dwarf fortress tileset

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnach

Regular
Hi i was wondering what people thought was the best tileset because i have been searching for one but havent found a good one because A:the window doesnt fit my screen for some reason when i use the tileset and B: i havent found one that doesnt just have stupid letters for the creatures and such. thanks in advance.

:roll: He's asking for something that can help him distinguish everything better. Dwarf Fortress's learning curve is so steep that even the help provided by a graphic set is already of great value. Dwarf Fortress is awesome though so the learning curve is justified by the enjoyment derived from playing.

ASCII elitists amuse me.

How does using a tileset stop him from learning the game? It's still the same game, only prettier.

People should get angry at copycats of Dwarf Fortress, like minecraft. Well, not even with this, it's pointless in fact, sooner or later this would happen anyway.

who wants to play a game where you cant tell the difference between grass and trees. you might as well stare at a blank piece of paper and pretend like your killing a dragon.

Arnach said:
who wants to play a game where you cant tell the difference between grass and trees. you might as well stare at a blank piece of paper and pretend like your killing a dragon.

There is a clearly difference between grass and trees even with ASCII tiles. The problem usually happens with animals (a gray E could be an elf or an elephant, for example).

The rest of your argument is just stupid and I will refrain from comment it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom