[S] New MOD: Puzzle games 7 in 1 (Port to the Warband v1.102)

Users who are viewing this thread

Upddate on 15/3/2010
1. Add 78 new stages for Pentominoes, total 123 stages now!
2. The size of the map for Minesweeper can be adjusted.

ehhhh this serves what purpose now?

i mean sure i like puzzles but cmon.....ide shoot an arrow to some swadians face over puzzles anyday :smile:

now im off to go play mnb XD

Original idea :grin:

I see application of these in m&b. As someone said - playing it with lords/ladies in castles or with random drunkards in taverns - to win some money or increase relationships.

Pentominoes! <3 I haven't played that since the Xanth game.
Pode said:
I'd love to see an option to play chess with some of the lords (and perhaps certain ladies as well) for a relation boost
Chess would be awesome. You could tie the difficulty to your opponents Tactic skill.

Excellent job in demonstrating the power of presentations.

But, really, who would want to play puzzle games in an otherwise fun combat simulator? It would have made sense if MnB was a boring spreadsheet application.

MadVader said:
But, really, who would want to play puzzle games in an otherwise fun combat simulator?
*raises hand* Ooh! Me! MEMEMEMEME! ^_^

Seriously, this has quite a bit of potential. You see it as puzzle games, but I see it as the door to minigames.
If someone wants to add lockpicking or trap disarming into their mod, why not make it into a minigame?
Have an ancient riddle that needs to be solves? Why not make it a cryptogram?
Did an ancient cataclysm scattered parts of a key across the land, forcing the character to spend hours hunting them down and collecting them, and now he needs to assemble them into their final form? Pentominoes is the puzzle for you!
Does your mod feel too original when your aim was "bland and boring"? Throw in some Triple Triad, and make sure to include it as a requirement if the player wants to beat the main quest.

The potential this mod opens up is huge, and I'm really hoping people pick up on it. ^.^

Shatari said:
Seriously, this has quite a bit of potential. You see it as puzzle games, but I see it as the door to minigames.
If someone wants to add lockpicking or trap disarming into their mod, why not make it into a minigame?
Have an ancient riddle that needs to be solves? Why not make it a cryptogram?
Did an ancient cataclysm scattered parts of a key across the land, forcing the character to spend hours hunting them down and collecting them, and now he needs to assemble them into their final form? Pentominoes is the puzzle for you!
Does your mod feel too original when your aim was "bland and boring"? Throw in some Triple Triad, and make sure to include it as a requirement if the player wants to beat the main quest.

I believe Reign of the Sword mod has some of the above implemented. I just wonder why these were put in. Why not real medieval board games?

Do these games have an in game consequence? Like, you pay in game money to play, and you win a prize (such as more money) if you win?

Also, chess as a minigame would be awesome.

If these are just pointlessly thrown in, are there any plans to better integrate them into the game?

I just imagined playing chess with Count Tribidian to settle our differences.. It's really intense xD
Great mod by the way.

fatman123131 said:
but..this ruins the whole concept of Mount and Blade!!!!
NO, it bloody does not, you incredible fool. And to any and all of you idiotic twits who yammer on about how it serves no purpose or how no-one would play it; so? What mod DOES serve a purpose? If this one serves no purpose, no mod serves a purpose. Stop whining.

To be honest, I think it's amazing that OP manages to put the concept in-game. :eek:
I still stand by my previous post that it would be cool to play those games in the tavern and if the games looked more like medieval games.

Back
Top Bottom