Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

ver 0.0.50, (up to 21 Oct 2010):   
- more robust with older openGL versions (hopefully)
  Just disable shaders by: [Settings] -> [On mesh rendering] -> [Always use default material]
- now autosaves mesh flags compatible with warband if you save in warband format.
- added an option to color a mesh with uniform color (per vertex)
- added German translation [by Vlejundo!]

Lueii, Fafhrd: try with this version. I tried making OpenBRF not use any advanced openGL commands, if
you disable the custom "shaders" which OpenBRF uses to preview stuff (nothing to do with the ones the game uses).

Open this version of OpenBRF, and, before loading your first mesh:
[Settings] -> [On mesh rendering] -> [Always use default material]
(only once is enough, it remembers then).

Second point is from several requests. Before, if you added a new mesh in a warband mod (e.g you import one) you had to manually set the mesh flag to 30000 or 20000 (latter is better), otherwise game crashed.  Now openBRF will do this for you on  saving the brf in warband format.

The option to color a mesh with uniform color (per vertex) should be self explanatory.

Another minor amelioration is in the dialogs that lets you create backdrops for menus (under import): now you can choose how it will be alighted, horizontally of vertically, with the screen.

------------------------

The German translation is by [Vlejundo]! Kudos! That's great!

I've been reading through this thread looking for information on OpenBRF's support, or otherwise, of the .vta vertex animation format and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't supported.

As a user of XSI I don't have access to an MD3 exporter, so I'm unable, with the current capabilities of OpenBRF, to edit vertex animations. Is there a plan to introduce support for .vta files in the future, or am I stuck?

As an aside: OpenBRF is an excellent package, and given BRFEdit's complete failure to run on my system, it's particularly appreciated!

As a backup solution, you can still edit vertex animatins by importing/exporting individual frames.
There are a few caveats about that procedure, see [this] post.
Depending on what kind of vertex animation you want do to, that could be just what you need.

Naturally using a file format for vertex animation would be a lot faster.
I don't know much about .vta file format. I think I might have built an importer for it once in another project, but I'm not sure.
You can try pm-ing me an example of the data you would like to be able to import in openBRF, I'll see.

However, I wonder if it is maybe possible for XSI user to grab some MD3 importer instead.

how do you export as obj? sorry if this has already been asked but theres lots of pages can someone help?

im trying to export a file as obj to make sure that it fits the hannds of the player, but the tutorial i learned in was using a brf that alway crashes for me.like im trying to get the weapon mesh into wings 3d, sort of as if i wanted to edit it.

mtarini said:
As a backup solution, you can still edit vertex animatins by importing/exporting individual frames.
There are a few caveats about that procedure, see [this] post.
Depending on what kind of vertex animation you want do to, that could be just what you need.

Naturally using a file format for vertex animation would be a lot faster.
I don't know much about .vta file format. I think I might have built an importer for it once in another project, but I'm not sure.
You can try pm-ing me an example of the data you would like to be able to import in openBRF, I'll see.

However, I wonder if it is maybe possible for XSI user to grab some MD3 importer instead.

Very useful information, thank you! And it looks like the .obj import will work for my purposes. I'll PM you a .vta file in a little bit, but I think my problem is probably solved, at least as far as my experiments have gone.

Thank you for the speedy reply and for the links and everything!

Edit: there is currently no MD3 importer or exporter for XSI. It seems .vta might be a useful format to support, if it's at all straight-forward  as it's included in the Source Exporter which allows for the export of SMDs. Of course, I don't profess to know anything about this stuff, and I absolutely don't want to sound like I'm demanding anything :mrgreen:

OpenBrf.exe unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

Win7 64b.  .49 worked fine....

EDIT : not sure why but this stopped happening...  no idea why.  Nothing changed.

I just ran into an odd issue here. The exe file simply wont run. Since all required dlls are in the zip file I have no idea what that's about. I'll see if it works on the other computer.

EDIT:

I have exactly the same files on both computers, one runs it the other doesn't (with no error messages whatsoever). Go figure.

EDIT2:

The latest ATI display driver is what's causing the conflict.

update!

from 1st page
first_page said:
ver 0.0.51, (1 Nov 2010):   
- improved "open module BRF" dialog (F7)
  -- now reporting line number of each brf file (inside module.ini)
  -- added "edit module.ini" option
- improved texture "data" box
  -- added "origin" box (i.e. module texture folder, or common texture folder)
  -- added a button to show the DDS file in file explorer
- new skeletal animation command
  -- merge two animations
  -- remove a time interval from an animation
  -- extract an animation from another, given a time interval
- improved stability with opengl/glew
  -- in attempt to solve the reported (rare?) compatibility issues
- bugfixes

Details:

The "open BRF in mod" dialog (which opens on F7 or form the [module] menu) now reports for each BRF at which line that BRF appears in module.ini file. There's also a button to open that file with the defualt application for "ini" files (hint: use something smarter than plain notepad).

In the mid panel, now OpenBRF will tell you whether that texture is to be found in Moudle or Common texture folder (reminder: if you place a texture with the same name of an existing native texture in your mod texture folder, the game, and OpenBRF, will use your texture). There is also a button to open explorer so that you can deal with that file.

The skeletal animation command can be useful to quick edit the animations. OpenBRF cannot be a full fledged animation program, but these can be useful. Note: the timing intervals are the ones that you edit. Use the "shift time interval" or manual edits to set them up. When you merge two animations, timing wont change: if you "merge" an animation with two frames with timing intervals 10 and 20, with one that has timing interval 30 and 40, you get a 4 frames animations with timing intervals: 10, 20, 30, 40.

Robustness: I hope that the new version works on these machines where the old one didn't. I tried to make it as robust as possible but I'm trying to fix that "blindly" (it works here)

I just wanted to ask: can i export a single sword from a .brf file that contains 10 swords, in to a new .brf file whitch conteins only the sword that i want?

GetAssista said:
Sucubus said:
I just wanted to ask: can i export a single sword from a .brf file that contains 10 swords, in to a new .brf file whitch conteins only the sword that i want?
Copy brf file and delete all the other swords in a copy

Thank you very much. Good ideea. But whit your ideea i have another question. How can i add in the copy others items? Or i have to make separates .brf for every single item?

Sorry for my poor englis. I am living in Spain.  Again, thank you for your answer GetAssista.

Sucubus said:
  Thank you very much. Good ideea. But whit your ideea i have another question. How can i add in the copy others items? Or i have to make separates .brf for every single item?

Sorry for my poor englis. I am living in Spain.  Again, thank you for your answer GetAssista.

Exporta los modelos e impórtalos en un BRF nuevo. También puedes hacer Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V para pasar materiales y ref. de texturas de uno a otro.
OpenBRF deja mucha flexibilidad para este tipo de cosas. Y además ahora lo tienes traducido...  :smile:

Export the models and import it again in a new BRF. You can also do Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V to move materials and texture refs. between resource files.
OpenBRF allows/lets us a lot of flexibility for this kind of stuff. And now you have it translated...  :smile:

Thanks, swyter. Let me add, however, that between the "copy" and the "paste", you need to keep the openBRF window open.

I mean, mind step 4:
(1) open brf-file A,
(2) select whatever you want (e.g. a mesh, or even multiple things),
(3) Ctrl+C,
(4) open brf-file B, without closing OpenBRF
(5) Ctrl+V.
...and you moved the stuff from A to B.

Romainoir said:
Hello, I didn't read all the discussion but I wanted to know if you plant o add a normalmap rendering in the next version ?
That's actually tempting. Easy, and useful for previews.

Back
Top Bottom