Fatigue and Property

Users who are viewing this thread

Golden Axe

Recruit
The game would be a lot more realistic if you had an idicator which showed how exhausted you were. This was on Daggerfall and Morrowind and you would pretty much pass out if you became totally fatigued. It's not so realistic if you can march your party around day and night and have battle after battle without resting at all. I tend to see the resting at an inn that you can do in the game as a real pain because you miss a lot of action (seeing partys travelling around as you rest) but it would make up for it if your Fatigue was improving as well.

Along the lines of forcing rest, it would be cool if you could then go out and buy some property to keep your spare items in without having to sell everything. It's a bit tricky to think of what your 30 men are going to be doing while you are asleep at home, I guess that they will just camp out outside the city walls or something.

cool idea. you could put small garrisons/forts on the map where your army could rest before a big town invasion or somthing (assuming those are put in). but the idea of fatigue, food, etc, could be part a system of logistics where supplying a huge army would be made difficult.

sure, but back in the days of maintaining a huge army marching over the land, there was a little more to the food than having a commander carrying 50 units of beef.

something could be done like having some units that you don't see and who don't fight like a cook or whatever who takes care of the food (of course, you can hire them, capture the cook from an enemy army etc... the have that type of business in Pirates!)

and if there was some overall fatigue indicator that represents the general state of the whole army (a good commander should know that)
then you can set up camp at night and rest when the group needs to.

of course, you can then attack enemys at night who are resting and have a advantage, and need to worry about sentries and the like)

Golden Axe said:
something could be done like having some units that you don't see and who don't fight like a cook or whatever who takes care of the food (of course, you can hire them, capture the cook from an enemy army etc... the have that type of business in Pirates!)

http://taleworlds.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=537

:mad: Stop stealing my awesome ideas! :mad:

Golden Axe said:
The game would be a lot more realistic if you had an idicator which showed how exhausted you were. This was on Daggerfall and Morrowind and you would pretty much pass out if you became totally fatigued. It's not so realistic if you can march your party around day and night and have battle after battle without resting at all. I tend to see the resting at an inn that you can do in the game as a real pain because you miss a lot of action (seeing partys travelling around as you rest) but it would make up for it if your Fatigue was improving as well.

Along the lines of forcing rest, it would be cool if you could then go out and buy some property to keep your spare items in without having to sell everything. It's a bit tricky to think of what your 30 men are going to be doing while you are asleep at home, I guess that they will just camp out outside the city walls or something.

Although you mention fatigue in regards to traveling the world map (and I think your post a very good one), I was thinking also about on the battlefield itself.

Frequently, I can defeat large numbers of enemies because I never get tired and neither does my horse. So I can ride and shoot and ride and slash and ride and ride. When I'm on an armored charger, I can knock out bandits by hitting them again and again with my horse.

It seems a fun way of combat, yes. I enjoy it. Also, kinda easy.

However, if we were to add some optional fatigue effects to combat then things might get interesting. One wouldn't be so cavalier as to attack when greatly outnumbered thinking that at least your hero would be safe by riding in circles and picking off the enemy one by one.

A heavily-armored warhorse galloping and charging should get winded. An armored knight (despite high Athletics ) should tire after killing one enemy after another: they're fresh troops but he needs to catch his breath sometime.

Anyway, I wouldn't want fatigue to be too drastic but it might make combat more realistic and challenging.

if you're tired, you move slower & swing/shoot/throw your weapon slower. If horse is tired, less charge damage and moves slower, also turns slower.

I greatly suggest health BARS for shields, character, and horse. A fatigue bar could be added as well, if we implement this system. Personaly, the main reason I stopped playing Runescape was fatigue, too small of an inventory (non-stackable goods!) and the dumbass community.

Fatigue is annoying. Runescape fixed their fatigue problem by adding sleeping bags. Of course that's just 1 person accomodation, we need more than that :razz:

There's a simple solution. While holding down ctrl+space, your character travel icon changes into that of a tent. If you mouse over your self, it says "Camping" and your fatigue regenerates. If you're just holding down space, it says "Waiting" and fatigue regenerates slower. Moving does not regenerate fatigue, but lowers it.

This could easily be used as a camping system. Ctrl+space changes character icon on travel screen to a tent and mousing over says "Blahblah's Party /// Camping /// Blah Blah Unit ##/##" etc. etc.

The garrisons would be pretty sweet.

Your castle or city walls could be attacked by a group of dark knights you could have special weapons like pouring hot oil over the walls mounted crossbows. and so forth.

Orion's camping idea's great.

I noticed there're lots of villages, or small towns all over the world. well, when you get a mission, lord always says 'a band of raiders attacked a village near blahblah...' My suggestion is, when you camp, you have a choice to stay in some village house (with pay but faster healing) or simply camp in a field. You can add additional option 'raid the village', of course...

Back
Top Bottom