Qualis gems - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

QUALIS GEM

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. KNOW THAT GOD KILLS A KITTEN EACH TIME YOU READ IT.

16ncd2.jpg

Where to get them

1. You can get Qualis gems by capturing unique heroes. These heroes are on unique spawns. Now there are spawns that do not have unique heroes. A way to know if there is a heroe on a spawn is to simply look for a name that has a percentage on the right, just like yours and of your companions in your party or other lords. Other, regular, unique spawns that do not have unique heroes do not give you the chance of having a qualis gem. These are, for example, the 3 Seers army. Now, once you defeat an unique spawn with a hero, you have a 20-40% chance of being able to capture the hero. If you do, you can then talk to him in your Party screen and he'll offer you, among his other choices, a Qualis gem for his or her freedom.

2. You can also grab a Qualis gem by going into the chest in Rane. Valonbray also has a chest, but with random loot. From time to time there will be people in the tavern that will sell you a map to Rane for 200 denars. This means the chest(s) will be refilled, but they will be refilled with random loot only, not with another Qualis gem, never again.

3. (hidden) Buy a unit of salt from a village or a town. Go to a trainer, talk with him and ask him about Pendor. This is an easter egg. You'll receive a Qualis gem, a baggage train, 100k denars and 25 Noldor mixed soldiers, comprised of Noldor Twilight Knights, Noldor Maiden Rangers, Noldor Warriors and Noldor Rangers.

Where to use them

1. To create a knighthood order. Some orders require a Qualis gem, others do not and require something else. Refer back the Wiki page by clicking here

2. Discover the location of the hidden mines of Al-Aziz. When you find Brother Randalf you have the opportunity of giving him one Qualis gem in exchange for the location. You would require more gems for when you enter the mines, I suggest if you're serious about it to refer to my other thread, Al Aziz - the definite thread.

3. Finneas de Figt can give you an elixir in exchange for a Qualis gem. The elixir gives you an extra 2 Strength and 2 Agility. It is rumoured that it also helps with something else, as in not losing your luck, age, renown or skills (not confirmed).

4. (hidden) You can use a Qualis gem to gamble. This is an easter egg. Go talk with a townmaster in any town. Ask him for a job (quest). Then ask him "What if I can't make it (the quest)?". He'll then answer if you like to gamble and explain what it will do. Gamble with him at your own risk. Once you press "Yes", and if nothing seemed to happen, it means you won. Get out of the dialog and check your party, you should have some nice elite units. I have had, only one type of these troops, either Knights of the Falcon, or Knights of Dawn, or Jatu Lancers, or Noldor Twilight Knights, or Noldor Rangers, or Omen Seekers (30 of them, best bang for the buck out of all the other choices, you'll see why when you get some), or Singalian Horsemen (not really elite here), and some others I don't recall. If you lose the gamble, you lose a Qualis gem. Your choice. Of course that, if you're a save scum, like I try not to be, ahem, you can go back and try again. Obviously, save before entering a town. I have tried this when I had 2 Qualis gems in my inventory.

Post updated.

Well, after reading your post, I can see how people may be spoiled with some of this info, so, we could go on votes or just have one of the mod-dudes here delete this thread altogether. I just get sick of people asking the same threads, over and over again. I say PUNISHEMENT is in ORDER.

Pode said:
Dante Leonhart said:
I say: About time.

Sticky. This. Thread.
And a 24 hour ban on anyone who asks about them after the sticky.

This is not suppose to be something that we give a road map to... but something that the player has to figure out through play.  This is especially true if we have EE's in the information thread.  No.. lets not sticky this. 

Best,

saxondragon

In my opinion,even if to stop the unneccesant yammering,the easter eggs should not be given away.
Just my two cents.

~Ãbyss

Guys Dont think To hard. It is actually quite simple!! U dont need anything besides the Wine there is no chicken or quail or arrow.
just keep up the hard work, ull get it.
Id tell u if saxon hadnt said to not give a road map. lol :razz:
Oh and saxon, i killed 1 jatu army(abt650men) wit their lord thingy to get a qualis gem!!! :smile: but now their crushed!! :sad: will there lord still respawn? and they are still running around witht 3 jatu armies of 700+!! HOW ARE THEY CRUSHED? also. around where are the heretics located?

PS: Im naked..

