Europe 1200 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm ****ing tired of this.

Stop spamming my PM box with this matter. I already made a decision months and months ago. For now, the Russian factions will be implemented following the 'realpolitik' suggestion. It may be changed in the future, I don't know, we'll have to analyze each case in deep and reach a consensus regarding each matter. I've already explained a thousand times there's no way to "realistically" reflect how many things worked with Warband's engine, it's simply not possible. Croatia was not part of the Kingdom of Hungary, it was simply ruled by the same guy (a personal union, something that can be depicted in Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis but not here). Poland was also far from being a unified faction as we have it, and don't even get me started regarding the HRE. We're forced to simplify things. I don't like it but there's little choice.

In the future, once we have completed the map, maybe several things will be changed. As for now, Vladimir-Suzdal will include both Novgorod and Ryazan, and that's it.

Korinov said:
I'm ******** tired of this.

Stop spamming my PM box with this matter. I already made a decision months and months ago. For now, the Russian factions will be implemented following the 'realpolitik' suggestion. It may be changed in the future, I don't know, we'll have to analyze each case in deep and reach a consensus regarding each matter. I've already explained a thousand times there's no way to "realistically" reflect how many things worked with Warband's engine, it's simply not possible. Croatia was not part of the Kingdom of Hungary, it was simply ruled by the same guy (a personal union, something that can be depicted in Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis but not here). Poland was also far from being a unified faction as we have it, and don't even get me started regarding the HRE. We're forced to simplify things. I don't like it but there's little choice.

In the future, once we have completed the map, maybe several things will be changed. As for now, Vladimir-Suzdal will include both Novgorod and Ryazan, and that's it.

This is your mod and your right. I'm sorry you made ​​this decision. More I will not bother you.

Regards

Is every one on holiday?????????????
I ask this because, there is no reaction bean this week and the week before.

i keep following this side because i love the Game.
So goodluck and many thanks

Your question on the previous page has been answered 12 minutes after you posted it. I don't know what further response you might expect.
Also - yes, Korinov is on holiday, lying on the beach, drinking coconut-juice and cleaning the hot sand from the backs of pretty, half-naked girls. Either that or he's searching for WMDs in Syria, fighting the bear-cavalry and panda-infantry guarding them (while still occasionally drinking some coconut-juice, of course). :razz:

There's been so many versions of Warband released over the past year from 1.143 all the way to 1.158.

Out of all the versions, which one would you consider to be the most "stable" to play v0.22 on?

Hidole555 said:
There's been so many versions of Warband released over the past year from 1.143 all the way to 1.158.

Out of all the versions, which one would you consider to be the most "stable" to play v0.22 on?
Hard to tell as most of the latest updates have been quite minor things. I'd always recommend to use the latest one available though, although I can confirm right now that it also works on 1.153 (it's the one I have in this computer).

Hello can some1 help me? i tried 2-3 times to install Europe 1200 mode but i get this error when i try to enter in game :sad: but i can't post it because i am not a old member of forum,can i send a PM to some1 or something who can help me?

andrey14 said:
Hello can some1 help me? i tried 2-3 times to install Europe 1200 mode but i get this error when i try to enter in game :sad: but i can't post it because i am not a old member of forum,can i send a PM to some1 or something who can help me?
Nobody can really help you if you do not give a screenshot of the error or copy or write it's contents here.

Make sure you have Warband 1.153 or higher. If you have problems running the mod your memory might be too low. In that case check the first page of the bug reports thread.

troll Q : next version ETA???? ( dont take seriously)

a little bit smaller troll Q : next countries to be implemented???

still a troll question: what will next version bring ( fixing or something major [country])

serious questions now:  what version is the latest version compatible with??

king of europe said:
serious questions now:  what version is the latest version compatible with??

That might also be considered a troll question since they just finished telling me and andrey14 in the posts above that it was Warband v1.153 (or higher)

I've grown a tad curious about the origin of some of the banners ingame.

Namely these two:
datbanner.png

I suspect they're French but I can't quite put my finger on it.
What area of Europe do these banners come from?

Hidole555 said:
I've grown a tad curious about the origin of some of the banners ingame.

Namely these two:
datbanner.png

I suspect they're French but I can't quite put my finger on it.
What area of Europe do these banners come from?
I don't know where those exactly come from. I think Cesar made those two. But the charge is called carbuncle or escarbuncle. The shape derivates from the shield braces. It was used in France as well as in the German and Spanish parts of Europe.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Escarbuncles_in_heraldry

king of europe said:
a little bit smaller troll Q : next countries to be implemented???
Previous page (edit:pre-previous in this case): :wink:
Korinov said:
I'm already doing some research for the Ayyubid Sultanate (or to be more precise, the three different Emirates in which it had been divided by the beginning of 1200).

But yeah, you're mostly correct, next release will cover the baltic factions plus the two remaining russian ones (I'd love to finish it and release it by the end of this week as I'll be going into vacation for 10 days in Friday). Following one will deal with Cumans and Bizantines at least (probably seljuks and the minor factions of the aegean sea too, but we'll see about that).

What about sending your own trade caravans? Is it possible in latest release? Because I do not see this option anywhere (Guild master, tavern keeper etc) and it seems that manual trade is broken - I overheard at marketplace that by buying grain in London and selling it at Bremen I'll make nice profit, so (because there's no option to send trade caravan that I can see) I manually bought grain for 7 per item but in Bremen I was able to sell it only for 10 per item (first ones) to 6 per item (last ones). Not the best profit out there I say. 

And trade should be a good way to gather wealth IMO.

Well I guess the profit rates change from time to time, so maybe in the time you used to get from London to Bremen the rates changed. I'd appreciate more testing on the matter, to be honest  :wink:

Hmm... well, maybe that's the reason. Ok, I'll do more such transactions soon.

EDIT: I did three new such trade "trips" and two of them worked as intended (I made really nice profit from buying items in one city and then selling in another for much higher price, as suggested in marketplace) while third gave me profit, but smaller than hinted at marketplace. So it seems it indeed works like it should. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that in my first "case" (previous post) city changed ownership after I bought items and before I managed to sell it, so maybe this event changed prices. And this is the only disadvantage of this huge map - getting from one place to another takes sometimes a lot of time! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom