Bug report version1.0 & all known bug. Please point out incorrect English.

Users who are viewing this thread

drdoom151 said:
Erik the Red said:
Ahhh, I got it now, thanks!

You very sure you were using fire arrows ?  :razz:

Lol, pretty sure I was. I joined the Nords and had to deliver a message to the Khergit's, so when I got there I started shootin off arrows at the wooden stuff, and it kept sayin "Archers! Put out the fires!" So, ya know, just a guess. ^^

New bug that really...bugged me. Suppose you recruit a lord from your prisoner menu who owns a location such as a castle or town. He would continue to own said town, even afterwards. This makes things weird in that you can make parties out of said town/castle's garrison. Is this intended or not?

E.g. I defeated Lord Irya in battle, then recruited him. He was still owner of Wercheg, so I was able to destroy the entire garrison of Wercheg. Weird no?

MagicJuggler said:
New bug that really...bugged me. Suppose you recruit a lord from your prisoner menu who owns a location such as a castle or town. He would continue to own said town, even afterwards. This makes things weird in that you can make parties out of said town/castle's garrison. Is this intended or not?
I didn't know what You want me to anser, but You can recruit them from camp menu.
Additional camp menu

[Recruit menu] : You can recruit troops and lords in your prisoners. Your persuasion skill increase chance to recruit prisoners.
E.g. I defeated Lord Irya in battle, then recruited him. He was still owner of Wercheg, so I was able to destroy the entire garrison of Wercheg. Weird no?
It is not weird. and you can,
You demanded enemy town or castle surrender, in exchange for the their lord's safe return. (It is necessary to do that You have High persuasion skill and Number of Your soldier is larger than their.)
If You could recruit lord in your prisoners, You can take his fiefs into your faction, but it is necessary to be on friendly terms with him.
Please You take Lord Irya along to town he owned, and talk to watch man.
I will add this question in "the official questions thread".

SantasHelper said:
another trick for performance
Exactly, This mod is fps killer by drawing heraldry because, It drew 3 textures per armor. At first Sample_texture for specular was drawn, next heraldic was drawn on armor wholly, finally heraldic armor was finished by texture that has alpha. If you had no banner, but it needs 2 textures, sample texture and texture that has no alpha.
And for other reason is to drawn his heraldry per lord who has banner in battle scene.  The solution for this problem is,  If the lord was your enemy,  to paint thier armors simple color, for example RED.
This way may improves little performance, but You will distinguish ally and enemy.
SantasHelper said:
another small bug report

assigning heraldry to companions with "orders" in the town menu.
select party doesn't work correctly.
I checked your report. It was bug. I fixed it, thank you.
**not a bug but feature***

we can give them 1000 in their account
is this so they pay their wages, buy food, etc... or is it just to hire troops. it was unclear.
1000 takes a long time to get, maybe allow smaller ammount (if its to pay wages, etc...)

**fiefs**
is there a way to give them fiefs ? I couldn't find the option
I guess he spent denars for hire man. Check "allow recruit man" or "prohibit recruit man".
To give companions your fiefs increases relation your and him.

SantasHelper said:
personaly I disliked the whole idea of recruiting enemy lords. it's like recruiting ghengis khan or napoleon.... why would your enemy join you... in bandit king (old mod) it made things too easy. wedding dance implented that, and you can beat the whole map in a few minutes even at level 1. why ? one third of each faction join you, even without making efforts, that's 35 lords + your companions become lords... 50 on your side... 14 left each faction. how can they resist ?
I think easy to recruit enemy lord in your prisoner, Because there is 20% chance if you no persuasion skill. and Maybe I think "hero_escape_after_defeat_chance" is lower than native. I will come to have a better opinion of it.
we got 16 lords (companions) it's more than enought to beat the map. there are some case where it would make sense, if the person we try to hire is someone we rescue from his enemy, he happen to already be a good friend of ours (relationship 100 or at least 80) and he also share personality traits with us (each lord is classified as: evil: sadistic, bad tempered, thievish/manipulator; neutral: warlike; good: outstanding, good natured)

thoses are classifications in the code, they correspond to action they will take or not take, like raiding caravans, villages, defending caravans/villages and so on. it also correspond to the ccompanions 4 traits, thought not diectly. I think if you track the player actions, you just add a requirement that he need to be in perfect synch with whomever he tries to recruit. (i.e. to recuit outstanding, you need to be outstanding...)

sorry if I diverged from bugs to suggestions...
>you just add a requirement that he need to be in perfect synch with whomever he tries to recruit. (i.e. to recuit outstanding, you need to be outstanding...)
I'm sorry but I can't understand what you want to say, That is, Do You want to become lords as companions?
for example, companion love one, dislike one, like action, dislike action.

SantasHelper said:
Note : on the travel map, the color I choosed work fine (blue)
But on the order-map I think it still use the old color (magenta/ink)
You are right. When I did it, I did't take good ways into my head, But I will fix it.

Recently joined Sanjar Khan as a vasal and soon afterwards went on campaign with his marshall. Tried to recruit from villages, but did not even get the option in the dialogue... I could recruit before even when relationship to the village was 0... Is it a bug or intended? Can anybody confirm this?

Or does relationship to a nation influence the recruiting behaviour of villages as well? E.g. My standing with a vaegir village is 0, but my relationship to the Vaegir is +20. Because of my good relationship to the nation the village elder is willing to pass me some of his boys... "I do not trust you, sir, but the word of your deeds for the people have spread even in this small village. No one here can actually prove them, but I will ask around if someone here is willing to join your cause..."

Could also work the other way 'round (good relation to village, bad relationship or even war with the nation):"I'm sorry but no one here is willing to follow you, sir. We're afraid of what Yaroglek will do to us if he finds out that we supported his enemies. Please understand our situation, we have women and children living here..."

Headhunter said:
Recently joined Sanjar Khan as a vasal and soon afterwards went on campaign with his marshall. Tried to recruit from villages, but did not even get the option in the dialogue... I could recruit before even when relationship to the village was 0... Is it a bug or intended? Can anybody confirm this?
Number of villagers that you can recruit is also influenced by relation between you and village, village population,  and simply random.

Headhunter said:
Or does relationship to a nation influence the recruiting behaviour of villages as well?
Number of villagers that you can recruit is not influenced by relation between you and their faction, but It influences cost when you recruited them. If relation between you and thier faction is bad, the cost increases as you bought goods from them.

rucchi said:
Number of villagers that you can recruit is also influenced by relation between you and village, village population,  and simply random.

So the higher the population the higher the chance of recruiting. Makes sense. But what I don't understand is, that as soon as I became a vassal, really no one wanted to join any more... And I scanned a lot of villages. I'm pretty sure I could recruit from these villages while I was not a vassal. Still puzzles me. Maybe it was just coincidence.

Headhunter said:
So the higher the population the higher the chance of recruiting. Makes sense. But what I don't understand is, that as soon as I became a vassal, really no one wanted to join any more... And I scanned a lot of villages. I'm pretty sure I could recruit from these villages while I was not a vassal. Still puzzles me. Maybe it was just coincidence.
I guess it was caused by relation between you and village faction. When this relation between you and village was 0, If village faction was enemy, then you can't recruit villager. but if it was ally, you can recruit.
it is same as native.
At any rate, you want to recruit enemy villagers, you must to do more village quest.

Couple of glitches:
- The exit button is missing
- I can only do the "Teach the villagers to defend themselves" quest. Even though I've done it 10 times in that village.

drdoom151 said:
- The exit button is missing
Is your version 0.74? Bug that exit button is missing was already fixed. And exit button was only hidden by picture.

drdoom151 said:
I can only do the "Teach the villagers to defend themselves" quest. Even though I've done it 10 times in that village.
Only When production of wheat in the village was 0 (Famine), Village elder give you "Bring wheat quest".
Only When number of cattles in the village was 0, Village elder give you "Deliver heads of cattle quest".
Other easy way for make relationship between you and the village better, To help villager that  was attacked by bandit.

drdoom151 said:
Can you add something else? Because this quickly becomes boring  :roll:
You are right. But Take it easy. Did you build a shool? I usually build it when I had the village.

P.S.
I have some idea :!: About to build a shool at not your fiefs. Whether you can buil it is influenced by relationship between village lord and you.

I made a hero (Lezalit) create a new party where I was planning to let the soldiers that I hadn't any room for be. It said that he had a partylimit of around 50, but when his army got bigger than around 40 his partylimit was reduced to 8.
?

Back
Top Bottom