Weapon proficiencies go 900 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

sanjak

Veteran
Hello. I just downloaded the mod today and it's brilliant.

At first I did the tutorial just for fun and notice that I could swing weapon damn too fast.  :shock:

Then I went for the new game. IRCC, I selected: thief > street urchin > smith > personal revenge. I got 900 proficiency for 1-h, 2-h, Polearm, Bow. (But Crossbow and Throwing are at 10 as usual).

So, is there anything wrong? I unpack the mod, RCM add-on, and Overpopulation add-on respectively.

Thank you.  :smile:

Edit: My companions also have 900+ in EVERY weapons (including Crossbow and Throwing wepons)

sanjak said:

At first I did the tutorial just for fun and notice that I could swing weapon damn too fast.  :shock:

Then I went for the new game. IRCC, I selected: thief > street urchin > smith > personal revenge. I got 900 proficiency for 1-h, 2-h, Polearm, Bow. (But Crossbow and Throwing are at 10 as usual).

So, is there anything wrong? I unpack the mod, RCM add-on, and Overpopulation add-on respectively.

Edit: My companions also have 900+ in EVERY weapons (including Crossbow and Throwing wepons)

There is something wrong definitely. But since you have add ons I can't help you.

NICK.ALTMAN said:
sanjak said:

There is something wrong definitely. But since you have add ons I can't help you.

Thank you. I also wished it to be wrong too, otherwise 900 proficiencies won't make the game challenging anymore.  :grin:

That would be the Overpopulation add-on. No it does not make the game too easy, it's to help you survive. Even with cheats, you can't survive battle, that's why I made the decision to add 900 weapon proficiencies. The numbers are too large and your enemies are all higher levels than you. Therefore you need these kind of proficiencies.

Earl of Swadia said:
That would be the Overpopulation add-on. No it does not make the game too easy, it's to help you survive. Even with cheats, you can't survive battle, that's why I made the decision to add 900 weapon proficiencies. The numbers are too large and your enemies are all higher levels than you. Therefore you need these kind of proficiencies.

The reason I don't use overpopulation :smile:

Earl of Swadia said:

No, it's interesting. I didn't mean to say it's too easy. But I love to see my character advances in the proficiencies. And I agree I can't survive battles even with those 900s and fast level up system. I like the idea. But 900 right away at the beginning is just unchallenging.  :grin:

Ackwell said:
Earl of Swadia said:

Sadly,second that.

~Ãbyss

I can easily remove the 900 weapon proficiency if the majority wish. However, a word of warning, it will take a very long time (months) to reach even a 500 proficiency and difficulty levels will soar immensly; to repeat, you're up against really strong opponents. It makes Lords and Realms a hundred times harder. But if people want it, I'll give it to them. I agree, it is quite a challenge :grin: (I added the proficiencies because I thought most people wouldn't be able to survive and would be sick of being slower than the AI)

Ackwell said:
Earl of Swadia said:

Are you talking about the numbers or the levels. With the proficiencies you should be able to match your higher level opponents; just use your men to help you. Don't charge crazily into battle, that tactic doesn't work. As for the numbers, you can build up your own powerful armies, that's part of the challege and aim of Overpopulation: to encourage you to be more selective in your party management.

Honestly I'm not going to try the overpopulation mod for it just yet. It seems interesting with much larger battles which is always fun since my comp can handle some fairly huge fights, but I like building up my hero and army. Earning the stuff along the way is all part of the fun in my opinion. If I wanted things like 900 weapons proficiencies and good gear when I started I'd just cheat.

Kinsume said:
Honestly I'm not going to try the overpopulation mod for it just yet. It seems interesting with much larger battles which is always fun since my comp can handle some fairly huge fights, but I like building up my hero and army. Earning the stuff along the way is all part of the fun in my opinion. If I wanted things like 900 weapons proficiencies and good gear when I started I'd just cheat.

Anyone else with a similar opinion? I've added a poll to the Overpopulation thread. Please vote and I'll change the proficiencies for the next version of Overpopulation. :grin: The poll ends in 2 weeks.

Earl of Swadia said:
Kinsume said:

Anyone else with a similar opinion? I've added a poll to the Overpopulation thread. Please vote and I'll change the proficiencies for the next version of Overpopulation. :grin: The poll ends in 2 weeks.
Either you make it smaller or OVER 9000!
sorry, I was surfing 4chan...

Back
Top Bottom