Dear Abby (or Saxondragon),

I find myself frustrated over my seemingly unending quest to obtain a second Qualis Gem (after spending the freebie gem on findng the mines) and so found the knighthood order of my choosing.  Having spent considerable time building up the leadership skills and reknown - (I must confess I cheated a wee bit due to impatience with the slow progress from the relatively small party one is stuck with for some time) - for a decent-sized party and even more in aquiring a sufficient number of experienced troops, I set out to tackle a unique hero spawn. 

After quickly realizing my humble band of 93 troops could not hope to take down 300+ Mystmountain Raiders or even 200+ of the much tougher Zatu horsemen, I set about attempting to lure one Zatu warlord (whose name escapes me) into Noldor lands hoping for some unwitting assistance from the formidible, if small, bands of Elves.  I wore out a string of horses and several sunsets trying to maneuver about to force a conflict between the Noldor and my Zatu prey, but finally succeeded.  I joined the fight at the expense of many casualties despite the assistance of around 85 Noldor - against some 235 Zatu including over 50 of the Grim Riders - and was victorious!  Only to have the squirmy warlord escape leaving me with only some valuable loot and no Qualis gem for my considerable time and effort.

You can imagine my disappointment and frustration.

Sincerly,
Frustrated in Pendor

12oz Jesus said:
Dear Abby (or Saxondragon),

I find myself frustrated over my seemingly unending quest to obtain a second Qualis Gem (after spending the freebie gem on findng the mines) and so found the knighthood order of my choosing.  Having spent considerable time building up the leadership skills and reknown - (I must confess I cheated a wee bit due to impatience with the slow progress from the relatively small party one is stuck with for some time) - for a decent-sized party and even more in aquiring a sufficient number of experienced troops, I set out to tackle a unique hero spawn. 

After quickly realizing my humble band of 93 troops could not hope to take down 300+ Mystmountain Raiders or even 200+ of the much tougher Zatu horsemen, I set about attempting to lure one Zatu warlord (whose name escapes me) into Noldor lands hoping for some unwitting assistance from the formidible, if small, bands of Elves.  I wore out a string of horses and several sunsets trying to maneuver about to force a conflict between the Noldor and my Zatu prey, but finally succeeded.  I joined the fight at the expense of many casualties despite the assistance of around 85 Noldor - against some 235 Zatu including over 50 of the Grim Riders - and was victorious!  Only to have the squirmy warlord escape leaving me with only some valuable loot and no Qualis gem for my considerable time and effort.

You can imagine my disappointment and frustration.

Sincerly,
Frustrated in Pendor

It was never suppose to be easy.  The idea was to make it really hard to find these gems... and the reward is great once you do.

Many folks import characters, with lots of gold.  Some of the forum posts (but not all) from folks  make it seem easy to find, defeat, capture then gain one of these gems.  With beefed up characters, the ability to quickly level up troops, yes it can be streamlined and made easier.

But I gather from your post, that you are playing the way the game was intended.  And that means, that this process is long and difficult.  The gems are used to do some amazing things.  It is designed for you, once earned, to make some very hard choices. 

Hang in there.. it will be fine.

Best,

saxondragon

Getting gems is simple (opposite of complex), not easy (opposite of challenging).

And enormously frustrating at times when the RNG doesn't love you. :sad:

Uniques roll to escape from you using the same routine as regular lords.  In PoP this is set at 60% escape / 40% capture IIRC.  I confess I have two files in my PoP folder, 40% scripts.txt and 100% scripts.txt, which take turns being saved as scripts.txt depending on if I'm fighting a gem-giving spawn or not.  Cheating, yes.  But monitor and fist saving.

first post should be edited since the "salt trick" no longer gives a gem, though there is rumor of another EE that gives a gem

salt trick was edited for the current version, I suppose I assume all current conversation is based on the newest version since having to version tag every comment would be annoying

in 2.2 salt trick you only get gem if you have inventory space and you have no other gems in your inventory

It's weird...

I did this once with about 6 bags of salt (because I didn't realize you only needed one) and nothing happened.  I reloaded and dumped my qualis gem via inventory and just tossing it onto the ground to be lost forever.  And than the trick worked and I got everything!  :smile:

But I was short one gem so I've done some further testing and even recreated the above scenario and it's not working now.  :sad:

I even tried a new character and all I get is the troops.  Can this only be done once and that's it? 

BTW:  I've been playing the game a bunch straight up and finally decided to start reading the forums and I've been reading about all these tricks and strategies to employ!  :grin:  I had to reg though to ask about this though. 

Back
Top Bottom