Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

mtarini said:
In theory that's done both for M&B (ver 1.011 -- last ver)  and fro WarBand, but my copy of warband is a little old
so let me know if it doesn't like it
With warband 1.131, selecting "Refresh" gives:
Error reading file 'C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/<module>/item_kinds1.txt',
at line 1:
expected 'itemsfile version 2',
got 'itemsfile version 3'
I haven't figured out how to change the selected module, to try with Native (did I miss something obvious? I tried starting the game as that module); but the item kinds files are version 3 in warband 1.105 and 1.131.

A small update. From 1st page:

ver 0.0.46 (26 Sept 2010):
- fixed item_kinds1.txt scanning for latest WarBand
- using alpha transparency during mesh rendering (according to used material flags)
-- (this can be disabled in Settings)

I installed last warband version, and saw that OpenBRF scanning of .txt data needed to be updated (I had an older warband version).  So I did.

Edit: also, now OpenBRF looks for flora_kinds.txt and other files also in module "data" folder (if they are present there),
(before it looked for them only in game "data" folder). I just added this, and reuploaded it. Redownload if you need this feature.

-----------------------

Alpha cutouts in mesh rendering

Alpha transparency goes as follow: when a mesh is rendered, now openBrf looks at the Flags of the used Material: if any form of alpha-test is set there, then the object is previewed with alpha test (aka alpha cutouts).

Note: this is just an approximation! It is possible that, for a few objects, the alpha test will be used, or not used, incorrectly. This is because I cannot foresee what the shader will be doing for real (it is not easy for me to make openBrf use shaders mimicking what the game does, as M&B/WB shaders are written in HLSL -- i.e. DirectX stuff, while openBRF is in OpenGL).
For this reason, you can disable this behavior  (to use alpha test according to material flags) under "Settings" -> "Mesh rendering".

Vornne said:
With warband 1.131, selecting "Refresh" gives:

Yes, last version (0.0.46) should fix this.
We posted simultaneously. But thanks for reporting it!

Vornne said:
I haven't figured out how to change the selected module, to try with Native

Yes, I should put an option to select a module. Currently, a module is selected by opening any of its BRF file. So, native cannot be selected.

Vornne said:
but the item kinds files are version 3 in warband 1.105 and 1.131.

Eheh, I had a WB version even older than that! Deleted it when I updated. Cannot say what version it was.
Anyway, fixed now!

Hi there, trying to get into M&B Modding, and having a bit of a problem.

I've created a custom armor, and rigged it according to Yoshi's tutorial. When I get it into openBRF, it throws this error: WARNING: found vertices rigged to 0 bones. In M&B, limit is 4. I find that rather perplexing as I feel certain all verts are rigged (if I move all the bones in 3DS Max, no vertices are left behind). Error or no, however, the mesh seems to behave correctly in openBRF (the animations work).

However, when I run M&B (Warband), the game crashed during the INI step, with the following error: Runtime Error.

mberrors.jpg

I'm using 3DS Max 2010, using wunderboy's SMD plugins.

I've included the max file and the exported smd here: (link removed)

I don't expect anyone to magically "fix it for me", but maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Last edited:
I checked: sorry, that warning is bogus. I will remove it. You can ignore it for now.
And, there seem to be nothing wrong with that rigged mesh.

Maybe the games it crashes for some other reason?

Allright, I'll ignore the error for now. It's of course possible something else is causing the crash, but once I removed the load_module_resource of the .brf containing the rigged armor, the game loads fine. If I re-enable it, it crashed once again. By the way, it's a great tool!

Hum, just a doubt: maybe for some reason that brf file is saved in M&B (not WB) format?
You can "save as..." it to select the format.
(by default, stuff is saved in the same format that they were loaded)

Another thing you can try is to scan module for error, and see if openBRF finds anything...

BTW: what's a "pigsuit"? :wink:

Another of these "I just needed it" small updates:

From first page:
ver 0.0.48 (27 Sept 2010): (micro update)
- added reflections in mesh preview, for certain materials

Specifically, now opeBRF imitates, in previews, the game effect with the popular "iron shader" (the one where texture alpha-channel determines the shininess of each point). This way, you can experiment with the number in the material (e.g. shininess) and see, more or less, how it will look like.

Dons't work yet with the materials where "shininess" is kept in another texture (I'm lazy and I needed only the other one).
In case you don't want the effect, you can always disable the option with "on render mesh"-> "infer settings from material".

mtarini said:
Hum, just a doubt: maybe for some reason that brf file is saved in M&B (not WB) format?
You can "save as..." it to select the format.
(by default, stuff is saved in the same format that they were loaded)

Another thing you can try is to scan module for error, and see if openBRF finds anything...

BTW: what's a "pigsuit"? :wink:

Just checked, but it is indeed saved in Warband format (damn!). I can't figure this out, which is a real pity. I've created a couple of items before this and brought them into the game no problem, though those were helmets so I assumed it was something in the skinning process that went wrong. I'm holding off on making any armors for now, there are still a few static meshes I can do. Hopefully the error (if there is one!) will be found by the time I run out of those :smile:

BTW, a "pigsuit" is a "suit" (of armor) for a "pig" (naturally, eh? Don't let the "pig" part fool you though, it's made for the basic human body), but I'm just testing stuff at this point, as I'd like to know the ins- and outs of M&B modding before starting a complete mod.

Can you add a RMB menu option for meshes, that we can transfer the selected meshes into collision body? Cause it is unnecessary to create & export & import new collision models when the collision body is acturally identical with the original mesh or part of it.

And I have this problem since the first version of openbrf: it happens when I try to import more than 1 mesh, if everyone of them owns more than 1 material, the program will crush. Can you solve this?

Thanks!

Subliminal messaging time:

NormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviewsNormalmappreviewsnormalmappreviews

:wink:

If you need a hand converting any of the Shaders to GLSL then I might be able to lend it, though you seem fairly qualified yourself and wouldn't want you to get off your roll!

Back
Top Bottom