**The official questions thread** aka. The F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Headhunter said:
What is the effect on the garrison if a castle does not have any food? Is this just a food store for other parties residing there or does the garrison also suffer? Never really bothered putting food in castles and never noticed a bad effect so far...
rucchi said:
Changelog version 0.73 <Apr-20-2009>
  • An inportant change- The food consumption of the town that the player owned was returned as well as Native.
Only player or companion's party consumes foods. Station garrisons don't consume foods.
But in the near future, I will revamp that Station garrisons consume foods too,

Ah, should have read the notes. Would be quite more realstic if garrisons consume food as well, but managing a kingdom  might become running from castle to castle storing food...

What about this.
Maybe a small troop of the garrison should go to a nearby village and supply themselves on regular basis. These could be intercepted to sabotage the food supply. If the nearby villages are raided, the castle suffers as well. Some men of the garisson might rebel if the food runs out. Would provide a whole a new strategic level. You can't stuff 500 men into the castle if you can't supply them. And a weaker army could starve a castle with a stronger garrison.

Now that would be cool, methinks.

Headhunter said:
Ah, should have read the notes. Would be quite more realstic if garrisons consume food as well, but managing a kingdom  might become running from castle to castle storing food...

What about this.
Maybe a small troop of the garrison should go to a nearby village and supply themselves on regular basis. These could be intercepted to sabotage the food supply. If the nearby villages are raided, the castle suffers as well. Some men of the garisson might rebel if the food runs out. Would provide a whole a new strategic level. You can't stuff 500 men into the castle if you can't supply them. And a weaker army could starve a castle with a stronger garrison.

Now that would be cool, methinks.
Thank you for your good idea.

drdoom151 said:
dzorro said:
great guide, one question though. How do you get those lords you captured to recruit soldiers on there own ?? i have given him a castle and village, but so far he only acts as a companion not as a lord that recruit and are self automated ?? I even have to give them food i thought lords you captured don't need food like companion does ???

[quote author=rucchi]
[Camp menu]
[Option]:See [Option menu]

That's what I found.
Also, try asking your questions here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,70396.0.html
[/quote]

Thanks for replying. But maybe my version is defective but what option menu do you mean ?? when i go to camp menu i only see 3 options, 1 is take an action 2 is wait for some time and 3 is resume traveling no option within camp itself ?? when i click on take an action i see only option like change banner select book to read change faction color and remove banner. no other option are present there ?? and how do i gt to the trade option ?? is it a button now, like pressing the R key ??

Currently playing with the latest one .74

dzorro said:
Thanks for replying. But maybe my version is defective but what option menu do you mean ?? when i go to camp menu i only see 3 options, 1 is take an action 2 is wait for some time and 3 is resume traveling no option within camp itself ?? when i click on take an action i see only option like change banner select book to read change faction color and remove banner. no other option are present there ?? and how do i gt to the trade option ?? is it a button now, like pressing the R key ??

Currently playing with the latest one .74

For your first question I can't help you further, as I'm not at home now.
Your second question, however, can besolved by going to a town, then I believe going to "Other menu" (It's a new button)  there should be a button called something with "Trade" in it.

dzorro said:
and how do i gt to the trade option ??
This option is for companion's party. therefore There is in only companion's party menu.
Select companion>[menu] > [Report trade informations] > [Trade option and party food for days setting]
See this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,70253.0.html

Thanks for the answer, but maybe i didn't ask it correctly, what you state there i already know, what i ask was, how do you get the lords you capture to act on there own ?? so far the lords only act like companion does, you give them food etc.. or isn't there any automated lords that you don't need to look after ?? or else it will be tidies when you have 20 lords and you have to constantly look if they have sufficient food etc..

In your description you state that only companion party needs food, so when i attack for instance the nords and capture a lord then force them through recruit prisoner.and give them a castle i still am forced to give this lord food, is that part correct ?? because that is what is happening right now.

This mod is pretty cool, the commands are very handy, it only takes me a bit to get used to it. The way to change the trade option for me was first press R key Select other companion party then chose the party, then click on select report trade information and then the option is visible of trade option for food and days settings. When i talk to the companion itself like marnid face to face the trade option from food and days settings is not visible, so maybe that is why i had a little trouble finding it.

dzorro said:
how do you get the lords you capture to act on there own ?? so far the lords only act like companion does, you give them food etc.. or isn't there any automated lords that you don't need to look after ?? or else it will be tidies when you have 20 lords and you have to constantly look if they have sufficient food etc..

