Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

clutches chest.... looks skyward.... "this is the big one, 'Lizbeth!" .... falls back into chair gasping for breath.

okay, i've calmed down, at least enough to say thank you and great work indeed.  i'm eagerly awaiting further progress, as i'm certain everyone else in the community is.  this is desparately needed.

kudos, thanks, and regards,
ta

Fast and useful.
It would be perfect if you can edit the item stats in item_kinds1.txt like the in the item editor.
Everything in one tool...
That would be great, but i think that requires a lot of work.

Freddex said:
Fast and useful.
It would be perfect if you can edit the item stats in item_kinds1.txt like the in the item editor.
Everything in one tool...
That would be great, but i think that requires a lot of work.

Gorram it.. all the stuff we really need and we get requests for something we already have. Arg.

Holy cow! Can I use this program instead of BRFedit? I have a lot of models, so there will be a lot of work importing them.

I'm looking forward to this. Maybe I'll be able to help and write some components after it get more stable. For now it can't load even one of my brfs.

Tul said:
For now it can't load even one of my brfs.

It doesn't? Oops. I expected it to load any BRFs...
What does it say? Does it crash? Or is it a DLL problem maybe?

I've just put online a new version (0.0.7), minutes ago (I'm about to update the page, but the download links are already working).
It understands collision meshes a little better (there were a few cases, before, that made the prev version assert out -- i.e. crash).
If it still doesn't work fro you, I would really like to have a look at a BRF file that it doesn't like. You know, it was reverse eng. and I made it work with all BRF files that I had, but that's no guarantee that there are no valid BRF files out there that it does not understand.

Please let me know, Tul (and thanks for the help offer in any case)

There were two problems, one with collision meshes which is already fixed by the new version and a second which regards to rigging : 'brfmesh.cpp', line 631. I sent you brf with model that causes the crash.

mtarini said:
- Exporting-importing: 
[be able to export stuff, so that they can be modified uunother apps and reimported]
  •     Skeletons: export/import as SMD [done] (new)
                                  also, export as a control mesh [done]. Import: [to do]
  •     Skeletal-Animations : export/import as SMD [done] (new)
Whoa... I mean... WHOA!

Unfortunately, importing even native SMDs caused them to look like this:
openbrf_bugrpt_1.jpg
(SMD was exported from native BRF using BRFedit before importing using openBRF)

Exporting valid SMDs from existing BRF messes up its skeleton in Blender:
openbrf_bugrpt_2.jpg
(SMD exported from BRF using openBRF)

Somehow import/exporting causes the skeletons get messed up.

BUT

If I export using openBRF and then import it back using openBRF it all looks OK. So I assume that when it exports it messes up the skeleton, and reimporting it unmesses the skeleton. I hope that makes sense!

I haven't tested import/exportinging skeletons yet, since I don't know how to make skeletons from scratch to know if anything would go wrong :'P
But I assume it means that if it's working properly I can import new skeletons and make new animations? (just noticed that this question is already listed under open questions)

Thanks amade, testing is just what I needed.

However, results are puzzling. To test that I was exporting/importing correct SMD (to represent skeletons, skel-aniamtions, and rigged meshes) I looked in the web for some tool that would let me load/save SMD and I found
FragMotion (http://www.fragmosoft.com/fragMOTION/).

After a short struggling with euler angles, matrices and quaterions, I managed to make openBrf understand correctly Fragmotion SMD output, and produce SMD that FragMotion understood correctly.

But now you tell me that OpenBrf does not understand SMD from other sources, and produce SMD files that confuse blender.

I need to have a closer look. Can I have a SMD produced by blender and the one by BRFedit you tested?

Thanks!

PM'ed you the files :smile:

edit: Cut/Copy/Paste between BRF files seem to work properly even though import/export between the programs doesn't.

I'm getting max up to date so I can work with some SMD import/export plugins, at the moment. I'll see how max likes the SMD's and then let you know. :smile:

EDIT: Nope. Max doesn't like the SMD skeleton either. I'm getting huge illogically placed bones.

Awesome stuff, mtarini! Your openBRF thingy is, really, the best. The only thing it lacks is the Material and Collision tab like BRFEdit had. If it would have these, I would use this over BRFEdit any day. Currently I use this to deal with mesh & skeleton stuff, and then BRFEdit for the material & collision tab.

cdvader

EDIT.
BUG 1: If I try to Export something as a Rigged Mesh, then a error comes up, saying: "Cannot export animation without a proper skeleton!".
BUG 2: The new version no longer seems to have a 'View Skin'. Nothing at all shows up in 'Reference Data'.
BUG 3: If I set a mesh to Skin Set A and try to view a animation with it, nothing at all shows up.

Highelf said:
I'm getting max up to date so I can work with some SMD import/export plugins, at the moment. I'll see how max likes the SMD's and then let you know. :smile:

EDIT: Nope. Max doesn't like the SMD skeleton either. I'm getting huge illogically placed bones.
My max refuses to import any SMDs exported by this at all "Improper file format" it tells me. We've succesfully got some new animations ingame by using old modified skeleton BRFs though.

cdvader, redownload, that bug has just been fixed.

Back
Top Bottom