suggestion and plans for the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey rucchi, hey Anthropoid,

What i meant was, I think the "leadership new" skill is kinda bugged for enemy NPC lords and NPC lords under player command. Enemies can field two-three times bigger armies than your own lords. After recruiting former enemy lords from prisoners, they seem kinda capped down (army size before recruitment 200, after 75).

The size of armies enemies field also seems to explode the further you are in the game.
For example: Garrison of Dhirim around day 100: 300, garrison around day 350: 600(!) (without resting lords counted in). The armies of enemy lords also seems to increase a lot (Ragnar luggs around a 400 men). Seems to me the armies exploded after rebeling against my former king and building my own empire, but that might just be me. All in all it becomes nigh impossible to field something to match without being a vassal, so the game will be pretty much broken by day 500 if you run your own kingdom.

The "resupply yourself" command is already in the current version? Or will it be in the upcoming version?

Cheers,
Head

also there is a small bug, if you recruit lords, you can give them like 1000 of man (with cheat mode i tested) while their max is like 65  :???:

Really like the mod, thumbs up rucchi :wink:

A thing I'd like to see, if possible, is more inteligent map travel for perties. When my castles get sieged I can usually get inside if I'm faster than enemy parties by luring them away and circleing around them and into the castle, but my companions never manage to do that. Also when they get chased by stronger enemy party while following me they tend to run in a straight line from the enemy (and often far away from me) even when only a small defelection in path would be enough to avoid combat and still follow fairly close to me.

Some new music (could ask Saxondragon for free music sites that fit with the atmosphere) and perhaps menu backround screens (a burning castle or village sprayed with fire arrows) would be nice.

Once again thanks for releasing this mod.
I just love to set walls and houses on fire  :twisted:

Hi,
i like the subtle changes you have done so far. Sadly i like your feature of fire arrows the last enjoyable despise i think that you put the most time of work in it. As i read through various threads there are also a lot of people like me who feel that the improvements you made outshine the fire arrow thing, i especially like your cattle and grain on the world map, it adds a lot of atmosphere to the game. Is there a chance of changing your mods name or will you keep it just as it is now? Nice work, keep it up!

like you need to hear this again, but GREAT mod, seriously it's one of the best out there, it would be better though if:

-enemy auto-retreats when the ladder burns to the ground

-new structures added to villages and towns that can be destructible in raids\conquers and that affect the prosperity and relation of the village, with AI having same requirements as player (this includes the grain field and the cattle field)

-grain fields and cattle can be destructible on their own (this will decrease relation with both nation and village) and affect the food storage of the associated castle\town after a while

-auto-recruit to garrison, (dont you hate it that when you conquer a town/castle that all the prisoners that you cant add to your party are lost?, and that you have to give half of your army to the damn garrison, when the enemy loses no soldiers and still adds 20 soldiers to their garrison?)

-remove enemy party location off the map

-more political game play, add spies (gives you detailed reports on enemies' lords' army sizes and location both in towns/castles or on the map), saboteurs (destroy structures and food supply in villages castles and towns), revolution of villagers against their lord (you included) if the village is in too miserable a shape (this requires a "battle" with the villagers to subdue the revolt or you could bribe them (AI has same requirements please!))

-caravans cost money to send each time and can only trade with friendly nations' towns (both for you and the AI) and they also influence food supply of towns

-assassination of lords (this will not kill the lords, just will reduce their health to zero for a week. and disband their whole army) of course this will have major concequences

wow that's a lot of suggestions lol, and yes some of them are inspired by other mods, but they are not a copy paste, just similar ideas.

Hey Sunk,
Good to hear that you enjoy the mod to its fullest.
Some very interesting and good suggestions there, I'm sure rucchi will take a serious look at them.
Please try to make your post a bit more organized the next time so it's more interesting and easier to read, make's life easier for us :wink:

Cheers
DrDoom151

This is an incredible mod, I love it because unlike most other mods which just expand content this is actually new gameplay which reminds me of another favourite mod of mine Bandit King.

I would love to see some of the awesome features Bandit King had and its a shame Bandit King has no more active developers on it but it had great features which would be really cool in this mod.

Suggestions (which are features in Bandit King)
  • Attack anyone as a neutral
  • Join any battle on either side when neutral (can help the bandits fight those pesky lords!)
  • automatic taxation and report
  • can ask favors of leaders (costs faction)
  • privateering as neutral considered 'criminal'
  • criminal acts which cause faction loss with everyone and costs honor
  • reputation affected by witnessing e.g. you fight bandits nearby a swadian village and then your reputation increases with swadia and the village, can work other way round as well
  • Much improved mercenary system, the mod actually implemented a mercenary system before it was in Native and was much better then the system in native now, you get payment on how much combat you do with the enemy instead of just how big your army size is

nox and ashes (the mia developers of Bandit King) put the source code publicly available as well
http://banditking.googlecode.com/svn/

Bandit King has a lot of great ideas, and very interesting features on the TODO lists which never got finished :sad:

hi, nice mod btw but i have a sugesstion. How about the arrows burn longer and more wild, i mean it just was a fire for about 10 seconds and did minimal damage to the enemy so my sugesstion are: make the fires more wild and been longer :mrgreen:

burn em up :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks your suggestions.
Arn193 said:
hi, nice mod btw but i have a sugesstion. How about the arrows burn longer and more wild, i mean it just was a fire for about 10 seconds and did minimal damage to the enemy so my sugesstion are: make the fires more wild and been longer :mrgreen:

burn em up :twisted: :twisted:
How long it burn, it is depended on whether being wooden or not.
For example, because Maras castle is made of woods, it burns longer.
With regard to its damage and area, Because I consider that siege defenders should not be disadvantageous, I thought that it is better I leave it as it is.

ok :sad: but what i ment what that it atleast give the enemies more damage, i created an army of just archers and attacked maras castel and maby 10 of 215 enemies died by the fire rest of them i found with an arrow in their body

I think a feature should be implemented that your soldiers continue the battle even if you have fallen. It is kind of annoying with leader characters to lose the battle just because some lucky marksman headshotted you.

Hello rucchi. I agree with many others that you have made an excellent mod, so thank you.

As for my suggestion, I have read the thread but do not recall this being mentioned. If it has been, or has already been implemented, my apologies. What I would like to see is the ability to "change commander" for a battle and fight with the player controlling a companion and the AI controlling the player-character. This enables you to continue fighting a large battle if your health drops too low, and assists in leveling the companions. I know that a number of other mods have this feature, but at the moment I can only recall using it in Star Wars: Conquest.

Regardless, I love the mod. Keep up the great work!

As for my suggestion, I have read the thread not cpmplete  :oops:

So here my suggestions:

-Fire Weapons
-higher bets in tournaments, maybe 250 max., or 500, not more.
-higher food morale (maybe 10, 15, not 5, 7 )
-more food (like 250 fish,not 50.) maybe the same feature like Hegemony, Food tent with 500
-More munition (bolts) for bows and crossbows (and fire weapons, too  :mrgreen: )

At first i´m a great fan of the mod
but i think more polearms are needed!
polearms with your banner would be great.

Real joustingtournaments would be great

I was wondering would it be possible to add a feature that would allow you to convert a large number of different troop types of same level to a standard player troop tree type. This would allow me to recruit nearly any type of troop with plans of converting them to my kingdoms troop type. This would allow me to keep from reaching the troop type limits build into the game. Training grounds seem to be the perfect method of do this. Bring a large number of troops to the trainers.. Drops them off with some gold and food/gear to be used during there retraining time.. come back a few game days later and pickup your newly standardized army troops.

Have been playing the mod non stop  :smile: It's awesome just a couple of tweaks I'd like to see in the future:

-My party members keep escaping with average or above average moral - VERY ANNOYING :sad:

-Moral during the Battles with troops deserting ( I think Rus XIII does that)

-Either faster upgrades within the troop tree or maybe tweaking the lords AI so they don't all travel in bunch. (but that's doable on personal bases I can do this tweak myself just a suggestion for futer releases)

-A weaponsmith who repairs and/or upgrades weapons would be great.

-Your farm- grain system is fantastic but they seem to get famine all the time?

And PLEASE no fire arms. keep it clean, keep it medieval :smile:

In general way to go, man! just a couple of thought I hope you don't mind.

P.S.
*cu@all* said:
-higher bets in tournaments, maybe 250 max., or 500, not more.

You know you can do that yourself just go to this forum:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom