SP Native Men of Steel - Beta RELEASED!

Users who are viewing this thread

MISHO

Banned
News:

RELEASED BETA!About 5 features missing, i think one glitch (that i found) and no items added yet. (and no awesome naval battles yet...) just a stupid type with huge ships :grin: next release will have the ships i've been making (the real surprise)

ADDED SCREENS!

POLL RESULT! RELEASE OF BOTH (everyone is happy)

NEW FEATURE! ADDED BRIDGE BATTLES!

NEW FEATURES ADDED! AND WORKING GREAT! ADDED RANKS (thanks to foxyman :grin:) AND FINISHED NAVAL BATTLES.

Men of Steel

Features:
This mod adds lots of realism to the game and makes it very hard to actually finish it. (makes it realistic because its hard to actually survive about 300 battles in real life :grin:)

-Larger armies.
-Bigger renown prize when you beat the arena.
-Horses have a much bigger charge bonus, halved health, faster and more expensive. (you cant stay on a horse if your the only cavalry man because you will probably get cut down :grin:)
-Perma Death, no matter if you get unconscious or killed you cant use your character any more.
-All soldiers have less health (except for you and kings)
-Weapons deal more damage
-Armor soak reduction, and armor is weaker now (the weakest to piercing damage) and strongest against blunt hits.
-All missile weapons (including thrown) deal a lot of damage and bodkin arrows and steel bolts have a bonus against shields.
-Missile speed affect the missile damage much more
-Couched lance damage is now 3 times the normal damage (since a charge with a lance in the face kills everyone :grin: unless you hold a shield, in that case say goodbye to your shield :grin:)
-Kingdom managment
-All villages now give a monthly bonus, and within 5 months your villages prosperity is doubled than 5 months before. (you get 20% prosperity a month) this still has to be checked does it work...
-Now when you conquer a castle for a king and you don't get it... he gives you 20k gold (since castles don't cost 900 gold :grin:) so its still a win when going for a castle.
-Money is needed much more than before since there are bigass armies and weapons and horses cost more...
-Harder gameplay (no more charging bravely with 10 knights and kill about 60 soldiers... you think more strategically like this :grin:)
-You gain much more exp after a battle than before... same as enemies...
-Once you catch a lord he has a 65% chance to escape from the army and a 1% chance to get out of a prison... (more realistic)
-I added a garrison tweak by magelord but still didn't see what it does...
-Companions cost more now since they are captains too :grin: not only companions...
-Mounted units cost much more than before

For now these are all the modifications i made...

To make this mod even better i suggest you use these things..
-Battle Sizer  (if the game lags on about 400 put it on 200 and lower the graphics for best result)
-Put everything on normal (not easiest)
-And remove arrows that point in which direction you are hitting (adds to the realism)

Final notes:
Give credit to TheMageLord for his little tweaks (which i tweaked a bit more :grin:)
And highlander for the kingdom managment
And usually two hits with a sword or axe is deadly.. maces are the cheapest weapons and the weakest (except for the winged one which has a design that can pierce the body when it hits, more damage)
Credit for Bridge battles go to Arch3r and credit for the first ship model goes to james...
and foxymans ranks

SCREENSHOTS

mb1copy.jpg

mb10copy-1.jpg

mb11copy.jpg

mb12copy.jpg

mb13copy-1.jpg

mb14copy-1.jpg

mb15copy-1.jpg

mb2copy.jpg

mb9copy.jpg

mb3copy.jpg

mb4copy.jpg

mb5copy.jpg

mb6copy.jpg

mb7copy.jpg

mb8copy.jpg

Known Glitches:
-Pirates will spawn on land too (with ship map icons) but don't move.. when you fight them you have a land battle...
-For now from 8 ranks you can't use the first one for some reason.

DOWNLOAD:
http://uploading.com/files/X0TQYICT/Men of Steel.rar.html

Cheers,
MISHO

Sorry :grin: i know i will add a few awesome cool screens... and the release should be the latest in about wednesday (but i think it should be done tomorrow...)
And if you have any other cool realistic idea feel free to post it and we will discuss...

So if i understood right, when i get knocked down on the battlefield, I can forget my Char? (thats somehow stupid, then I maybe have got lvl 40 with some luck and then i get hitted by a lance from behind.. )

MISHO said:
Sorry :grin: i know i will add a few awesome cool screens... and the release should be the latest in about wednesday (but i think it should be done tomorrow...)
And if you have any other cool realistic idea feel free to post it and we will discuss...
You have to change your avatar :mrgreen:

How did you manage to get it so big?!

Can you turn perma death off?

Because when you get ambushed in some town at night, and you spawn stuck inside a corner with 10 guys pointing bows at you, and you realise you've forgotten to swap from your latest siege back to melee weapons (and a damn shield), it will SUCK perma dying.

ESPECIALLY considering if there were ANY realism in the game, you'd be walking with bodyguards and lightly clad brigands wouldn't try to attack you in the first place :razz:

Lol, there will be two releases... one with perma death (for people like me :grin:) and one without it...
but still i wont remove the option of much less health (it was stupid having like a huscarl hit me with an axe in the head and i still have half health! that's stupid...
so you still will have to be cautious... (beginning is the hardest part of the game :grin:)

Why don't you do that Kings has a spiecal wepon and armor(that you can't buy it and no one else has it) and you need to kill him or make him uncontiuse to get the wepon or armor

so can you add that you have 2 options if you beat him(the king) you can kill him or make him live and he will join your cause

edit:so lets add this option to lords and so if you kill king you still get his spiecal armor and Wepon

like this:

1.I will let you live if you will join mine cause
2.I will give you no mercy (and then he dies)

his options

1.i will join you.
2.i will never join you!

so not to deside every time option 1 and he will join
you need to have HIGH friendshep with him(about 70-90)
you need to have 10 at persuishen

and if you aks him to join you and he doesn't he leaves(escape) and is still alive
so maybe add this option if its not that hard?

and if he joins you he is like a party member with his armor and wepon on him and helmet and what ever he has
and also add the options when you talk with your soldiers or companions that they can make thier own party likes

1.I want you to make your own party

Dark-Soldier said:
If you have a high frienship why would you fight him

Miclee said:
No, it's unrealistic that the kings can join you.

oh ok

and you kill the king so lets add that option that i made to Lords

well if i have high relistionship and then betray him

its your choice,once in a game i deafeted and king so much times and let him be free i got up to 100 realitionship

edit:you just don't understand :???:  :neutral:
if you start at 0 realationship with him and start war on him and deafet him alot of times you get 10+ realationship when ever you let him go

Dark-Soldier said:
Miclee said:
No, it's unrealistic that the kings can join you.

oh ok

and you kill the king so lets add that option that i made to Lords

well if i have high relistionship and then betray him

its your choice,once in a game i deafeted and king so much times and let him be free i got up to 100 realitionship
Sure you did. Since attacking them makes their relationship less than 0.

Tintin said:
Dark-Soldier said:
If you have a high frienship why would you fight him

Lol what Tintin said :grin:
i will give them all different cool stuff (stronger weapons and armors)
And BTW that feature was already implemented in my old mod (nord invasion) (and yes i will add a feature that you CAn kill lords and kings.. (just they are sort of the heroes of the battle, much stronger than the rest... so they are most likely to die by your hand only...)

And please post more ideas :grin:
i want to make it as realistic as it can get...

Edit:
I just laughed when i saw your post :grin:

Back
Top Bottom