Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

Does Anybody know why i can't make it open .brf files when i click it? I do this
File > Properties > Opens with > Open BRF but it doesn't show up. i had it working before but for some reason it stopped...  :???:

I'm not sure if this is related to open BRF but I will give it a go. I am trying to make some arrows be animated. Like when they are shot their number goes down until none remain in the quiver. Well I set up all the needed frames for that and was able to successfully combine them into a frame. But whenever I try to play the animation all the arrows turn into one big blob of a mess!

Please help.

That task is one of the messiest. This is why OpenBRF embeds a mechanism to do exactly that.
It has been a long while since I programmed it in or used it, but this how it works:

Step 1: Activate the mode:
Under settings, select "on assemble vetex ani" => "quiver mode (start with max arrows)"

Step 2: Prepare your meshes: the one with all the arrows, the one with all the arrows but one, etc.
You can import them one by one, or you can do this in OpenBRF itself if you want:
import your most complete quiver, split it in connected subcomponent, then assembles these components back into frames.
It takes a bit of patience.

Step 3: Start with the most complete frame, select next frame (where one arrow is missing), copy it (ctrl+C), "paste frame" (under edit) to the animation. Select next frame (where one more arrow is missing), repeat.

Step 4: Revise your animation: the best way is to select your final animation alone, then do a "split all frames". This will produce one mesh for each frame. Double check them, rearrange them in the right order (which is: "full quiver", "full quiver" again, "empty quiver", "quiver with 1 arrow", "quiver with 2 arrows"... , "quiver with N arrows (full quiver again)") . Then select them all, and"assemble meshes into one vertex animation". Then fix the timings (that's what the game engine uses to determine which quiver will be shown when there are N arrows left).

What is happening in step 3: every time a frame is stacked, the 3D pieces which are present in the frame 0 of the receiving animation, but are absent from the frame being added, are added to that frame but collapsed to a point. This is because the mesh must technically be there, but must be invisible.

PS: I could do a better tool to do that, one which is considerably simpler to use. How much and to how many modders would that be useful?

hey i cant find any brf files.i opened openbrf and click to open a file and go to warband but there is no CommonRes and in the Original i cant find one with a face cause i wanna make a helmet

I'm trying to combine meshes that use seperate textures/materials and when I do combine them, the resultant mesh has a few parts that are completely black. I might be able to guess what the cause of this is (a mesh can only be assigned one texture/material)? but I don't know what the actual solution is to this. Anyone with advice would be appreciated.

Eschaton said:
I'm trying to combine meshes that use seperate textures/materials and when I do combine them, the resultant mesh has a few parts that are completely black. I might be able to guess what the cause of this is (a mesh can only be assigned one texture/material)? but I don't know what the actual solution is to this. Anyone with advice would be appreciated.

Multimesh works because the game thinks of a list of meshes with a .# suffix as a unit.
Don't combine them, as you say every mesh is limited to one material/texture.

Take a look to the original BRFs and see how the native buildings are assembled.

Code:
| hut.1
| hut.6
| hut.12
| hut.5

| sword.1
| sword.2

With the latest version of Warband you can pretty much multi-mesh everything, from items to scene props.

Holy crap Swyter. This information is priceless. The only issue is that the little icons in-game still have a black/blank texture but that's not a huge issue. Thanks so much!

Sorry for double posting. But with the method you (Swyter) suggested, I've created myself a nice rotary sword using the vertex animation function (8 separate 'motion' meshes of a sword blade each at 8 different angles of continuously incremental +30 degrees), and thus I've stumbled into another problem I can't find a workaround for. How do I get the sword to animate in-game?? It animates smoothly in OpenBRF when I press the animate function, but in-game I'm stumped as to how to get it to do the animation.

Eschaton said:
Sorry for double posting. But with the method you (Swyter) suggested, I've created myself a nice rotary sword using the vertex animation function (8 separate 'motion' meshes of a sword blade each at 8 different angles of continuously incremental +30 degrees), and thus I've stumbled into another problem I can't find a workaround for. How do I get the sword to animate in-game?? It animates smoothly in OpenBRF when I press the animate function, but in-game I'm stumped as to how to get it to do the animation.

The animation frames are used mainly for face morphing and map icons.
That is all hardcoded, you can't change it by traditional means.

Try swapping out the sword dynamically every few seconds (that is, have 5 different items and a trigger to swap between them). Should work fine as long as they're not attacking too often, but you can also give it a custom carry flag which has lower priority so that other actions take precedence.

I'm still a coding neanderthal and I can't script a trigger to save my life. The only rough structure I can think of is...begin on a game_start, then tell the game to swap the sword a few times a second? Could you show me an example of what you would write?

please help me, i'm using this open brf to try and adjust the brightness of some items, is that possible? some of my items are a bit too bright and some others even appear complete white. i want to fix this but i have not yet mastered this open brf

Back
Top Bottom