Wat's the difference between Stonghold 2 and Stronghold 2 Deluxe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,
My Stronghold 2 disc was too scratched up to use anymore. (:cry:) So I'm going to buy it again because I loved that game so much. When I was browsing the internetz looking for a good deal I noticed that there was Stronghold 2 Deluxe. I looked at the game features and I didn't really see much of a difference. Which is better to buy? I can get either one for a good price, the thing I really need to know is which is better. People who have played either please post and tell me your opinion.

Regards,
Folthie

I don't think there's an expansion for Stronghold 2. Maybe I'm wrong though. According to Wikipedia, deluxe is just Stronghold 2 completely patched, and with some new content. What that new content is, I don't know, probably new maps and stuff.

I think the only reason you'd get deluxe is if you had a slow internet connection and wanted the patches and bonus material. I remember trying to patch my game on a slow connection, took all day.

I have the case, it says:

NEW IN THE DELUXE EDITION:

More maps, opponents, and historical castles to battle!
Crusade across Europe in a new game mode!

I think it's a fun game. I destroy the enemies with my legions of archers and swordsman!

Well.. no reason for opening a new thread (this one is not so old).

Here goes my question: is this game any better than SH 1? This title has received so many mixed reviews, and I really want to buy it. From what I hear the Deluxe version has all the updates.

It should be marked down more than enough by now to make it worth the price, it's fun, but doesn't have the same feel as 1. If you love the stronghold games though, get it (but only Stronghold, Stronghold: Crusader and Stronghold 2 are worth it).

Archonsod said:
In some ways it's better than SH1, in others it's slightly worse.
It's good that the management aspect has a bigger influence - taking the whole thing closer to a city building game rather than to a classic RTS grinder. Maybe this is the main complain from veteran players.
Sir Prince said:
If you love the stronghold games though, get it (but only Stronghold, Stronghold: Crusader and Stronghold 2 are worth it).
Stronghold Kingdoms (MMO) is coming next year, returning to the old 2d engine (which I don't mind). The features are pretty good.
http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/

Back
Top Bottom