Europe 1200 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruger

Just in case. If a question get asked enough, I'll put it up here.

What is Europe 1200?
Europe 1200 is a mod, for M&B, that is currently in the beta stage for M&B Warband. Our final goal for Warband is to be the biggest historical mod ever to be made for M&B. You can read much more about it in the stickies in this subforum.

When will the Next Patch be Out?
We don't know, so don't ask. It just pisses us off.

Why are their gabs between factions in Warband?
Because it is a beta. The gaps will be filled out soon enough, just hang on for a little while :smile:

My game freezes when I start a new game, what to do?
Wait, your game doesn't freeze, but since this mod is one of the biggest around, it takes more time to start.

I get crashes, what to do?
Check the first post in the Bugreports thread. That's it.

Is x sound/graphic mod compatible with Europe 1200?
We don't know, go test yourself to find out.

I have bad perfomance on the campain map, what can I do?
Adjust the AI calculation in the camp menu under "change game settings"

Will my country be added to this mod?
Yes. If it's in Europe.

Will Diplomacy be added?
Quite possibly, when we have more progress in finishing some of this mods unique features.

How do I install this mod?

You do first of all need an "extraction program". I recommend WinRar (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm). When you have it, right click on the Europe 1200 file and press "extract". When the extraction is done place the folder "Europe 1200" in your Modules folder, which can be found within the Mount&Blade/Mount&Blade Warband folder.. Then you simply just start Mount&Blade, then click on the menu saying "Native" and then select "Europe 1200" instead.

I'm getting some RGL errors that crashes the game while I'm in battle, what do i do?
Go into options and turn down the number of corpses, simple as that.

Will you make more Europe 1200 for normal M&B, or only Warband?
Warband only.

You should add that bridges can't be impletemented in the mod and give a small reason why as it seems to come up a lot.

Q: Are there any possisbilities for a future inclusion of the Ayyubid empire and the kingdom of jerusalem? (even if it only held Acre)

John.Kjeken said:
Q: Are there any possisbilities for a future inclusion of the Ayyubid empire and the kingdom of jerusalem? (even if it only held Acre)

I'm not sure that Ayyubid empire has been considered but having googled them its a good call. The could well be added in some way when Cruger gets round to sorting out Africa and the Middle East. He has said that at the moment there are no plans to include Jerusalem but it could be included in the future.

John.Kjeken said:

Cruger said:
Will my country be added to this mod?
Maybe, maybe not.. If your country had influence in year 1200 it might be, sadly there is an item limit on 915 their makes it impossible to create all factions..

Can you give a brief description about the feature of how a player kingdom is created in the mod and how lords are recruited?

I have select the colture,but my lords was't spawn with army,and there are a recruit in villages.Will my lord build his army or i must give to him?

essi2 said:
Will all the other kingdoms loose their collective **** when you create your own kingdom? (like in Lords and Realms)

Kingdom management atm is broken, and doesn't seem to be working quite like intended, basicly its like taking a castle or town in native, but you can recruit lords and the other kingdoms might offer you peace.

However the lords you get are rather useless, their recruitment scripts aren't working fully yet and you can't offer peace to anyone yourself etc.

I got my fingers crossed it'll be fixed in the next patch, because this mod rocks hard.

Want peace with the faction you "got" the castle from?

tommylaw said:
for those who wish to make peace with kingdoms when they're rebel, here it is

look for this in conversation.txt:

dlga_lord_ask_pardon:lord_pretalk.1 4095 231  7 2133 2 1224979098644774912 0 6 3 1224979098644774913 648518346341351443 648518346341351591 2204 2 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774913 31 2 1224979098644774914 432345564227567629 2133 2 1224979098644774912 1 3 0 31 2 1224979098644774912 1 {playername},_you_are_a_{lord/lady}_without_a_master,_holding_lands_in_your_name,_without_having_allegience_to_any_kingdom._As_long_as_that_continues,_no_king_in_Calradia_would_accept_a_lasting_peace_with_you.  160  0

and paste this over it (overwriting the above with this):

dlga_lord_ask_pardon:lord_pretalk.1 69631 232  2 2149 2 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 30 2 1224979098644774912 72057594037927952 I_wish_to_make_peace_with_{s4}.  231  0

this will allow you to buy out of war with enemy factions even if you're a rebel kingdom

note there will be error messages in red on the left hand side of the screen but it does work, pay them no mind

When you start a new game select your culture then the recruited lords should have about 25 troops. If not load and select your culture before you recruit a lord. This worked fine for me.

Before recruiting a new lord you should farm as many low tier units as possible (let your other troops stationed in a castle). Then recruit a new lord. Tell him to go somewhere after he is outside give him all the low tier troops. You can do this a few times if you want. The mass of troops will protect him and enemy lords won't attack him if he has much more troops then they have. Also he soul dbe able now to win some battles, even when the enemy has some high tier troops :wink:

Hi, I was just reading what you said about Kingdom management. But I have a couple of questions;

Ever since I have been able to recruit lords, I noticed that they never recruit troops on their own and they just seem to wander around endlessly. Can this be fixed when I pick a Fraction culture? Somewhat like you were explaining?

Also, are their troops able to level up? Also, unless I am at war with another Fraction, will they attack bandits?

You need to pick a culture before they get recruits, yes..

and also yes to your other questions

Cruger said:
You need to pick a culture before they get recruits, yes..

and also yes to your other questions

I know, and I always do at the start of the game, it doesn't seem to help.

It seems very random to me tbh, with a leaning towards not working at all unless you give them recruits yourself.

reposting this one feel like it was in the wrong spot

i was wondering when starting your own kingdom instead of picking a culture and copy another faction troops tree can you make a simple basic well balance that doesn't belong to no one for example or something from MTW:2 just an example.

--->      Spearman            --->    Pikeman or Billman
                                                                                      (spears and/or wooded shield)                (pike or bill)

Recruit                                  --->              Footman        --->      Infantry              --->      Knight
(pitch forks or flacon or blunt weapon) (sword and/or wooded shield) (sword and shield)  (2hand or 1hand sword and shield)

--->      Archer                --->      Crossbow or Long bow
                                                                                            (bow and arrows/knife)              (crossbow/longbow and sword)

--->            Light calvary    --->      Mailed calvary      --->      Mounted Knight
                                            (sword/spear and/or wooded shield) (sword/spear and/or shield) (2hand or 1hand sword/spear/shield)

just an idea that i would like to see

There is no need to post the same thing 2 places.. And this dosn't really belong to an FAQ I belive..

Anways, custom cultures for the player faction is probadly going to have to wait for a while.. Getting kingdom management to work proberdly would be the first priority..

hi ive my one kingdom (byzant) with one lord and one city. but the lord is in the city and doesnt move. if i give him order, he sais that he cant do this...whats my mistake?

Back
Top Bottom