Europe 1200 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Adrale said:
So Kingdom of Norway faction has been destroyed (yes I received the notification), also the Welsh but I'm not really interested in them. Does anyone know how to find these lords now? Do they eventually join another faction?

Why would you need to find them? I have no idea as to where they would be, I'm just curious as to the reason.

Well you could try to get them on your side. But there is this thing happening in E1200 where they vanish forever... I guess they are just retireing. (Honestly - it's another building site).

Prime624 said:
Adrale said:
So Kingdom of Norway faction has been destroyed (yes I received the notification), also the Welsh but I'm not really interested in them. Does anyone know how to find these lords now? Do they eventually join another faction?

Why would you need to find them? I have no idea as to where they would be, I'm just curious as to the reason.

It's just the way I play. I don't like giving Norwegian settlements to Lords from Spain or vice versa. Since I was instrumental in their destruction and currently hold most of Norways former castles I would like to give them to Norwegian Lords if I can convince them to join me (or find them for that matter). But it gets worse. I also don't like splitting lands up, like giving a castle to one Lord and it's village to another (unless it is his son or possibly a younger brother). It makes the game a lot more challenging but provides me with the organization without which I would claw my eyes out or jump off my own balcony. Everything is in order.

Well I have started a new game. I think I'm going to deviate from my normal style of play until some more kinks get ironed out on this mod, which should be fun. So I actually have a new question. Since I can't trade for the fiefs I want or recruit all the exact lords I want, I was thinking I would just conquer a certain section of land like a city, 3 castles and all their villages. They would all be mine and then I would join an existing faction. I've never tried it before so does anyone know if that would be possible? It seems like I remember something about a max renown where a king would no longer be comfortable accepting you as a vassal. If I can do it this way I don't even have to bother about Lords or any of the diplomacy stuff. I also won't have to engage in any of the ass licking where I go talk to my King after I win a battle so he can pat me on the head to raise our relation. I won't need anything from him.

Is there a way to request a recently conquered castle from your king? I remeber in Native with Diplacy, the King would take a few days to decide who gets the recently taken castle, in which you could persuade other lords to vouch for you receiving it. I don't know if that was added in Diplacy or not, but it was nice to be able to have a say. Is there any way to influence it in this mod besides having a really high relationship with the king?

Also, when is a faction destroyed? The Rhodopes have no more land and their only two lords are my prisoners. Do I have to release them for them to be officially gone? Will they offer ransom?

It is possible to talk to your king in E1200 and ask for a fief. As long as it is not given to another lord of course. And you can persuade other lords to support you. As well as you can support other lords. Best places to do so are feasts. Forgot about how it was in vanilla by default as I haven't played it for ages.

The conquered castles are always immediately given to a lord. There is no chance for me to ask for a fief (I already have one village btw). The last castle was sieged by a captain, but immediately after, it was owned by a different lord. Is this a bug?

Is that different lord a former enemy and the castle was his last stronghold? If so, you're playing with Manpower On - when an enemy lord loses his last town/castle, he joins the faction that defeated him and keeps his town/castle. This is particularly useful for small factions, who can thus get more lords than they start out with.

NikeBG said:
Is that different lord a former enemy and the castle was his last stronghold? If so, you're playing with Manpower On - when an enemy lord loses his last town/castle, he joins the faction that defeated him and keeps his town/castle. This is particularly useful for small factions, who can thus get more lords than they start out with.

Ohhhh... It was his last piece of land, so now he's a vassal of my king. That's make sense thanks.

He is my prisoner. Will he still offer me ransom? It was also his kingdom's last piece of land, and now, the king, landless and vassal-less is also my prisoner. Will he offer ransom?

Here is a question. Is there a way to get faction leaders to marry their sisters and daughters off to me? I managed to found my own faction and now control pretty much all of France and the HRE and yet they all just keep saying the regular warband "If you don't mind as a king I have other plans for my children." message.

