Demonplate Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Thorlac

Recruit
Just curious - why even have demonplate armor as a drop? I can't imagine anyone ever being able to use it, or...? (73 STR required)
Btw. I *love* the Spirited Noldor Spirit Horse :smile: Why anyone would prefer the netherworld charger is beyond me :wink:

EDIT: I did have a bug one time though, where one my heroes equipped one through the auto-loot feature though. Haven't been able to duplicate it though.

I almost went the rebel route, the one where you help a claimant to a throne. I was going to side with Madame Ursula of Ravenstern and checked out her stats. She is extremely strong and can wear the demonskin armor immediately. Probably the other claimants are the same. Unfortunately for her, she stayed in the Empire, the only faction I was at warr with at the time, and I got tired of waiting for her to come out of her hiding place so I went ahead and founded Pendor. I have an old save game at this time, I'm going to try this on a replay, it's something I haven't done in M&B before.

The demonskin armor I found required a strength of 30, IIRC.

Yup, Leslie looted the Demonskin in my game. She's well-nigh indestructible now, the level 8 dear  :smile:

popbugdemonskinrs.jpg

Chiksika said:
I almost went the rebel route, the one where you help a claimant to a throne. I was going to side with Madame Ursula of Ravenstern and checked out her stats. She is extremely strong and can wear the demonskin armor immediately. Probably the other claimants are the same. Unfortunately for her, she stayed in the Empire, the only faction I was at warr with at the time, and I got tired of waiting for her to come out of her hiding place so I went ahead and founded Pendor. I have an old save game at this time, I'm going to try this on a replay, it's something I haven't done in M&B before.

Yeah - this not demonskin armor, but demonplate armor. And it does require 73 STR... Want a screenpic? :smile:

Thorlac said:
Chiksika said:

Yeah - this not demonskin armor, but demonplate armor. And it does require 73 STR... Want a screenpic? :smile:

You're right, I just had to check the armor I had in a chest, it's not the demonplate I have. The demonskin is fairly good, it has head +2, 60 to torso and 10 to legs, strength required 30. Not bad, but weak in leg protection, it's pretty light though. I'll have to keep on the lookout for the demonplate armor, but those cult guys are just about wiped out in my game now.

Got 2 of the Demonplate Armor (Battered and Regular) as a drop, not much use considering the strength required to use. I mean 73!  :sad:

Thorlac said:

A screenpic would be great! I just looked the demonplate up on the item editor: 75 body and 37 foot armour. Not bad (although someone with 73 STR probably doesn't need such massive armour).

Demonplate is dropped by Fallen Revenants, part of Eyegrims spawn. But if it´s composition is the same for you as it was in my game you better run and hide till Eyegrim ate half Pendor for lunch and was worn out, then pull out all your top units and autocalc the costly battle.

demonplate1.jpg

By noosers at 2009-07-12
demonplate2.jpg

By noosers at 2009-07-12

@Josef: Autoloot, the way to equip Demonskin to lowly NPC companions not fitting the STR requirements. Something to be abused in future :razz: Right now I am very satisfied with the looks and equipment of my companions. Hours le.g. ooks like the Good Knight from  Dungeon Keeper I :razz: Just lovely and sweent.

Theoretically you can use it. If you export import a character he could have really high strength if he regularly drinks the elixir..

That armour looks (and is) brilliant. Thanks for taking the time to post those images Noosers  :grin:
I hate cheating (and never do), but in this case I might edit the strength requirements in item_kinds1 because I'd just love for my own character to use this ...I might even be a bastard and place it as a rare item (rare like the Netherworld charger) in the shops :cool:

If you want to add it in yourself,
Open:  item_kinds1
Search: Demonplate_Armor

itm_pl_451 Demonplate_Armor Demonplate_Armor 1  aqs_plate_armor2 0  16777229 0 5338 704643236 27.000000 1 0 75 37 73 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The red (1) represents the likelihood the item will turn up in the shops. I changed it to 30.
The blue (73) represents the requirements to use the item (strength). I changed it to 12.

