Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, can anyone tell me if they know how to get a vertex colored mesh imported into openbrf via .ply or any other format?
Im using blender 2.49b with the standard .ply import/export, and it appears that when i import it into openbrf the UV coords are all on the edge of the texture making my mesh black. ive been reading around for a few days now trying to find out how to get it working.

cheers Joss

Josser said:
and it appears that when i import it into openbrf the UV coords are all on the edge of the texture making my mesh black.
Yeah, it's a bug with latest published OpenBrf.
I will upload a fix in the evening, Marco fixed it by my request but not updated the thread

GetAssista said:
Josser said:
and it appears that when i import it into openbrf the UV coords are all on the edge of the texture making my mesh black.
I will upload a fix in the evening, Marco fixed it by my request but not updated the thread
New exe file is here: http://ifolder.ru/22166406. Type 4 digits in a field in lower right part, then use the appearing link
Only exe needs changing, all dlls and stuff from previous version

GetAssista said:
GetAssista said:
Josser said:
New exe file is here: http://ifolder.ru/22166406. Type 4 digits in a field in lower right part, then use the appearing link

Thanks a million GetAssista, seems to work fine now.

Is anyone all of the sudden receiving application errors when trying to start openBRF? Mine's been working forever and all of the sudden with a new windows auto-update it has ceased to run. I get this: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000005). Click OK to close the application. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling. Same problem.

Yep.
Caba`drin said:
I appear to be having significant issues with the program, after it previously working okay. I have a Windows 7 x64 system. OpenBRF began working fine, but it would tend to fault/have an "appcrash" on exit. A few weeks ago, without any changes to my system, OpenBRF ceased displaying .dds textures, but would only display the checkerboard pattern. The "Why checkerboard" option would say that it couldn't understand the .dds formatted document. Now, it refuses to start all together. Instead, it immediately brings up the app crash window with the following text:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	openBrf.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	4cd062cf
  Fault Module Name:	mingwm10.dll
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4773b564
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	00001780
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	4c0d
  Additional Information 2:	4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
  Additional Information 3:	4c0d
  Additional Information 4:	4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
And then indicating it was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

I have deleted all registry references to the .brf format or to OpenBRF, rebooted, etc, to no avail.

It started working again after I had deleted OpenBRF, all references in the registry that dealt with .brfs, and shutdown/restart. Then I installed it to a different drive.

OpenBRF now opens, but I still cannot see textures (always get the blank checkerboard) and it always crashes on quit.

GetAssista said:

How to download this file? Can you upload to mbrepository please..

dunde said:
GetAssista said:

How to download this file? Can you upload to mbrepository please..

You need to click on the sponsors and wait 30 secs. Here you have three comfortable and secure mirrors.
Instructions: Download the latest Official version of OpenBRF and overwrite the main executable with this one. Run the program as normal.

From the Mount&Blade Unofficial Repository [mbrepository.com]    From Gamefront / Filefront [gamefront.com]    From Mediafire [mediafire.com]

[?] It's compressed with 7z, which can be transparently opened with WinRAR, WinZip and others. If you can't, use 7zip, is a free and open source compressor.

Caba`drin said:
Yep.
Caba`drin said:
I appear to be having significant issues with the program, after it previously working okay. I have a Windows 7 x64 system. OpenBRF began working fine, but it would tend to fault/have an "appcrash" on exit. A few weeks ago, without any changes to my system, OpenBRF ceased displaying .dds textures, but would only display the checkerboard pattern. The "Why checkerboard" option would say that it couldn't understand the .dds formatted document. Now, it refuses to start all together. Instead, it immediately brings up the app crash window with the following text:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	openBrf.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	4cd062cf
  Fault Module Name:	mingwm10.dll
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4773b564
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	00001780
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	4c0d
  Additional Information 2:	4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
  Additional Information 3:	4c0d
  Additional Information 4:	4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
And then indicating it was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

I have deleted all registry references to the .brf format or to OpenBRF, rebooted, etc, to no avail.

It started working again after I had deleted OpenBRF, all references in the registry that dealt with .brfs, and shutdown/restart. Then I installed it to a different drive.

OpenBRF now opens, but I still cannot see textures (always get the blank checkerboard) and it always crashes on quit.

How can I locate the registry references that correlate with openBRF?

thick1988 said:
How can I locate the registry references that correlate with openBRF?

Create a new textfile with Notepad named "
Code:
del_openbrf.reg
" and put the following as content:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mtarini\OpenBRF]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mtarini]

Once done save it and double click. Click "Yes". You're done.
Without complexities or possible accidental unwanted deletions. :wink:

Getting pretty bad errors here. First, I exported rigged meshes from open brf which went fine. Then, I edited them in blender and exported to a different folder so that I could get the old non edited back if needed. Well, when trying to import them to open brf, I get a bad error. I also get it when importing the un edited ones. :

Assertion failed!

Program:E:\Open Brf\openbrf.exe
File:ioSMD.cpp
Line:127

Expression: nread==9 || nread == 9+1+nr*2

For information on how your program can cause assertion failure, see visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press retry to debug the application - JIT Must be Enabled)

mr.master said:
Assertion failed!

Program:E:\Open Brf\openbrf.exe
File:ioSMD.cpp
Line:127

Expression: nread==9 || nread == 9+1+nr*2

Bad rigging. Sorry, I couldn't give you a more accurate reply. As you can see it refers the number of bones.
Be sure to use the newer version. It fixes the crash when reaching the rigging limit to 4 bones per vertex the game has.  :idea:

Bolkonsky said:
Has mtarini ever released the source code?

haha... What? http://vcg.isti.cnr.it/~tarini/files/mab/openBrf_source_0.0.49d.zip
Why did you think he called it OpenBRF? For moments like this.  :smile:

The link is in the frontpage, under the binary link. I didn't managed to get it compiling/working on Linux.

Doh!  I'm an idiot. 

I assumed it was OpenBRF because it could open BRF files.  :razz: 

Now this is cool. 

EDIT:  Bah.  C++

Back
Top Bottom