Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Berpol

Grandmaster Knight
Custom Settlement City Add-On
Liquidninja already made the announcement and here it is. I put all submitted settlements together, learned a bit about working with the module system and created this add-on. It only works together with the mod Custom Settlements and the required OSP Add-On. These settlements will be included in the next update of the mod, this is only a way to make them available earlier.
Currently new empty settlements are named like "Empty 50", I hope we get fewer questions on why a settlement is empty that way. The settlement number is also easier to find.

The newest version adds 3 settlements to 0.675
Warning: This only works with version 0.675, not with 0.67 - the older versions of the Add-On were removed.
In the files above there is an error with Whitecreek, you can find a file to fix it here. The fix is save game compatible.

Warning:
This add-on is not save game compatible. If you want to still use your old game you should either not install this add-on or use two copies of the module.

You can use part of the current add-on so it is save game compatible.
If you only copy scenes.txt and the folder SceneObj you can see the new settlements in already existing games, they appear under their old name though.

Description:
The files included are a collection of all settlements and heroes submitted and checked since the last version of the module (currently 0.675). These settlements overwrite an existing empty settlement (Empt###).
With the release of a new version of the module by wickedshot these settlements should all be included in the full module files. Version numbers of the add-on show the module version that is added to (like 0.675) and the number of settlements (like +6) that are added. Newer add-ons include the files of older add-ons for the same module version. Newer add-ons for newer versions only include the files that are not already part of the full module.

Instructions:
After the extraction you should have a folder with the usual txt files and two extras - this instruction and scenes_all.txt - and three sub folders - ModuleSystem, SceneObj and SceneObj_All.

Simply drag or copy these files into your directory of the Custom Settlements Module (like C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Custom Settlements 0.67) to overwrite and add to the existing files. Agree to replace all and you can start playing.

File Description:
  • Installation of City Add-on.txt - Installation description, most of what is posted here
  • scenes_all.txt - If you don't like empty settlements rename it to scenes.txt, rename of remove the old file with that name.
  • Folder ModuleSystem - This contains the python files for modding purposes, if you are a regular user you don't need these.
  • Folder SceneObj - This contains the files for the single scenes, these add or overwrite existing files, copy it.
  • folder SceneObj_All - This contains the files to fill the empty scenes, copy this into the folder SceneObj if you don't like empty settlements.

Version History:

10/14/10 - v0.675+3
- included the files from Manka's patch
- Modified Falconpass (20) so that trees are grounded again and not in the way
- Changed Empty 45 (45) to Kraggenkor (by Berpol)
- Changed Empty 50 (50) to Falheim (by HLM)
- Added files so that all empty settlements look like Kargala
- Added 14 heroes

07/12/09 - v0.675+1
- Older changes are now part of module version 0.675
- Added a door to the castle of Squarodin (3:cool: at e1m2 and e2m2
- Changed Emptauk (29) to Whitecreek (by Berpol)
- Added 10 heroes
- Moved wickedshot's heroes around

06/26/09 - v0.67+13
- Some files replaced with corrected files from Liquidninja.
- Changed Emptio (31) to Steinburg (by Warcat92)
- Changed Empty 44 to Haiburg (by Louis Dumonte) and repositioned it
- Renamed Emptsk Glen (32) to Shiverglen

06/22/09 - v0.67+11
- The files included are the originals from the creators.
- Changed Emptio (8 ) to Comhraidhe (by NCX)
- Changed Emptsk (32) to Emptsk Glen (by GlenSkunk)
- Changed Emptra (33) to Mountainhome (by Mortus)
- Added (36) Hawkrize (by Rize)
- Added (37) Tallglade (by Rize)
- Added (3:cool: Squarodin (by Rize)
- Added (39) Nottburg (by Warcat92)
- Added (40) Morlia (by Warcat92)
- Added (41) Ashfurt (by Berpol)
- Added (42) Zylopus (by Rize)
- Added (43) LuoLan (by HongYan)
- Added another 7 empty settlements with a terrain code but no scenes.
- Relocated old heroes so that at least some of the new settlements have one.

Credits:
wickedshot - for creating this module
Liquidninja - for checking the scenes of others
Manka - for his patch
All the creators of settlement scenes (mentioned in the history)

Full List of Settlements:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Custow (wickedshot)
[*]Ettlesen (wickedshot)
[*]Charfield (wickedshot)
[*]Icengard (wickedshot)
[*]Novagradsk (Chammadai)
[*]Empto (CtrlAltDe1337)
[*]Dantsic (Chammadai)
[*]Comhraidhe (NCX)
[*]Kargala (Achilles_)
[*]Stoneport (wickedshot)
[*]Fulrestin (Koror)
[*]Braemar (Liquidninja)
[*]Ravenspire (Liquidninja)
[*]Emptin (Latas)
[*]Dartmoor (Liquidninja)
[*]Vallauk (Louis Dumonte)
[*]Griffinhill (mukk)
[*]Wodengard (Folthrik)
[*]Emptai (Fei Dao) (Manifold1)
[*]Falconpass (Berpol)
[*]Sturnhill (Deritus)
[*]Volgoransk (CtrlAltDe1337)
[*]Esgaroth (jacob25)
[*]Grenlandsby (Folthrik)
[*]Diavolonia (Diavolo)
[*]Cuijk (Pvt88)
[*]Drunadd (Datver)
[*]Emptsic (Koror)
[*]Whitecreek(Berpol) - in Add-On
[*]Emptoor (Jabrowny) (jacob25)
[*]Steinburg (Warcat92)
[*]Shiverglen (GlenSkunk)
[*]Mountainhome (Mortus)
[*]Empten (Zima)
[*]Emptle (Slots)
[*]Hawkrize (Rize)
[*]Tallglade (Rize)
[*]Squarodin (Rize)
[*]Nottburg (Warcat92)
[*]Morlia (Warcat92)
[*]Ashfurt (Berpol)
[*]Zylopus (Rize)
[*]LuoLan (HongYan)
[*]Haiburg (Louis Dumonte)
[*]Kraggenkor (Berpol) - 0.675 - in Add-On
[*]Empty 46
[*]Empty 47
[*]Empty 48
[*]Empty 49
[*]Falheim (HLM) - 0.675 - in Add-On
[/list]

Things that might happen:
Problem: You enter a settlement with a name beginning with "Empt", you get an error message that the scene does not exist and you spawn outside the map.
Explanation: This settlement had no scenes file so the program does not know where to put you. There is a reason for it to be called Empt(Y).
Solution: Use the scenes_all.txt file and those in the folder SceneObj_All.
          If you already did that see the next problem.

Problem: You enter a settlement with a name not beginning with "Empt", you get an error message that the scene does not exist and you spawn outside the map.
Explanation: The scenes files for this settlement seem to be missing.
Solution: Tell me the name or number (from the error message) of the settlement and I check it out.

Problem: You enter Custow or another settlement better than a camp and the scene you see does not fit/belongs to another settlement.
Explanation: The number of your settlements in scenes.txt and scripts.txt do not match.
Solution 1: If you did not start a new game after installation do so.
Solution 2: If you did start a new game you best reinstall the add-on again and start a new game.
Solution 3: If this does not help tell me the name and upgrade of the settlement you enter and what you see and I check it out.

P.S. If you post a problem always include the version of the Custom Settlements mod and the version of this add-on.

This is easily becoming the coolest looking mod :grin:
I'll finish my current settlement and then download this. I know I'd screw something up if I downloaded this before finishing the settlement

Sounds awesome, although the repository is being a nag right now and it ain't letting me download it. I'll try it in a bit more. Also, do you plan to volunteer these Settlements for the next release (0.68, I think)? 'Cause it would be a tough choice, between more settlements or more features. :mrgreen:

All settlements included in the add-on will (should) be included in the next version of the mod.
Any settlement that is not included will get a space in the first add-on I create based on the new version. I also plan to implement the heroes that are supplied by the users so that new settlements are not bare. I will also include a list of settlements in this post.

I'm working on this together with Liquidninja and wickedshot.
Liquidninja checks the settlements, I create this add-on and wickedshot includes it in his next mod version.

Great work Berpol!

I urge you all to download this terrific add-on if you haven't already, and for those of you who are up for the challenge, to submit your own settlement with its accompanying heroes!

Here are 2 screenshots showcasing the placement of the settlements on the map:

mb27.jpg

mb28.jpg

Thank you.

Rednax reported an error that you can't order peasants to new settlements (36+). I will look into it, as I plan to release the next version in about 24 hours with heroes included I will fix the problem there.

Berpol said:
Thank you.

Rednax reported an error that you can't order peasants to new settlements (36+). I will look into it, as I plan to release the next version in about 24 hours with heroes included I will fix the problem there.

I'll get the rest of the cosmetic edits in a single upload on the file repository so that you can just zip them in before the 24 hours is up (it will be all except those that have custom terrain/are not in the current pack).

Sorry, couldn't wait for Liquidninja
The new version is up now.

Edit: And it seems it's already been downloaded 7 times while I edited the first post.

I had reserved one of the spots to put a Custom Settlement in, I got a new Computer and once i find my PSP charger i can get my Info back and finish my settlement! =)

Hopefully.

Anyhow, i hope it's soon and until then best of luck =D Hope there's space for me when i find it =)

Font said:
I had reserved one of the spots to put a Custom Settlement in, I got a new Computer and once i find my PSP charger i can get my Info back and finish my settlement! =)

Hopefully.

Anyhow, i hope it's soon and until then best of luck =D Hope there's space for me when i find it =)
Wickedshot plans for about 100 settlements, of these about a third is filled so you will find a spot. Should we get more we will just gather these in Custom Settlement 2 (with 100 new settlements) :grin:

P.S. No, that's no joke.

is this included in the actual parent mod (custom settlements) download now or do i have to get this too ?

I will post the next version of the add-on (0.675+3) during the next week. I lied, the new version is up, please contact me if there are problems.
It will contain Falheim (from HLM, former Empty 50) and Kraggenkor (by myself, former Empty 45) and some heroes. It will also include Manka's patch and the files needed to fill all empty settlements.

Ah, you've added my settlement? Well that'st nice to hear.

Would have been nice to have had my heroes to go along with it (see heroes thread!) .. . if only I remembered to submit them.
Oh well, maybe next update.

[Edit] I don't think I ever did release an updated version of my settlement, with the bug fixes I made.
I've uploaded the latest version of Falheim here: http://rapidshare.com/files/429918552/Falheim_update1.zip

I've copied the contents of my "changes" txt file below, however I haven't touched it or the settlement in nearly a year, so I can't guarantee how accurate it is, if I've missed some things out or whatever.
Maybe one day I'll go back and look at it properly and see if there are any more bugs to fix, but right now it's been so long I can't even remember how to get into edit mode off the top of my head.

CHANGES SINCE RELEASE:

E0M0
----
Moved Entrypoint 23
Deleted floating steam/knife

E0M2
----
Added hut in prisoner camp

E2M0
----
Moved fence

Back