This is mine:
itm_pl_451 Demonplate_Armor Demonplate_Armor 1  aqs_plate_armor2 0  16777229 0 5338 704643236 27.000000 30 0 75 37 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Image of Demon Plate (taken by Nooser).
noosers said:
demonplate1.jpg

By noosers at 2009-07-12
demonplate2.jpg

By noosers at 2009-07-12

Note: I don't know what the rules are for the forums in POP, but if a moderator would prefer that I don't show these instructions, I can delete the post. I'm just trying to be helpful :smile:

Illuminati said:
If you want to add it in yourself,
Open:  item_kinds1
Search: Demonplate_Armor

itm_pl_451 Demonplate_Armor Demonplate_Armor 1  aqs_plate_armor2 0  16777229 0 5338 704643236 27.000000 1 0 75 37 73 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The red (1) represents the likelihood the item will turn up in the shops. I changed it to 30.
The blue (73) represents the requirements to use the item (strength). I changed it to 12.

This is mine:
itm_pl_451 Demonplate_Armor Demonplate_Armor 1  aqs_plate_armor2 0  16777229 0 5338 704643236 27.000000 30 0 75 37 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Does this work for savegames, or does one have to start a new game?

It works on save games. You need to wait a while for the items you added to circulate in to the shops.

I actually went through the entire items_kinds1 list and made all the rare items less rare (except the kings crown and quest items etc).
I was amazed to see how many amazing pieces of armour there were, armour I had never ever seen (even though I had played for 412 game days).

Remember that you can change the red digit (1 in this case) to any number (depending on your preference). For example, changing it to 90 would give you a 90% chance of the item appearing in shops. I gave most items either a 10% or 20% chance of appearing.

This works with saved games, but I decided to start a new game (just for fun) after doing this, because I find the beginning of a game to be the most challenging, and therefore the most enjoyable lol.

Gonna add a couple of questions here:
How many do actually prefer the netherworld charger over the noldor spirit horse?
Second, and probably harder to answer: Why does the Spirited noldor spirit horse have different graphics/skin from the "ordinary" spirit horse? (I might add I think the "ordinary" looks better)

The "ordinary spirit horse looks like the horse used by Noldor Nobles, the spirited version is here:
http://picasaweb.google.dk/lh/photo/jNAvn6mtFixI8bjj6Zsr9Q?feat=directlink

PS: Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link so the picture shows directly here.

Thorlac said:
How many do actually prefer the netherworld charger over the noldor spirit horse?

I like the Noldor Spirit Horse better, because it's quick, but also sufficently armored. The Netherworld Charger has much more hit points, but is too slow for my taste. I'd rather outride any danger and look out not to gallop into any couched lances with the Noldor Spirit Horse. Due to it's hitpoints the Charger might still be alive after a hard battle, but due to it's slowness I might not...

Thorlac said:
Second, and probably harder to answer: Why does the Spirited noldor spirit horse have different graphics/skin from the "ordinary" spirit horse? (I might add I think the "ordinary" looks better)

The "ordinary spirit horse looks like the horse used by Noldor Nobles, the spirited version is here:
[picture in previous post]

Urrg. The Spirited Spirit Horse looks like a Courser. Just ... white. Boring. Also it doesn't seem that much better then the regular Spirit Horse.

Thorlac said:
HSecond, and probably harder to answer: Why does the Spirited noldor spirit horse have different graphics/skin from the "ordinary" spirit horse? (I might add I think the "ordinary" looks better)

http://picasaweb.google.dk/lh/photo/jNAvn6mtFixI8bjj6Zsr9Q?feat=directlink

PS: Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link so the picture shows directly here.

just use the item editor to correct this fault. the second mesh is faulty (cruser, correct is  aqs_horse5). is there no testing of the mod?

This got sigged!

Did it ever occur in your mind noone looted a Spirited Spirt Noldor Horse during all the beta testing? If you get something out of it, checkout all items and proof them. Happy hunting.

An interesting observation I just made a few days ago..

First some background:
All horses have "modifiers" as determined by Native code.  They are Lame, Stubborn, Spirited, Heavy and Champion.  Each Modifier changes a few stats and appends the name to "Lame", "Spirited", etc.

The same modifier concept applies for all armor, weapons etc. 

Regarding the Horses:

I noticed that many of these horses when shown in smaller non-battlefield windows appear different.  I was playing another mod from a developer I admire, and I noticed this when I was searching for that companion that was riding a specific spirited "pinto" type horse.. and I could not find it..they all looked like black saddle horses.  When I opened up the companions however and searched through one at a time, I could clearly see the correctly colored  horse.

I have not tested this.. but it appears that there may be some issue here.

hoellenbewohner said:
just use the item editor to correct this fault. the second mesh is faulty (cruser, correct is  aqs_horse5). is there no testing of the mod?

Are you being serious?

Best,

Saxondragon

Back
Top Bottom