**The official questions thread** aka. The F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

drdoom151 said:
BenCoelho said:
I have a question!  :???:

When I set up camp and click on the 'Recruit troops Free' button I have the ability to get free troops... Is there a way of doing that on any other mod? E.g. Age Of Blackpowder  :?:

Only if the modder included it in his mod, otherwhise not.

Ok, Thanks!

Why do khergit castles burn so easily? Within 2 minutes at max the attacked side of such a castle is burning. It's unrealistic and really annoying not to have ANY place to shoot from without burning to death. I assume the burning is related to the material, so would it be possible to remove the stucco from the burnable list or *gulp* turn of fire arrows? I mean fire arrows are really nice if they can only ignite certain structures, but they're game breaking if they can set castle walls on fire...

Soil said:
Why do khergit castles burn so easily? Within 2 minutes at max the attacked side of such a castle is burning. It's unrealistic and really annoying not to have ANY place to shoot from without burning to death. I assume the burning is related to the material, so would it be possible to remove the stucco from the burnable list or *gulp* turn of fire arrows? I mean fire arrows are really nice if they can only ignite certain structures, but they're game breaking if they can set castle walls on fire...
You are right, Soil.
It is possible to remove castle wall from flammable list, in module_scene_props.py, but It is difficult for you to do it. To do more easily, In option menu, set max number of flame = 0

I set up the castle wall dose not burn easily, but siege defender destroy themselves by own arrow. Because to calculate where fire arrows hit is incorrect now. I will modify it.

I have my companions orders set to "Recruit troops when in town" one, when do they do it. and is it supposed to say "Prohibit" or do i click "Recruit" to get it to start working?

Read through the post didn't see an answer.

Font said:
I have my companions orders set to "Recruit troops when in town" one, when do they do it. and is it supposed to say "Prohibit" or do i click "Recruit" to get it to start working?

Read through the post didn't see an answer.
You should read How to play
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,70253.0.html
  • Companion's party can recruit soldiers at only town or castle they have, or player have. When they recruit soldiers, They spend 500 denars per a day. You give companion some deaners and allow him recruiting soldiers beforehand.

Is there any way to import a character? I exported a character from fire arrow and it is in my exported character files but when I try to import to fire arrow it can not find the file. I used the same character name.

With regard to import and export a character, It is not related to this mod.
But, At first, You check whether there is CharExport folder in your "install\Maunt&blade" folder or not.

felix77 said:
Is there any way to import a character? I exported a character from fire arrow and it is in my exported character files but when I try to import to fire arrow it can not find the file. I used the same character name.

You can import any character to any mod... you have to spell the name EXACTLY as you did in Fire Arrow.

i.e: If I used the name Sandman for F.A. as a Character, exported it for use in another mod, I'd have to spell it as Sandman, not sandman, SandMan, ect. You get the point I'm sure.

:arrow: Unless.. The mod team removed the feature, but I assumed it was hardcoded into M&B

rucchi said:
With regard to import and export a character, It is not related to this mod.
But, At first, You check whether there is CharExport folder in your "install\Maunt&blade" folder or not.

My character file is in my exported character folder, I placed all of M&B there for easy access. I export, check and every thing is fine but when I try to import it says file not found. I spelled the name the same exactly, I have exported and imported characters before.

Also, are books disabled or is that a bug? Because I bought life of Alexinius (sp?) the great, I can select it to read but the % does not appear on the book and I never make progress.

felix77 said:
      My character file is in my exported character folder, I placed all of M&B there for easy access. I export, check and every thing is fine but when I try to import it says file not found. I spelled the name the same exactly, I have exported and imported characters before.
If you can never solve a problem,  you should re-install mount&blade. I cannot help you any more.

felix77 said:
    Also, are books disabled or is that a bug? Because I bought life of Alexinius (sp?) the great, I can select it to read but the % does not appear on the book and I never make progress.
Thank you for bug report.

rucchi said:
felix77 said:
If you can never solve a problem,  you should re-install mount&blade. I cannot help you any more.

felix77 said:
Thank you for bug report.

Thank you for the help, I'll just keep on the game I'm on.

About the bug, sorry to post it here. The only bug is that it does not display the % of the book read. There is no indication that the book is being read, but I did complete the book after a couple of weeks.

felix77 said:
felix77 said:
      About the bug, sorry to post it here. The only bug is that it does not display the % of the book read. There is no indication that the book is being read, but I did complete the book after a couple of weeks.

You need to have a certain level of intelligence as skill requirement to read a book. Maybe your character hasn't high enough skills to read that particular book yet? Maybe you upgraded your char so that he had sufficient skills, did not check the progress again and finished it some time later. Then the progress might have been shown, but you just wouldn't have seen it, because you didn't check again.

Okay question here, I have windows vista and i downloaded this mod. i then unzipped with IZARC that all went fine, after that i dragged it into my mount and blade modules box right next to "native". But then i went to play it and it didn't show up in the select modules thing.i tryed restarting my PC and it didnt do anything............

Not sure what to do next? please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps You failed download the file. Did you saw in fire arrow folder? If it is normal mod folder, there are Textures, Resource, SceneObj, sound, Music folders, and actions.txt, conversation.txt, dialog_states.txt, etc.

Did you try restarting M&B? Or redownloading and reinstalling? I don't know if you have experience with this, so, I'll just ask, did youput the .rar file into the modules folder? You first have to unrar and then put the folder you recieve into the modules folder.

I did "unzip" it then put that folder into the modules folder
This is my first mod so i have zero experiance with it
Also it seemed all the files were there.........  it downloaded the full 62.7 mb's

Not sure what to do know
thanks for the replys though guys

thanks for the offer man however i got it figured out! i went into the files and for some reason clicking on the "Fire arrow turn into a inferno" folder went to another folder named the exact same thing which when clicked went to the actual files. So i just made it so the folder went straight to the files and its all better

thanks for the help everyone these forums are great!

Heh, another question but this one about gameplay
When i shoot fire arrows at wooden buildings and hit them they dont start on fire....... there supposed to right?
Also is says somewhere you can start a fire by torch where do i get a torch

Looks like a great mod you got going here

Back
Top Bottom