Mod Speed&Stability 1.0 for v.1.011
- improve Native game speed and stability.
- fix or reduce number RGL error’s with vertex buffer memory.
- include improved version my “RGL Error – Missiles Fix”.
- if you don’t need speed , you may increase units number.
Mount&Blade used LODs (Level Of Detail) system for improve game performance but unfortunately not all models have LODs .
I make LODs for all other models in game ( more then 300 ) .
Same gamers ( and I too ) have RGL error’s with vertex buffer memory.
Then on screen to many objects with high polygons, video card don’t enough video memory , reduce number polygons fix this problem .
Mod may not really help if you use other mod with many new items and textures.
For sorry most modders not make LODs for his mods .
But mod anyway increase Speed & Stability. New version 1.0.01
Make better compatibility with other mods . Must work now with all mods , but you need first install Speed&Stability and after another mods.
INSTALLATION : run Speed&Stability_1.0.exe and choose <Mount&Blade v1.11> folder.
UNINSTALLATION : run S&S_Uninstall.exe and choose <Mount&Blade v1.11> folder.
LINK : http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1545
About effectiveness my mod :
I use program 3DAnalyze to log parameters in game , so I must say PPS ( polygons per second ) drop in 2-3 time ! I test in open field ( quick battle 4 ) with 400 units ( 240 horseman ) In Native PPS was from 6-10 Mln polygons , after I install S&S PPS drop down to 3-5 Mln polygons OLD POST :
Possible ways for fix RGL Error : Unable to lock vertex buffer
So how you know many peoples have this error then use battlesizer and/or big mods .
Here official description about this problem: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,68486.0.html
Like says in this article : “To resolve this you need to reduce the number of entities spawning.”
Recommendation : Disable corpse and reduce battlefield and also reinstall drivers.
I must say on early versions I play with 600 units and all corpse on and increase battlefield to 150 % , and don’t have any problem . Why now on 1.011 I play with 300 and have this error in battles , specially in sieges ? Even then I disable corpse !?
1. In new vers ( and 1.011) after any man killed he drop weapon , and I must say many models in Native ( and MOST models in mods) don’t have LODs , so all this hi-poly staff just stay on field ! In siege you have min 200-400 units , after kill same number units dropped weapons grown dramatically !
2. I use siege tactics – before melee attack , I give my archers ( half from my man ) shoot all his arrow in enemy . Every arrow/thrown weapon have 100-200 polygons ( without LODs ) So then after fire from 100-arhcers I try to go on wall (go close – disable LODs) game is crash .
Spawning models :
1. Dropped weapons.
3. Missiles ( arrows and thrown weapon) .
Hire ways for solution problem:
1. Disable dropped weapon ! General problem !
I don’t find way for fix it in module . I think its hardcode . But if sameone know way for disable it , give us known I suggest for authors make option in menu for disabled dropped weapon. ( Or just disable this option , anyway its looks weird (non realistic) in game ).
2. Disable corpse ( or make it small number ).
3. Download my fix for missiles ( arrows and thrown weapon).Authors mods also must think about add LODs and lo-poly model for ALL missiles models . RGL Error – Missiles Fix .
In fix I remake and change to lo-poly every missile model in game . I try make lo-poly models looks like hi-poly . I hope you don’t see really big change in game.
All arrows now have about 30 poly , in Native about 100-170 . Thrown weapons 30-70 , in Native 100-220.
After I make this fix RGL-error don’t disappear ( look I write about general problem ) BUT number error’s down in many times ! Now I can self fight on walls (early almost always game crash) Same time I have error AFTER finish siege ( 300-1000 units ) in loot menu. After restart game I may continue ( I use auto save regime ). So this fix really help me , and hope you too find it helpful . http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=10&lid=1436