suggestion and plans for the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seal_1 said:
One more thing that I forgot to say is that I think it would be cool if you could actually see the improvements that you make to a village or town.
(mill appears if you build a mill, etc.)
I see :grin:

Some suggestions (some already mentioned here):

- Diplomacy. Bribe factions into war or peace, bribe armies to disband or follow...
- Patrols. Every faction has its own patrols on its borders normally consiting of parties around 50 men.
- Scening of battlefields. Insert wheat fields, houses, ruins etc. There is life in the wilds.
- Hunting. Would really appreciate this!
- Town/village morale: Pay attention to your people or they might rebel.
- Culture: Choose your culture on building your empire (i.e. Nord, Kerghit and so on)
- Fire actually hurting people. Asbestos was rare in the medieval times :wink:
- Food supply of castles/towns: Castles actually supply on their own by getting food from the nearby villages. Can be sabotaged by raiding the villages or attacking the suppliers.
- Heraldry: I want a wolf texture (see the red/blue banner in native for example)! And do a cross (+) like background as well (yes, it isn't there).
- More khergit armor!!!
- Autoloot: Makes life easier
- Add more village improvements (like barracks, which will provide high tier troops) and give the option to have it completed faster by spending more money for it (but completion should still last 7 days minimum).

SUGGESTION 1

I strongly suggest to implement a "GO FOR YOUR OWN" order to the LORD/companion orders (only if you have your own kingdom)

the Lords should go for their way, roaming through the fiefs to recruit soliders, manage their fieft, kill enemy party etc for theyr own.

Then would be very usefull another order to call them all back for starting a new campaign (like in Sword of Damocles invasion).

SUGGESTION 2

Improve some "secondary" aspects of the game, like the tournaments rewards (or also the appearence like in Lords and Realms, they are very immersive) or companions (making some of them more expensive to hire) or adding more.

Adding some equipments and weapons, and balancing them properly (like in Prophecy of Pendor, look for example at the bows types, they are more realistic than in vanilla)

Anyway... this is the BEST MOD SO FAR, SO IMPROVE IT !!!!

Just DLed the mod and had a peek at the features using the CHEAT function. Now I will actually binge . . . erm, I mean "play" a game for a few hours today  :grin:.

Having not played it yet, this is just my first reaction. It looks like a FANTASTIC MOD! Finally! you can interact meaningfully with NPCs and the environment!! YAAHH!!

My suggestion/hope/dream: Integrate the game-engine features in this mod into mods that use historical maps, characters, storylines, etc. (e.g., Hundred Years War or 1200 Europe).

Second, and this one is a bit more tenuous speculative: I DLed a played just a bit of Sword of Damocles, which is referred to as having a focus on Kingdom Development (health, pop levels, additional Kingdom NPCs like Marshall, Chancellor, Treasurer). It might be awesome to integrate the best features from SoD into this mod.

Put that all together, Fire-Arrow, best of SoD, historical setting . . . would equal the most amazing M&B mod EVER!

Great job and congratulations on an excellent mod!

ADDIT: Played a few hours today, and I LOVE THIS MOD! Superb additions to game-play! Finally, M&B feels like it is fulfilling its complete game-play potential with this mod.

First of all, your compliments are greatly appreciated and I'm glad you like the mod.

Anthropoid said:
Put that all together, Fire-Arrow, best of SoD, historical setting . . . would equal the most amazing M&B mod EVER!

Well, that's your opinion. What you're suggesting is also a call of taste, other people might hate to see a historical setting or any SoD stuff. What is important for the Fire Arrow mod, is that it's unique (every mod is in its own way) and not a mod adding awesome features and a bit of Southern Realms and a bit of SoD, we're trying to keep it as original as possible.
But I'm sure rucchi will think of this deeply and decide whether or not to put some of the stated above in.

drdoom151 said:
First of all, your compliments are greatly appreciated and I'm glad you like the mod.

Anthropoid said:

Well, that's your opinion. What you're suggesting is also a call of taste, other people might hate to see a historical setting or any SoD stuff. What is important for the Fire Arrow mod, is that it's unique (every mod is in its own way) and not a mod adding awesome features and a bit of Southern Realms and a bit of SoD, we're trying to keep it as original as possible.
But I'm sure rucchi will think of this deeply and decide whether or not to put some of the stated above in.

You are absolutely correct; definitely a matter of taste. Just a humble suggestion :smile:

In my own work as a scientist I tend to integrate heavily from the work of others. Not to say I copy them; I learn from what they did, and incorporate the developments and achievements of others into my own vision. While some might call that unoriginal, I tend to think that orginality is in the form of the final product, not strictly in the components that go into a given set. Even using 99% the same components as a previous worker, and combining them into a different permutation can be a huge contribution in any given endeavour.

In any event, you guys are to be applauded heartily for having created a wonderful mod!

Here we go again  :roll:
ALSO TO THE PEOPLE WHO PM ME 10 TIMES A DAY TO THANK ME FOR MODDING THE FIRE ARROW MOD, I DID NOT MOD IT I'm just the forum janitor helping rucchi, all credit is to be given to rucchi for modding it.
Sorry for that, I just think it's unfair for rucchi.

Anyways, I get what you're saying mate, and I believe my message came over wrong. I was trying to say that we try to include as few as possible of other mods.

Lovin' this mod way too much . . .

No idea where they came from originally, but in 1200 Europe, also I think in Hundred Years War, there are bigger arenas and tournament grounds. Much improves the feel and realism of these encounters. As it is the dinky size of some of these arenas in Calradia just feels comical.

