier would be if the AI had that kind of precision to use that on your own forces either focusing on the largest concentration of your units or on the area of strongest units

Not really, neither the japanese nor the Chinese used trenches, the japanese did not use them at all. mainly because they were on the offensive. not on the defencive. also I would like to add that you should ( if possible ) make the Japanese AI more agressive.

I would also like to offer my help as a ( not very capable but okay ) 2D artist.

Hey if i may make a suggestion, you know how you said pressing M gets medics to follow you? maybe you should make it the same with all other noncombatants, like radiomen and mechanics. then you could tell them to stay behind the lines. just a thought. probably not the right thread to be making suggestions, my bad

Back
Top Bottom