Author Topic: Arch3r OS: Bridge Battles  (Read 30178 times)

Arch3r

• Count
  • >:I
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: CoR_Arch3r
  • M&BWBNW
Arch3r OS: Bridge Battles
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
What does this do: Originally made for 1.011, the codes have been unchanged since back than, but the codes itself do still work with Warband, although the positions of bridges on the world map did change.If you implent this, you and your troops will fight the enemy on a bridge if you were near a bridge on the world map. For infantry it's easier to fight on bridges, since cavalry don't have space to maneuver. You can use this as strategical advantage.

How do I implent it: You need the modulesystem for this, than follow these steps.

1. In module_game_menus look for       ("encounter_attack",[
Than all you have to do is to add the bold stuff from the code in the spoiler into that.
(click to show/hide)
2. Also you need to put these scene objs in the SceneObj folder of your mod.
Link for bridge scenery: http://www.mediafire.com/?5tyn2ymhdzo
3. The final step is to add the text in the spoiler in module_scenes. Just add it on the bottom.
(click to show/hide)
That's all, any questions or mistakes I made, tell me please.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:36:55 PM by Arch3r »

Slenderpeasants,
the evil minions of the Bonerlords

bjorne.

• Sergeant Knight
  • I'm a nerd... deal with it..
    • View Profile
    • Age of Blackpowder - Realm of Revolution
  • Faction: Swadian
Re: Open Source: Bridge Battles
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
holy mackerel batman!  :shock:

EDIT: This is awesome news. I wonder if it will fit into my mod...
wich kind of brigdes are there. is it only stone ones?... no wait. I'll go and check myself

EDIT2: Oh there were only .sco files. Shoot. Well.. then tell me. What kind of brigdes are there?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:59:36 AM by bjorne. »

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
holy mackerel batman!  :shock:
:lol:

Anyways here's a screenshot:
(click to show/hide)

Slenderpeasants,

bjorne.

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »
wich kind of brigdes are there. is it only stone ones?... no wait. I'll go and check myself

EDIT2: Oh there were only .sco files. Shoot. Well.. then tell me. What kind of brigdes are there?

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

Hm didn't notice these edits, anyways I just used the Native bridge models and scale them a bit. I used wooden bridges for the wooden bridges on the map and stone ones too. Bridges at vaegir territory also are in a snowy scene. But yes there are different kind of bridges. I might add custom models when I have time.

Slenderpeasants,

bjorne.

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »
Oh don't worry. I made them when you allready posted. Mybad.. But that's great news.. I am so gonna add this to my mod...

I can allready see my regulars stand on one side of the brigde and firing while my enemys charge my sea of bullets.

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
Hehe, I think a line of gunmen in front of a bridge will be devastating :).

Slenderpeasants,

amade

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Own up and take it like a man
    • View Profile
    • Studio Wossname
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
Since there's a bridge, shouldn't there be a road/dirt path as well? Great stuff you have here.

Don't you just love herding cattle?
*end.transmission - Studio Wossname*
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »
Since there's a bridge, shouldn't there be a road/dirt path as well? Great stuff you have here.
Hm good idea...I'll update it later, probally going to add some custom models to it. Don't have time for that now though, that and my PC is broken :<.

Slenderpeasants,

Astor

• Knight at Arms
  • White as Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »
This looks great!

Qwertyman

• Sergeant Knight
  • Disgruntled Peasant, at your service.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: CoR_Disgruntled_Peasant
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »
Thats great! ive allways wanted stuff like this!  now is it possible to have battles on the roads (not much gameplay change, but it would be good for effect) or have mountain-pass battles,  or even coastal battles?
The previous system was rape, but this is consensual. ;)
Well, considering that the filter is on by default, it's more like a guy feeling you up on a crowded bus. If you go and take the initiative to knee him in the junk, he stops, but if you don't he just keeps on molesting. :P

Anyway, thanks Janus!

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 12:03:26 PM »
Thats great! ive allways wanted stuff like this!  now is it possible to have battles on the roads (not much gameplay change, but it would be good for effect) or have mountain-pass battles,  or even coastal battles?
Yes, yes and yes. Just need to add some landmarks, these can invisible. I used a script to calculate the distance between the land mark (in this case the bridge) and the main party. If the party is close enough, the battle is on the bridge. Avarice of the Exiled will have mountain pass battles too, maybe even ambushes.

Slenderpeasants,

bjorne.

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »
Yes, yes and yes. Just need to add some landmarks, these can invisible. I used a script to calculate the distance between the land mark (in this case the bridge) and the main party. If the party is close enough, the battle is on the bridge. Avarice of the Exiled will have mountain pass battles too, maybe even ambushes.
Holy mother of god!...
but you who is such a good guy at this. Do you know how to add a collision mesh to a object?

Astor

• Knight at Arms
  • White as Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
I think i've done something wrong in adding it to the game - I stand on a bridge, and get attacked by a party, but when I select 'Charge the Enemy' nothing happens - It shows the renown and advantage information, but no fight loads - the only way to exit is by clicking 'Surrender'.

Has anyone got any ideas what i've done wrong?

fisheye

• Back in Black
  • Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 12:41:08 PM »
Win! Ten thumbs up!

More people should modularise their simple features like this. Prevents the whole repetition of effort thing.