That is right. I think Calradia is too small for me. But I love calradia. It is interesting for me to image out side of Calradia.

rucchi said:
That is right. I think Calradia is too small for me. But I love calradia. It is interesting for me to image out side of Calradia.

I did not like Calradia before playing your mod. Your mod makes Calradia fun!

Just to clarify my suggestion: what I am suggesting is that the arenas (not the entire kingdom map) would be good if bigger. There are some larger versions of arenas in some other mods.

Headhunter said:
Some suggestions (some already mentioned here):

- Diplomacy. Bribe factions into war or peace, bribe armies to disband or follow...
- Patrols. Every faction has its own patrols on its borders normally consiting of parties around 50 men.
- Scening of battlefields. Insert wheat fields, houses, ruins etc. There is life in the wilds.
- Hunting. Would really appreciate this!
- Town/village morale: Pay attention to your people or they might rebel.
- Culture: Choose your culture on building your empire (i.e. Nord, Kerghit and so on)
- Fire actually hurting people. Asbestos was rare in the medieval times :wink:
- Food supply of castles/towns: Castles actually supply on their own by getting food from the nearby villages. Can be sabotaged by raiding the villages or attacking the suppliers.
- Heraldry: I want a wolf texture (see the red/blue banner in native for example)! And do a cross (+) like background as well (yes, it isn't there).
- More khergit armor!!!
- Autoloot: Makes life easier
- Add more village improvements (like barracks, which will provide high tier troops) and give the option to have it completed faster by spending more money for it (but completion should still last 7 days minimum).

+1

Danwood said:
SUGGESTION 1

I strongly suggest to implement a "GO FOR YOUR OWN" order to the LORD/companion orders (only if you have your own kingdom)

the Lords should go for their way, roaming through the fiefs to recruit soliders, manage their fieft, kill enemy party etc for theyr own.

Then would be very usefull another order to call them all back for starting a new campaign (like in Sword of Damocles invasion).

SUGGESTION 2

Improve some "secondary" aspects of the game, like the tournaments rewards (or also the appearence like in Lords and Realms, they are very immersive) or companions (making some of them more expensive to hire) or adding more.

Adding some equipments and weapons, and balancing them properly (like in Prophecy of Pendor, look for example at the bows types, they are more realistic than in vanilla)

+1

Hmm?

Would it be ok to borrow the idea for custom troops from band of warriors?

Maybe make it so villages let you recruit farmers and villagers which upgrade to your custom troops?

> continued to foot and horse troops
villager lvl1 > custom recruit lvl4 > custom militia lvl10 >
                                                                                > continued to ranged troops

Edit: Do you already have towns and castles giving taxes of all fiefs? Its rather silly to have be a lord and having to leave your guards behind to go to each little village of yours.

i may had some ideas for this,
try to fix that error u get some times when playing, my game crashed whitout save  :cry:

and, try to give the castles and lords and companions etc some more features, and the cheat sys is too big  :roll:

it iz naise, but i get errors mutch too some times, like when i go to i think it was the faction screen...

laser50 said:
i may had some ideas for this,
try to fix that error u get some times when playing, my game crashed whitout save  :cry:

and, try to give the castles and lords and companions etc some more features, and the cheat sys is too big  :roll:

it iz naise, but i get errors mutch too some times, like when i go to i think it was the faction screen...

Thanks for reporting and welcome on the forums.
First of all please try to describe the error/bug as much in detail as you can, like what you did and which menu you went to, and use correct grammar so we don't have to puzzle around.

One thing to tweak in future versions is the size of companion/own kingdom lord parties. It might be fun watching your lords getting trashed by a 200 men party while only fielding a mere 70 men, but not for me. It puzzles me why lords who  were fielding 150 men before field only half as soon as I adopt them. Might be more chalanging but... Balance it out please.

One further nice thing would be an "Auto-Pilot" for companion and lord parties. And a "resupply yourself" command. Would make life that much easier.

Some additional features that I'd really like to see in this mod (but that's of course only my opinion):

• Checkmatys' More Metal Sounds Mod
  • the option to continue the battle after the player has been knocked unconscious (aka death cam)
  • stronger enemies (both lords and units) in order to make the battles more challenging but also to gain more experience

And thank you for this mod and it's new features. I especially like the option to recruit lords, as I like upgrading and managing my companions.

Headhunter said:
One thing to tweak in future versions is the size of companion/own kingdom lord parties. It might be fun watching your lords getting trashed by a 200 men party while only fielding a mere 70 men, but not for me. It puzzles me why lords who  were fielding 150 men before field only half as soon as I adopt them. Might be more chalanging but... Balance it out please.

One further nice thing would be an "Auto-Pilot" for companion and lord parties. And a "resupply yourself" command. Would make life that much easier.

Agree on that on.

Headhunter said:
Im sorry but do you want to me about party size is limited? Which dis you say your companion or enemy lord?

"resupply yourself" command was completed.

Not knowing the code, maybe I'm wrong, but my sense is that NPC Lords in the game can have unrealistically large parties. I think what Headhunter was suggesting was that, the NPC Lords tend to have really bit parties until they become your ally or under your control, at which time they seem to have a different max size applied?

rucchi said:
Headhunter said:
Im sorry but do you want to me about party size is limited? Which dis you say your companion or enemy lord?

"resupply yourself" command was completed.

Anthropoid said:
Not knowing the code, maybe I'm wrong, but my sense is that NPC Lords in the game can have unrealistically large parties. I think what Headhunter was suggesting was that, the NPC Lords tend to have really bit parties until they become your ally or under your control, at which time they seem to have a different max size applied?
I guess enemy lords have 10 leadership skill. But it was due to bug. When I release next version, Its bug will be fixed. But You will have to start new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom