Qualis gems - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Evil Napkin said:
It's weird...

I did this once with about 6 bags of salt (because I didn't realize you only needed one) and nothing happened.  I reloaded and dumped my qualis gem via inventory and just tossing it onto the ground to be lost forever.  And than the trick worked and I got everything!  :smile:

But I was short one gem so I've done some further testing and even recreated the above scenario and it's not working now.  :sad:

I even tried a new character and all I get is the troops.  Can this only be done once and that's it? 

BTW:  I've been playing the game a bunch straight up and finally decided to start reading the forums and I've been reading about all these tricks and strategies to employ!  :grin:  I had to reg though to ask about this though.

You don't get any renown/cash/gems with the salt trick as of version/patch 2.03. Only fancy troops.

In order to get the troops you have to have open troop slots in your army.  I'm not sure if you need just 1 spot open or 20 (which is the amount of troops you get from this).  Try to fire one troop and do it and see if you get the whole lot.  If not, make room for 20 I believe and you should be good.  :smile:

For the salt trick, what the heck do you mean talk to a "Trainer" what the heck is that??

Ironwolf

PS So weve figured out the only way to get gems is chest in rane and killing named ones?

No candies for boys with nasty tongues and lack of patience.

Yes,chest in rane and special spawns are so far the only named ways to get a qualis gem.

~Ãbyss

Gosh sorry didnt know that was a nasty tongue.  Jeez let me try again.

Please dear ladies and gentlemen, I was quite taken back with my lack of knowledge on what a "Trainer" was.

If someone could do me a huge favor and inform my little mind what that might be, Id be very, very pleased.

Ironwolf

Ironwolf1974 said:
Gosh sorry didnt know that was a nasty tongue.  Jeez let me try again.

Please dear ladies and gentlemen, I was quite taken back with my lack of knowledge on what a "Trainer" was.

If someone could do me a huge favor and inform my little mind what that might be, Id be very, very pleased.

Ironwolf
What do trainers supposedly do? Right.. And the name of the place where the usually are located is? Well done, you just used that useless thing between your ears!

Why is everyone all over me?

Ive NEVER seen a trainer in game, nor a school.  Just castles, towns and so on.

In the arena there is the arena master, no trainers there.

Sorry if Im dense.

Ironwolf

Wolf,

You'll want to look for locations named "Training Fields" that are located in the Fierdsvain and the Empire areas.  There should be 2 of the training fields in each area. 

Fierds - one by Javikshold and Windholm I think
Empire - one by CEZ and one by Janos I think
*going off the top of my head here

And don't let forum posters get to you.  Forums were created so people could ask questions, no matter how "simple" they may be.  I put "simple" in quotes because what a lot of forum assholes don't realize is something that may be easy to them, might not be to other people.  I know playing Pendor I missed the training fields for quite some times because my eyes would glaze over them because I was always focused on other things in the game. 

Don't sweat it.  Ask away and somebody civil enough will come around and answer your question directly instead of being smirk about it and giving you a less direct answer that only adds more questions.  It's a fun little cycle these people create.

Forgot to add:  They are labelled in white lettering

EN

OMG I Just looked at your name.

Evil Napkin.

I mean, to be killed or captures by...an evil napkin.  Gotta be hard on the old pride.

And thank you, I didnt even think of those! lol

Ironwolf

Ironwolf1974 said:
OMG I Just looked at your name.

Evil Napkin.

I mean, to be killed or captures by...an evil napkin.  Gotta be hard on the old pride.

And thank you, I didnt even think of those! lol

Ironwolf
It never occurred to you that "training fields" will have trainers on them?

It never occured to me that they were even there, there close to towns, so when riding by dont
even look at them.

Heck I didnt even go INTO them when I first got game and went through the tutorial, which I guess
was IN a training field.

Either way, no it didnt occur to me.

Ironwolf

PS Nothing happens, just my salt disappears.

Ironwolf1974 said:
PS Nothing happens, just my salt disappears.

Regarding this... that's the thing.

I think I can get it to work right away as I start a new character.  Well... at least get the new troops.  But I know once you get the one popular gem that everyone has talked about, I believe it no longer works.  I'm not sure if there's an 'action cut-off' where the Salt no longer works, well.. more like a time frame but it works for me if I do it right away.

NOTE:  SD may remove this because according to the people in the thread.  It's not supposed to work anymore completely from the sounds of it.  :X

IIRC after patch 2.01 the loophole in which you could get several gems with the salt thing was fixed and in the 2.03 they further changed it so that all you get now are 5 noldor troops.

That easter egg,is more like a bloody widespread pandemic that is badly spoiled and gets smothered over time.It should be removed from the game to be forsaken in a dusty corner,imo.

People should not be asking nor answering about easter eggs on public forums on public threads.
Simply because then,the easter egg is more of a cheat when it is widely known and spoken about and abused by every single player.

Also,people who want to find out their own easter eggs,coming to check the forums out and on accident reading about some easter eggs,now that will surely ruin the fun for them.

Also,yes,after 2.03,all you get now is a pack of noldor troops.

The point being,don't spoil easter eggs.The more they're known,the less they're special,the less they're themselves,and the more likely they will lose purpose and be removed.

~Ãbyss

And don´t forget to add there, once you got rid of your salt, the training fields will get rid of you and dissapear. And if you´re one with low companions or no training skill at all, they are your friend to level up packs of recruits to something usable fast. People often hugely underestimate the training field.

Noosers, the reason people underestimate the training field is because the people smart enough to use the training field having the trainer skill and visaversa, no?

Not necessarily - and you can end up with 10 skirmishers eating those Vanskerries for lunch within your first 2 days in Pendor. Via Training Fields - otherwise not possible. They are the way to a really fast and successful (loot!) start into your Pendorian Career.

right, but my point is the kind of person who would figure out to do that, is the same kind of person who is gonna have a high trainer skill pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom