suggestion and plans for the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon13 said:
*Thinks*

Well, due to the fact that the player just has to block and press the mouse button, he doesn't have to do very much, thus taking the skill factor out of Mount&Blade.

Skill...LOL...well you can die from stupid arrow and no skill will help you with that...if something is effective we spam it...same thing is doing AI...nothing wrong with that...

The most annoying thing is the stun effect of shield bash. And it's pretty much unblockable. Once stunned you're pretty much mincemeat. Would not be so annoying if it was damage only.

Well, back on topic: What about managing your own tournaments of your own cities? People bet on the contenders and you manage the bets (and get to keep a hold on the share). Would be a nice addition to the regular income. To balance things out, the tournaments cost you a nice sum of cash to hold. On top, you can invite friendly lords. Could be a tool to increase your honour and reputation with lords as well. What do you think?

Hey I like that idea!
How about if you host a tournament, 90% of the pot (all the bets given) goes to the winners and the other 10% to you (player)

drdoom151 said:
Hey I like that idea!
How about if you host a tournament, 90% of the pot (all the bets given) goes to the winners and the other 10% to you (player)

Yeah, I had something like that on my mind.

And what really pisses me off in arena-fights is that bowmen have no melee weapon. Come on, a simple knife would do! Reminded me of the black knight scene in monty python and the holy grail:

King Arthur: What are you gonna do, bleed on me?
Black Knight: I'm invincible!
King Arthur: ...You're a loony.

:mrgreen:

Suggestion...any one played Myth 2? fire arrows there could ignite a little part of land i think it was 3m x 3m for 10 sec so when infrantary passed it it took some damage not much maybe 10-20%...

Could this thing be done in Fire Arrow?

gregor_y said:
Suggestion...any one played Myth 2? fire arrows there could ignite a little part of land i think it was 3m x 3m for 10 sec so when infrantary passed it it took some damage not much maybe 10-20%...

Could this thing be done in Fire Arrow?
Why people get burned by fire arrows, at first structures ignite by large number of fire arrows, then its flame burn people, I think.
So that if fire arrows hit on ground or soldiers himself, because of no flammable object, I guess no one takes extra damege. Of course, it is different with if there were dried haystack under soldiers.

rucchi said:
Why people get burned by fire arrows, at first structures ignite by large number of fire arrows, then its flame burn people, I think.
So that if fire arrows hit on ground or soldiers himself, because of no flammable object, I guess no one takes extra damege. Of course, it is different with if there were dried haystack under soldiers.

Well here you right...you can even see it in movies that people dont go inferno when hitted by fire arrow...but buildings and sometimes dry grass yes...

Im not saying that arrow hits ground and all hell breaks lose...just special terrian(sometimes when you fight in villages are haystacks...) and like i said low damage to troops 10-20% in small radius 3m x 3m...

I have been looking for the perfect mod to base my own mod on, and I think the Fire Arrow mod is the best one for this purpose.

My requests:

- Option to increase the size and experience of faction parties and bandit parties.

- More heraldric armors.

- More of other kinds of equipment (helmets, gloves, boots).

- Armors & helmets with heraldric flags, similar to the banner item.

- Heraldric horse textures. Not sure if this is possible or not.

- Increase the maximum inventory size, for loot and castle chests.

- Shield Bashing. (from Yggdrasil mod)

- Tell companions how to change their equipment automatically. (from Pendor mod)

- Random objects on field battle scenes, such as huts, farms, ruins, etc. Not sure how difficult this is.

- Multiple siege devices - towers, ladders, catapults, trebuchets, ballistas.
-- Catapults, trebuchets & ballistas may trigger a script to cause a pre-set part of the scene to change into a "broken" wall section and damage all troops nearby. I do not know how the battle scripts work, so I am not sure how difficult this may be.

- Invasion that can be easily changed through source (set the invasion day, set the first troop of the invader troop tree, etc.)

