FAQ of WWII: China Battlefield v3

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
1, Public Order System
How is the public order (PO.) calculated?
At the first beginning of the game, every center get its public order (0~100). In common situation these numbers change everyday, maybe increase a little, or decrease a little. But the total trend is increase.
In the following context the public order will drop: center is infested by bandits, under siege, being raided and looted.
When the center is recovering, imposed curfew or has certain building, its public order will increase. Of course those increasing or decreasing speeds are different.

How does the public order affect the world?
In some circumstances actions will fail, the chance is (100-PO.)%. For example AI centers recruit their garrison and player’s workshop manufacturing.
In other circumstances, the final number will be affected, such as player recruit volunteers in AI’s centers.

2,New Building System
What are the new buildings functions?
School: increases center prosperity by 5, 1 relationship every 10 days, allows center to train craftsmen. Can be built in village and town.
College: increases center prosperity by 10, 2 relationship every 10 days, allows center to train mechanics. Can only be built in town.

Stall: allows center to train normal horses,increases center prosperity by 6. Can be built in castle and village. Town has this naturally.
Stable: allows center to train normal and good horses,increases center prosperity by 10. Can be built in castle and village. Town has this naturally.
Manege: allows town to train normal, good and best horses.,increases center prosperity by 12.  Can only be built town. All horses’ buildings need at least 5 men (any kinds of troops) to be taken care except the ones in towns.

Workshop: allows center to manufacture melee weapons and grenades,increases center prosperity by 3.  Can be built in castle, village and town.
Armory: allows center to manufacture pistols, muskets, ammos and the old weapons. Can be built in castle, village and town.
Arsenal: allows center to manufacture rifles, carbines, submachine guns, radios and the old weapons. Can be built in castle, village and town.
Ordnance factory: allows center to manufacture MGs, coehorns, artilleries, magazines, coehorn shells and the old weapons. Can only be built in town.

Radio post: allows player party’s radioman to contact with this center. A radioman garrison in the center can’t replace radio post’s function. Can be built in all centers.
Prison: except its old function, it can increase 1 public order everyday.

Camp: can only be built in village. Castle and town have this naturally. Camp allows player party to rest in village. More important, without it the commanding officer can’t automatically recruit in the village.
Barrack: improve the soldiers the commanding officer recruited,increases center public order by 1 everyday. Can be built in all kinds of centers.

3, New Weaponry System
What the… I have no question, you just tell me everything!
Before start to introduce weaponry, 2 things must be clear: 1) 1 mechanic’s manpower = 2 craftsmen’s.  2) Every level of weaponries has a standard manpower number. If center’s manpower less than this number, it won’t start to work. If center has bigger manpower, the part that more than this number will be counted as its 2/3.
Workshop needs at least 2 craftsmen (or 1 mechanic).
Armory needs at least 4 craftsmen.
Arsenal needs at least 8 craftsmen.
Ordnance factory needs at least 12 craftsmen.
Simply put the craftsmen and mechanics into center’s garrison, they will work automatically if you have ordered something. If the foreman or village elder don’t have enough item capacity for next day’s new items, manufacturing will stop, until you give order again.
The center’s public order will also affect the manufacturing as mentioned above.
Where can I get craftsman and mechanics?
If you are not belong to any faction or you have your own faction, your pioneers are craftsman and mechanics. They are the civilian factions bonus troops.
If you have joined any faction, you can build schools and colleges, let your officers train some craftsmen and mechanics. The more officers in the center, the more people they can train.
If you don’t even want a school, try your luck in taverns or battlefield.

4, Arming Soldier System
What is the preparing job to arm soldiers?
Give the foreman(or elder) the items you want to arm your soldiers with (target soldiers are in center, center means village, castle or town.) , give the groom the horses(target soldiers are in center and you want horsemen/cavalry), or give your baggage everything (target soldiers are in player party).
If you are planning arm some soldiers in the centers(village, castle or town), there is no need to take anything out from local workshop/armory, you should garrison the soldiers into that center and arm them from the village/town menu.
Can all types of troop be armed so they can turn into other different troops?
No, for this version you can only arm melee footmen and melee horsemen, turn them into your factions troops. Most types of troops from puppet regimes are not melee soldiers, because they had better equipments than NP and CP armies, so you can’t rearm them. Bandits and manhunters can’t be armed, you must reorganize them first; farmers must upgrade to watchman.
What equipments does a troop need to be armed?
(when I say bullets, I mean all kinds of bullet items except magazines)
Melee soldier  -->  Rifleman              : rifles/muskets & bullets
Melee soldier  -->  Machinegunman  :MGs & magazines
Melee soldier  -->  Assault Troop      :SMGs & magazines
Melee soldier  -->  Coehorn Shooter :coehorns & coehorn shells
Melee soldier  -->  Grenadier            : grenades
Melee soldier  -->  Radioman            : radios
Melee soldier  -->  Pioneer                : hammers/shovels/hacks/tools
Melee soldier  -->  Medic                    : first aid kits
Melee soldier  -->  Melee horseman  : horses
Melee horseman --> Ranged cavalry : carbines/muskets & bullets
Melee horseman -->  Mounted AT.    :SMGs & magazines
For commanding officers automatically recruit soldiers, volunteers from your center should also be armed by your local weaponry.
Volunteer  -->  Melee soldier    : any melee weapon/bow/crossbow/pistol (no need for ammo)
Will my soldiers lose their exp after I armed them?
No, they won't. Both melee soldiers and riflemen have 4 tiers, tier 1 is the lowest, tier 4 is the hightest. Machinegun men, melee horsemen, ranged cavalries and grenadiers have 2 tiers. NPCA and NPLA's medics have 2 tiers, the other factions' have only 1 tier. Civilian faction has 2 tiers' pioneer(carftsman and mechanic), other factions have also only 1 tier. All factions' radiomen have only 1 tier.
Tier 1 melee soldier can only be armed to tier 1 rifleman, tier 4 melee infantry can be armed to tier 4 rifleman.
Tier 1 to tier 3 melee soldiers can be armed to the tier 1 machinegun men, melee horsemen, ranged cavalries and grenadiers, only tier 4 melee soldiers can be upgraded to the tier 2 of those above mentioned soldiers.