PPQ_Purple said:
Here is a question. Is there a way to get faction leaders to marry their sisters and daughters off to me? I managed to found my own faction and now control pretty much all of France and the HRE and yet they all just keep saying the regular warband "If you don't mind as a king I have other plans for my children." message.
Well yes you have to get good relations with their fathers 1st by doing jobs for them.  You
should also dedicate some tourneys to the ladies your after.  Then
the dialog options will change for you. 

How would you expect them to marry off their children if they don't know you that well?

He means marrying kings children which, as all we know, can not be in vanilla. I never saw that happen in any other mod i've played so far. So I don't think this is possible. Maybe Subitai who is a real tweaks wizard can help...... :wink:

Jason L. said:
He means marrying kings children which, as all we know, can not be in vanilla. I never saw that happen in any other mod i've played so far. So I don't think this is possible. Maybe Subitai who is a real tweaks wizard can help...... :wink:
Yes, I mean the children of kings and such. In vanilla they newer have any children but here they do. So I figured that if there was a way you'd know it.

PPQ_Purple said:
Jason L. said:
Yes, I mean the children of kings and such. In vanilla they newer have any children but here they do. So I figured that if there was a way you'd know it.
Actually I have married the princess of Portugal twice, as in the kings daughter (I was not their vassal btw).  Also it is a known bug or should I say disadvantage that there are less females to marry or find in the Holy Roman Empire region. I'm pretty sure I've read that as a complaint in an earlier post on this forum a while back. 

You just have to look elsewhere or in other countries to find other girls to marry.

The princess of Portugal eh? I'll have to look her up. I've been trying to hit on the Serbian princess. I think she is the kings sister or something. But he just goes "if you don't mind I have other plans for my children." I had some points with her from random tournament dedications so I was like "why not?".

Right now though I just want a bride befitting my status as the King of Belgium. Don't ask...

PPQ_Purple said:
The princess of Portugal eh? I'll have to look her up. I've been trying to hit on the Serbian princess. I think she is the kings sister or something. But he just goes "if you don't mind I have other plans for my children." I had some points with her from random tournament dedications so I was like "why not?".

Right now though I just want a bride befitting my status as the King of Belgium. Don't ask...
okay so in that example you have some relations with the daughter, so what you have to do now is build up some relations with her father and then your transition will be easier.

Btw, as a general rule you want to have at least 20 relation with a
girl prior to asking for marriage.    For the dad's,  u really only need about 10-15
if you're not dishonorable...then u can ask permission to see her.  Mabe even less if you're well liked.

Other info:
From what I've read about E1200, the earliest countries to be fleshed out in the mods beginning versions also got the more thorough "maidens" eligible for marriage.

-So Britania, France, Spain and Almohads for sure have daughters and sisters galore.  The more you go East though...I think adding women  in subsequent later versions were less a priority. 

- I think that Poland has a few daughters...one of them not a bad looker either.  :wink:

The women also have random personalities...which will effect  how well your poetry recitals will enchant them.  Some women will be gentle, others will be wild and like to ride and hunt.  Some will be basically gold diggers looking for status and power.  So that's why I never really liked the poetry system too much.  IMO, it's really only good for about 7 pts of relation + or - a couple points here or there.

Lastly there's a type of girl that will rebel against her family and ELOPE with you!  That is the easiest type to get married to because you can do it on the sly without her fathers consent.  You can find out which girl is which type by talking to the "minstrel / troubadour" type guys in the taverns that are usually hosting a feast

Edit...I just remembered in another test version when I was flushing out some tweaks that I eloped with a daughter from the ruler of Genoa.  So mabe Itally has some ladies of interest. 

I haven't posted it yet but I KNOW it works...I have a Tweak to make it easier if you want it: Tweak the relation increase for visiting a lady and dedicating her a victory

With this tweak you could change the relation increase to like 10 or so and you'd have that girl loving you in no time. 

Let me know if you want me to post it.  I had put up the possibility for that and a bunch of others (in my Tweak thread) but nobody really seems interested in them...other than NikeBG :smile:

PPQ_Purple said:
Jason L. said:

Ya you can marry any of the kings daughters in E1200 if you manage to get decent relations with them correctly. 

For example,  I had posted pictures of Princess Sancha de Portugal in the change "Wife's Equipment Tweak"

mb5-1.jpg

mb6-1.jpg

I do not think you understand what I am talking about. I do not have problem courting ladies or finding ladies to court. That's as easy as it is in regular warband. My problem is that when talking to faction leaders (as in kings) they will not give me permission to begin courting them in the first place.

I just CTRL-hopped through the entire map asking every single king, some of whom I have as much as 40 relationship with (I took a really long time to set up my own kingdom). I click the "Is there any way to make a permanent alliance with your house" option and they all just give me the generic warband message: "I hope you don't mind X but as I king I have other plans for my children."

This happens regardless of if the king in question has any sisters and daughters or not. And it is the default vanilla behavior.

PPQ_Purple said:
I do not think you understand what I am talking about. I do not have problem courting ladies or finding ladies to court. That's as easy as it is in regular warband. My problem is that when talking to faction leaders (as in kings) they will not give me permission to begin courting them in the first place.

I just CTRL-hopped through the entire map asking every single king, some of whom I have as much as 40 relationship with (I took a really long time to set up my own kingdom). I click the "Is there any way to make a permanent alliance with your house" option and they all just give me the generic warband message: "I hope you don't mind X but as I king I have other plans for my children."

This happens regardless of if the king in question has any sisters and daughters or not. And it is the default vanilla behavior.

I don't know exactly why it's doing that for you bro.    Ok...so all I can offer is how I did it.  Perhaps it's the order of things????

1) I attend a (town feast) tourney as early as possible.  As in, the beginning of it because that's the best way to find the women in the 1st place.  In E1200 for the bigger factions, once allot of the lords show up there's no room in the halls for their daughters.  So the girls disappear in favor of the men whence the hall fills up.

2) I win a tourney and dedicate the win to any girl i'm interested in 1st.  This gets the courtship process rolling.  It's only after this that I visit the father and get better relations with him by doing jobs. 

It's also a good idea to get good relations with as many Wives of Lords as possible.  So that later when you have your own kingdom and one of those lords joins you...you can use their wives to send gifts to other vassals and keep good relations with them.  This is a critical step because if you don't get positive relations with a lords wife prior to becoming your own king...you won't be able to afterwards.  That's really important because the gift giving system is one of the best ways to micro manage your vassals morale whilst owning your own kingdom

3) As per what I said earlier, after he likes me then I ask permission. 

All I can say it's that's the order in which I usually do it and it works for me.  I did it this way with at least 2 Kings daughters without being a vassal.
============================================================
When I did it with the Genoa king...I courted his daughter even without permission.  I just got lucky and  met her early during a tourney.  Also, early on I had rec'd some negative relations with her for saying i'm her "Admirer " too early(without attempting to get dads permission).  After that, I just kept messing with her and giving dedications.  Eventually I wore her down.   
I then approached her dad and he refused.  But still the script for me having to visit his daughter was still active.  I just kept doing the poetry recitals and visiting until I had 20 relations.  Then when I asked for marriage, she agreed to Elope with me.

I would suggest trying to be bold and telling any girl your interested in that you want to be "Her Admirer".  Even if you don't have the kings permission, you'll trigger that script and mabe you can work around any negatives.  I'm fairly certain, it can be done that way.    The key is finding them early and making sure they KNOW of you.  Once that script gets triggered then you have a better chance convincing their dads.  :cool:

Alternate idea:  Mabe certain kings have different personalities and you do have to be a vassal to have any chance....at least in the early stages of courtship and then you can just quit their kingdom once you have married their daughter.   

Best to you, Subitai

P.S.  I definitely think that triggering the script is the way to go.  I was thinking about in hindsight...I think if you have triggered the " Admirer " script.  Even if it doesn't work out in a positive way at 1st, the option to "attempt to visit" that girl will still be there.    This is an advantage because normally you'd only get to see those girls during a feast.  But post script activation, you can also find them where they live in their castles or towns.

Ya...that's gotta be the way to go for you now.  You gotta get yourself in a situation where you can tell a princess that your her "most ardent admirer" ...and trigger the script.  My best guess at this point.

Back
Top Bottom