**The official questions thread** aka. The F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

drdoom151

Sergeant at Arms
Hey guys,
Feel free to post questions about the Fire arrow mod here  :mrgreen:
But first, please check out if your question wasn't answered down below yet or if it got answered  HERE
For Questions about the source code: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=70666.new#new

Categories:
1. Basic Questions (Ex:What is a mod?)
2. Gameplay Questions (Ex: How do I recruit troops?)
3. Errors and Miscellaneous (Ex: Whenever I start the game I get a RGL error)

1.Basic Questions

Q: What is a mod?
A: A mod for Mount&Blade will change everything from game play to graphics and textures.
This does not ,however, alter the original M&B.

Q: Why should I download Fire Arrow?
A: Look, I'm just here to answer serious questions...

Q: How do I install a mod?
A: There's a great tutorial made by MISHO. Notice that you will need a program like WinRAR to unpack it.
1, Download the file
2, Unzip the file
3, Put the folder into \install path\Mount&Blade\Modules
4, Enjoy it.

Q: What is a bug/ glitch?
A: A bug is an error in the game that won't allow you to play the game properly (Example: You can't recruit troops). A glitch on the other hand, is an error that is there, but you can still play the game properly (A face of a NPC is completely f*cked up)

2.Gameplay Questions

Q: How can I recruit troops from villages?
A: Talk to the village elder and you can ask him if there are any men willing to join you

Q: I still can't recruit troops in villages.
A: Your relation with that village is too low. Increase it by completing quests for it.

Q: How to I upgrade troops?
A: Open the party menu (by default P) and select the troop you want to upgrade, and if he/she is available to upgrade (A plus next to their name indicates that he/she is ready to be upgraded)

Q: How do I use fire arrows?
A: By default, press the T key once.

Q: How do I turn of the Fire from fire arrows?
A: In the option menu, set max. number of flame to 0

Q: How do I recruit lords for my kingdom?
A: You recruit companions and train them. Because You can increase another companion's leader skill, They will become the same as lords. Or you can recruit enemy lord from your prisoners.

Q: How do I recruit captured lords? When I talk to them I can only ask for their skills.
A: You can recruit lords the same way as prisoners. It's the same way how you recruit troops from your prisoners (Via the camp menu).

Q: How many hours between food consumption is it set at? How many troops to one unit of food?
A: Same as native, in 12 hours a soldier consumes 1/3 unit of food.  So 100 soldiers are consuming 66 food units per day.
P.S(Nov-22-209)A soldier of garrison consumes 1/6 unit of food.

Q: I see these "field banner" things as weapons. What do they do?
A: The Field banner is a flag. It is not weapon. You can distinguish more easily between ally and enemy.

3.Errors & Miscellaneous

Q: I noticed under my name it says "Player's Faction"... Is this editable?
A: Don't worry. After you have created a character,  you can change your banner and faction name and faction color at any time in [menu](default T key)>[Manage your companion]>[choose you]>[Select one of default banners]
and [menu]>[Manage your faction]>[Change faction color and name]

Q: When ever I try to start the game I get an RGL Error
A: Please download the mod again, most probably there was an error whilst downloading.

Q: This Cheat mode really is annoying me! How do I turn it off?
A: If you don't need, you can turn "cheat mode" off from [menu]>[option] menu.

Q: I ended up having to close the mod with Alt+F4 because I didn't find the "Exit" button?
A: It is there, but invisible. It'll get fixed in the next update. *Fixed in 0.75*

97220983.png

Q: I found a bug/glitch! Where do I report it?
A: Right here

How do you change your own kingdom's name?
Camp, take an action, change faction color then change the kingdom name BUT after i type it and click out of the box so it gets set, it closes that action and my kingdom name hasn't changed

Halsemon said:
How do you change your own kingdom's name?
Camp, take an action, change faction color then change the kingdom name BUT after i type it and click out of the box so it gets set, it closes that action and my kingdom name hasn't changed

I'm not at home now so I can't try it myself.
I reported it to the bug section.

Cheers
DrDoom151

drdoom151 said:
Please download the mod again, most probably there was an error whilst downloading.

Don't bother redownloading. It doesn't have anything to do with the mod.

Omzdog said:
drdoom151 said:
Please download the mod again, most probably there was an error whilst downloading.

Don't bother redownloading. It doesn't have anything to do with the mod.

This worked for me.

Gerontis the cunning said:
I use Vista to and after the download was done I set it the mod. folder and could play right away

Windows 7 user here :smile: ...i had Vista almost 2 years no problems with anything M&B runned fine EGII too :smile: ...so i quess any one who is saying bad things at Vista has bad PC or is a Troll...

gregor_y said:
Gerontis the cunning said:
I use Vista to and after the download was done I set it the mod. folder and could play right away

Windows 7 user here :smile: ...i had Vista almost 2 years no problems with anything M&B runned fine EGII too :smile: ...so i quess any one who is saying bad things at Vista has bad PC or is a Troll...
I think that that they are Trolls who dont know how to handle a computer decent and good  :mrgreen:

What's the font used in rucchi's screenshots?

http://www36.atwiki.jp/mbfire/?plugin=ref&page=How%20to%20play&file=menu_screen.png

http://www36.atwiki.jp/mbfire/?plugin=ref&page=How%20to%20play&file=select_party1.png

I'd love to use the same in my games.

Fitzchivalry said:
What's the font used in rucchi's screenshots?
I'd love to use the same in my games.
This is "VL fonts" for japanese translation. I guess it is not downloadable now.

I'm getting the RGL error for pm_skybox_cloud_1 which sounds like it might have something to do with Panoramic mod?

Does the fact I already have Panoramic affect it? Because I checked the module.ini and it already has the Panoramic skybox lines in there.

I've tried re-downloading without success.

Weird, because I can only see skybox_cloud_1 instead of pm_skybox_cloud_1.
Logically this could be caused by the Panoramic mod, stating on the name.
Try lowering your details (texture, lighting, etc.)) and if all else fails, try using DX7.

spl00ge said:
I'm getting the RGL error for pm_skybox_cloud_1 which sounds like it might have something to do with Panoramic mod?

Does the fact I already have Panoramic affect it? Because I checked the module.ini and it already has the Panoramic skybox lines in there.

I've tried re-downloading without success.
It is strange.
I have ever been used Panoramic mod. But It was not used because of I commented out it. Panoramic mod should not affect it.

What is the effect on the garrison if a castle does not have any food? Is this just a food store for other parties residing there or does the garrison also suffer? Never really bothered putting food in castles and never noticed a bad effect so far...

Achilles_ said:
Regarding triggers: - How many hours between food consumption is it set at?  &  How many troops to one unit of food?
Same as native, Per 12hours, 1/3foods.  In that 100 soldiers are consuming 66foods per a day.

Back
Top Bottom