I agree with soms of the plans but I dont like a invasion that much cause if I like to take them down i must wait  until that day
And if they are a stubborn army then I hate the day they will arrive

Hi, ssfsx17. Thank you for your suggestions.
- Option to increase the size and experience of faction parties and bandit parties.
At native, Bandits increase party size infinitely as increase player level. When You let companion unt trade with towns, if there are large bandit parties all over the place, because of companion unit must have more troops, therefore You can not make a profits.  Because of I have such a reason, Bandits were limited their size.
But I understand your suggestions. I guess You feel that something is missing as your level up. I planed to add events about little invasions.
- More heraldric armors.
- More of other kinds of equipment (helmets, gloves, boots).
I will so do it in future.
- Heraldric horse textures. Not sure if this is possible or not.
I am sorry but it is impossible to change horse textures same as other heraldic armor. at present technically impossible.  I can only to make some variation for house textures. Because If it was different from cavalry's heraldic and horse heraldic, It is strange.

- Increase the maximum inventory size, for loot and castle chests.
Number of slots of castle chests is already maximum. If you need, give your companions your items.
Inventory size for loot is, It is problem for your manage inventory skill.

Shield Bashing
I'm sorry but I don't like it.

- Tell companions how to change their equipment automatically. (from Pendor mod)
Auto loot script is very nice. I will be planning to revamp it.

- Random objects on field battle scenes, such as huts, farms, ruins, etc. Not sure how difficult this is.
If there are collision objects on battle scene, it becomes a little fps killer. But your idea is good.

- Multiple siege devices - towers, ladders, catapults, trebuchets, ballistas.
-- Catapults, trebuchets & ballistas may trigger a script to cause a pre-set part of the scene to change into a "broken" wall section and damage all troops nearby. I do not know how the battle scripts work, so I am not sure how difficult this may be.
I planed to add multiple siege devices.

maybe u could add a feature to increase companions/lords party morale
like give em money or sumthing
with the lords i have right now i can't keep thier morale high
the only way i know to increase it is fighting
if i would do that i would take over the world in 10 days

terrorib said:
maybe u could add a feature to increase companions/lords party morale
like give em money or sumthing
with the lords i have right now i can't keep thier morale high
the only way i know to increase it is fighting
if i would do that i would take over the world in 10 days
Companion units can have many soldiers over their limt. In return for it, It is difficult to keep their morale. For keep their morale, Leader must have high leadership skill and high charisma, and keep foods rich in variety, don't have soldiers over his limit.
But You may need some other ways for keep morale. for example you can recover their morale in town, etc...

wow
so my lord get faster when i give em horses in thier invetory
never knew that
and yea my lord are kinda slow
but most of my lord only have 60 - 80 men

yea i know about tactics
is always make that high
and lawl king harlaus doesn't scare me
hes under my controll now
he is my puppet  :twisted:

hmm stationed garrisons consume food..yes its more realistic but I'm already spending alot of time feeding my Lords already...and I have only three.  I dont think that would be..well...good.  Unless you changed the triggers for how many hours between they eat...and how many troops to a unit of food. Right now I think you have it set at 6 hours. Native was 14 I think... It wouldn't be bad but you would have to adjust the consumption rate or it would just be a game of feeding your troops.

Achilles_ said:
It wouldn't be bad but you would have to adjust the consumption rate or it would just be a game of feeding your troops.
I'm with ya on this one mate. I mean marching should be way more tiring than being on watch in a garrison.

I think you should get rid of the heraldic mail and replace it with the normal mail armor(purple or red mail doesn't look good) and add more types of armor.

I personally like the white and black armor here:          http://www.mercwars.com/variousgallery.shtml    I think it's the 8th picture in the first kingmaker's tourney.

Seal_1 said:
I think you should get rid of the heraldic mail and replace it with the normal mail armor(purple or red mail doesn't look good) and add more types of armor.

I personally like the white and black armor here:          http://www.mercwars.com/variousgallery.shtml    I think it's the 8th picture in the first kingmaker's tourney.
I will provide normal armors for pepole who don't like heraldic armors. But only I provide is item_kinds.txt
You must replace part of armors from item_kinds.txt

rucchi said:
Seal_1 said:

I will provide normal armors for pepole who don't like heraldic armors. But only I provide is item_kinds.txt
You must replace part of armors from item_kinds.txt

I like most of the heraldic armor. the only thing I don't like is when mail is pink and has a purple unicorn on it.

(I wish my screen shot of that worked.) 

One more thing that I forgot to say is that I think it would be cool if you could actually see the improvements that you make to a village or town.
(mill appears if you build a mill, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom