Generic Application error

Users who are viewing this thread

Drakkar

Recruit
Whenever I run Mount and Blade I get a 'Generic Application error', it pops up after it gets passed the bink video...(the taleworlds thing). I've tried re-installing, and it happens with Native and other mods.  This is what is sais : Generica application error. enable debug ouput for detailed information.

Switching to the reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire Direct 3D feature set, but runs very slowly.
Then I press OK.  Another box pops up... this is what this new one sais :

Warning: nothing will be rendered.
The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device installed.  Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device.
Press OK. Another box.. yay.  This one sais :

Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information.

This sample will now exit.  Press ok.  The screens close and goes to my desktop.

Any help? And if you need my specs.. here they are:
(v1.1011 M&B btw)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
4GB Ram
64-bit Operating System

It worked before.. but now it just pooped on me.  I'll try restarting my computer.

Thanks for the help in advance..

Video card:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
Well.. I don't know if that's latest... but on the Nvidia website it said its custom for notebooks.
But the laptop is brand new.  Like only about 5-6 months old,

I got it to work.  It was the intro video.. I was skipping it.  The only bad thing now is i gotta waste 5 minutes of my life to watch it ^^. xD

i am currently having this exact same problem. watching through the intro does not work for me, i still get the two error messages.

my specs are
Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.40 GHZ
512MB of RAM
64 bit

Graylord said:
The same way you rename anything. Right click, rename.

Okay...I'm still having this same problem. I downloaded the updated versions of Directx 7 - 10. Should I try downloading DirectX 11 or whatever? I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing seems to work. I despair of ever playing this game on my computer ever again.

I have the exact problem. Before, it works fine. But when I installed Java update, it does not work anymore and giving me this problem. What did I do is uninstalled the java update and TADAAA! :shock: it works fine! Hope this helps.  :smile:

Sorry for bumping this, but for the first time ever I got the same error. The game worked fine yesterday, but today, as I start the game up, these errors pop up.

I presume nobody has to date found a good solutions for this? Because if thats the case, it would be most problematic.

EDIT. Just noticed this thread is for the original MnB, Im playing Warband. Better post on the Warband board aswell, this thread was the first one coming up on Google.

EDIT2. Nevermind, a restart managed to fix it. Though MnB had defaulted the settings, as in it didnt start windowed like it normally would and so on.

Back
Top Bottom