5, Special Soldiers Ability System
Who are the special soldiers and what can they do?
Medics: in the battlefield, they can heal the teammates. In the world map, they can increase your wound treatment skill. The larger their proportion in your party is, the higher your wound treatment skill will be. The highest skill bonus is 4(if you have more than 1/2 of your party’s medics).
Generals: they can increase your tactics skill. The bonus is also decided by their proportion in the party. The highest bonus is also 4. They can pay visits to villages and towns to increase the relationship between player and the center. Encouraging soldiers of player party and improve the morale is at least they can do.
Officers: if you take them with you, they can train the soldiers of your party every day. If you assign them to garrison in your centers, they can also do many things such as impose curfew, auto recruit and contact with you.
Local guide/hunter: they can raise your path finding, spotting and tracking skills, but only in the region they are familiar with. If you send ayn one away, the same npc will show up someday later in some other random town, that town would be his new hometown.
Radiomen: with them, you are able to contact with your centers which have commanding officer and radio post from any distance. In the future version they can call for artilleries’ bombardment for you. (How can I use radiomen? Talk to them.)
Craftsmen and mechanics: see also 3, New Weaponry System.
Pioneers: for now they can only lay mines. In the future version they can build defense and such.

Questions about other gameplays:
Why can't I join the fascist factions like japanese invaders and the puppet regims they setted up?
Because I haven't designed a proper gameplay way/story for them. The player will be allowed to join them after their story lines have been finished. There MAY be some way that you can join them, like the pretenders. But believe me they were kept there only because I didn't decide how to use them in this and later versions, I haven't edited them. If you join them, you will get bugs which I won't take care of(like recruiting 10 players).

How does officers' automatic recruiting function work?
The officers recruit volunteers every 72 hours. 1 offcier can basiscally get 8 recruits(1 squard) everytime, general can get 16.
The final recruit number will be effected by that center's public order, the melee weapons and pistols storage in that center, and the center's type. If you have built a barrack in that center, it can give the officers 40% more chance to recruit better volunteers.
No matter how many officers/generals are garrisioning in one place, a town allows at most 50 new volunteers at one time, a village allows max. 20.
After the recruitment, that center will get the newbies(only melee soldiers), lost a little prosperity according to the recruit number. The player probably won't recruit any man from that center in the last few days.

These are the things I can remember for now. If you still have question after reading these, ask me in this topic.

You want sholwels ? look at here...

98256252.png

I like most of it, but it's really annoying that if your workshop/armoury gets filled up then you can not produce anything anymore and if you want to do that you need to buy all the stuff at extremely high prices and sell it again to just empty it.

I would like to suggest (1 some way so that the produced items don't cost anything in there or at least very little (2. or making an button to empty the armoury (3 old items produced will be replaced with newer things produced.

Choose youself

I may just need to get more renown, but...
When I talk to a leader of a faction, I don't get the choice to become a vassal, how do you become one? (I have 192 renown)

I got that with the Japanese but could become vassal of the other factions.

Also, I have lots of japanese grenades in my inventory but when I try to upgrade troops it just says I don't have any grenades. Do you need some specific kind of grenade/troop to upgrade them or is it just a bug?

Considering this is in the FAQ topic, you no doubt know you have to put grenades/rifles/ammo in the "camp -> action -> manage baggage" window. Aside from that, make sure you still have some melee troops to upgrade (number in center of upgrade screen), and that you have a fair number of empty slots left in the party window.

UnholyNighmare said:
Also, I have lots of japanese grenades in my inventory but when I try to upgrade troops it just says I don't have any grenades. Do you need some specific kind of grenade/troop to upgrade them or is it just a bug?
all kinds of grenades should be recognized. which faction are you in? do you still have melee soldiers? did any other troop or party related bug happen to you?

I'm in the 8th RA. I have 8 melee soldiers. No other bug seems to have happened. I've got lots of horses, rifles/muskets, ammo and grenades but it doesn't seem to realise that.

the game can't recognize all those things? like this one? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,75004.0.html

ERM problems with workshops and stuffs
ive got like 50 officers in my village and it ahs a work shop and school well it has everything and no craftsmen/mechanics are being pumped out...........
ive read the begining bit but it doesnt seeem to work for me :neutral:

yes it does have an effect, it increases the order of a center(village or town) rather slowly  and lowers the disposition of that center towards you rather quickly.

BTW either I was just lucky or this has something to do with "Order" rating but with 90 Order rating, Reydavin produced a lot of rifles in less than 3 hours after I ordered the said rifles, of course the town did have 10 mechanics working on it.

ummm....hello, I've a question:
When I own My Faction, can I get Lords for my vassals? and how I get them? I really need them because I already have 2 towns and 3 castles and some villages, and it's hard to maintain/defend all of them.....Thanks for reply.....

Back
Top Bottom