When you recruited lord in your prisoners, Lord becomes your companion. Companion obeys your orders, But They can not act freely as like lords.
As your companions and their town's garrison increase, You will be quite tired for getting foods. But It is limit that you can have troops. But in future, I will revamp that companion can act freely as like lords.
In next version, villagers brings some foods to town and castle. Companion can get foods from lord chest.

In your description you state that only companion party needs food, so when i attack for instance the nords and capture a lord then force them through recruit prisoner.and give them a castle i still am forced to give this lord food, is that part correct ?? because that is what is happening right now.
You do not have to bring foods to him. You only have to let him go to village or town for foods.

If I keep the NPCs who hate one another (e.g., Artimener vs Klethi) in two separate parties, and have that second party follow me around, will that prevent them from being unhappy about my choice of companions?

Lovin' this mod in so many ways. It is so good I'm actually even enjoying learning Calradia :wink:

Hey Rucchi, have you played Sword of Damocles? I haven't played it much, though I DLed it. It is billed as having lots of "Kingdom Development" stuff. I see that enhanced Kingdom stuff (the wheat fields and cattle and such) are something you've developed in your mod. If you haven't played SoD, might be worth a peek.

Anthropoid said:
If I keep the NPCs who hate one another (e.g., Artimener vs Klethi) in two separate parties, and have that second party follow me around, will that prevent them from being unhappy about my choice of companions?
It work only When companion is in your party.

Hey Rucchi, have you played Sword of Damocles? I haven't played it much, though I DLed it. It is billed as having lots of "Kingdom Development" stuff. I see that enhanced Kingdom stuff (the wheat fields and cattle and such) are something you've developed in your mod. If you haven't played SoD, might be worth a peek.
I have hardly play other MOD since I begin to make this MOD.
I love native, And I hope that people love Native play my mod.

Nothing from a search of this board with "banner" or "field banner" so I'm guessing this question has not been asked yet.

I see these "field banner" things as weapons. What do they do?

I'll guess I can put one on an NPC and other troops will follow him around?

Anthropoid said:
Nothing from a search of this board with "banner" or "field banner" so I'm guessing this question has not been asked yet.

I see these "field banner" things as weapons. What do they do?

I'll guess I can put one on an NPC and other troops will follow him around?
Field banner is a battle flag. It is not weapon. You can distinguish more easy between ally and enemy.

Hey Radiolaria,
Have you tried redownloading the mod or did you install it incorrect? Probably something went wrong during the download which caused this/a few files to be corrupted.

drdoom151 said:
Probably something went wrong during the download which caused this/a few files to be corrupted.
Yes, thats true.My connection has been lost the during download, then i continued the downloading.Probably this error occurred here.
Thanks

rucchi said:
spl00ge said:
I'm getting the RGL error for pm_skybox_cloud_1 which sounds like it might have something to do with Panoramic mod?

Does the fact I already have Panoramic affect it? Because I checked the module.ini and it already has the Panoramic skybox lines in there.

I've tried re-downloading without success.
It is strange.
I have ever been used Panoramic mod. But It was not used because of I commented out it. Panoramic mod should not affect it.

I have been getting this error too.  Is the panoramic mod not compatable?  I haven't been able to find a fix for it have any of you guy?

I have a question!  :???:

When I set up camp and click on the 'Recruit troops Free' button I have the ability to get free troops... Is there a way of doing that on any other mod? E.g. Age Of Blackpowder  :?:

BenCoelho said:

When I set up camp and click on the 'Recruit troops Free' button I have the ability to get free troops... Is there a way of doing that on any other mod? E.g. Age Of Blackpowder  :?:

Only if the modder included it in his mod, otherwhise not.

BenCoelho said:

The developer of a modification can allow the players to use a cheat menu like in fire arrow. Some other mods have such a cheat menu implemented as well. As the cheat menu sometimes contains stuff to help developers test their mods or because they simply don't want people to cheat, they might not make it available to you. But it could also be that they didn't think it would be a wanted addition to the mod. So you could suggest to make such a cheat menu available in Age Of Blackpowder or ask the developer of it how to enable it yourself. He might upload a new patch with the cheat menu implemented or tell you how to edit the relevant file yourself.

Back
Top Bottom