[Variant] - Sword of Damocles - Companions (Beta)

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch

Master Knight
Any help with testing would be appreciated! Remember to download the Patch!

Ever wanted to charge into the invaders with vonmistont by your side? Well, now you can! Instead of seeing,

Sea Raider killed by Marnid

Borcha knocked unconscious by Sea Raider

You'll see,

Sea Raider killed by Jasonfri13th

Arch knocked unconscious by Sea Raider ( I wouldn't want a screenshot of that though. :wink:)

Download:sad:You only need the text files but if someone wants the full thing...)

Full Download:(The whole mod file, 173.80 MB)
Mbrepository: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1491
Mirrior:N/A

Partial Download:(Only text files, 1.80 MB, Remember to back up your text files!)
Mbrepository:http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1492

Patch:(only for v.05, add custom name, 59.07 KB)
Mbrepository: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1494

Source:(Give all credit where is due. Check the credits for people's works, 647.67 KB)
Mbrepository:http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1493

Remember to back up your troops file before hand. So in assumption, this IS compatible with other variants. Also, all troops(except vonmistont) have the weapons set according to their preferences.

Plans for next update:sad:Beta v.1)
:idea: Bug fixes N/A
:idea: Sparring Matches 0%
:idea: Better custom kingdom name feature100% There is a problem with it at the momment, so I'll work it out later. It DOESN'T work but it's a new preview for the future.
:idea: More dialog 25%

Meh too lazy to make them stronger right now, even if it`s extremely easy. lol!

:idea: Make Companions Stronger (But raise their cost. :twisted:) 0%
:idea: Bandit Parties and Manhunters More Powerful(and larger) 0%
:idea: Bandit Island 0%
:idea: New Bandit Troops 0%
:idea: Shield Bash 0%
:idea: Arena Expansion 0%
:idea: Blackjack Poker 0%
:idea: Completed dialogs 0%

Following are Uncertain:

:idea: Personal Troop
:idea: Custom Commander (probably a must but I need permission first...)
:idea: New Scenes
:idea: New Quick Battles
:idea: Formations

Following have weird bugs:

:idea: Upgrade Kit
:idea: Troop ratio bar

So as I have said before, I owe you one spoiler. :twisted:

Futures:
:!: Having the ability to fight along side von Mistont and others.
:!: New dialogs(not fully done)
:!: Why should your kingdom be named after your first town or castle? Now, your kingdom name, is YOURdecision!(just make sure before you capture something, it's the name you want it to be. Theirs no changing afterwards)
:!: Want to learn some history? Why not ask your Historian?(He can sell you books, but his dialogs aren't finished yet.)
:!: In a seige, having 500 men fight over who goes up a ladder is illogical.There are now two ladders in every castle you seige.(Thanks to the Siege Ladder Project)
:!: Why should you walk around and get recruits for your garasions? Now you can send recruiters to get troops for you!(Thanks to hessuu, you should only attempt to hire them once you have conquered a castle/town)
:!: Thanks to Arch3r for the bridge mod, fighting on a bridge, looks like your fighting on a bridge!
:!: Now, you can ask a lord to duel whenever you want!(Thanks to MartinF)

Known Bugs:

None so far.  :grin:

Credits:
jasonxfri13th For helping me out with all the questions I had.
NaglFaar For helping me out with questions too.
MorrisB For giving me suggestions.

Special Thanks to:

Arch3r For the Bridge Mod
hessuu For Recruiters
MartinF For Duel Kit
NICK.ALTMAN and team for Siege Ladder Project.

If you want to ask me something, please send a pm.

Yaaay  :mrgreen:

I didn't really expect you'd take me in this version, but anyway, thanks :smile: I like the idea behind the mod (forum members as companions, kewl !), but I'll probably wait for a more complete version before downloading, with bugfixes, modified conversations and the other promised features :wink:

Nevertheless, promising so far.

Thanks! I have access to the internet at night, but I probably won't be able to do the dialogues yet. Though I love the positive response I got from them. I'll get to them as soon as I can though.

Saint of Blood said:
This is really cool.
Neat Idea, I mean.
Is there any way for me to get in there? =P

Probably not I'm afraid. Maybe in the feature I'll have more spots open for help? Right now there isn't really a need for a team, hence not many people,(except the ones in the credits), can get in by helping. But, since I'm new to the whole mod thing, I'll probably have spots open later.  :wink:

No "extra", but rather, "replacing" companions. Arch's mod replaces the original companions (like Rolf, Lezalit, etc.) with figures named after forum members who participate in the brainstorming/development of "Sword of Damocles" mod one way or another. Those who are "invited" into Arch's mod are allowed to set up their own skills, starting equipment and background story.

Currently, Arch is away on a vacation to my knowledge and he can access internet only during the night, so he won't be too active until he comes back home...

MorrisB said:
No "extra", but rather, "replacing" companions. Arch's mod replaces the original companions (like Rolf, Lezalit, etc.) with figures named after forum members who participate in the brainstorming/development of "Sword of Damocles" mod one way or another. Those who are "invited" into Arch's mod are allowed to set up their own skills, starting equipment and background story.

Currently, Arch is away on a vacation to my knowledge and he can access internet only during the night, so he won't be too active until he comes back home...

Lol thanks for that MorrisB! I usually only get to go around at 7 but am on earlier,( if my cousin is done hogging it  :mad: ), sometimes.

Anyways, This IS just a alpha mind everyone. I probably will give more spots to people who have helped with brainstorming through-out the mod's progression. Anyways, as MorrisB said, I'm on vacation right now, so probably nothing will get done or added or anything! So please be pacient.(or how ever you spell it.  :roll:)

Anyways, if you would like to ask me something, please send it in a pm.

I finally figured out how to work everything in python! lol! So I should be able to have new features implemented soon. Then I'll work on dialog, raising costs, etc.

I should have been done a long time ago. I'm just too lazy to put in all the dialogs.  :wink: I'll try to work something out for a download though. It'll only not have dialogs. The rest is done.

Hi guys , calll me dumb , but how i read there is the custom kingdom name option , but cannot find it anywhere in the game , can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom