Al Aziz - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

The following is a spoiler. Read at your own risk, or figure it out for yourself. I decided to open a thread where this could be easily accessible in one place instead of having to search and look for different bits and pieces on the forum.

Have you ever got stuck in the mines by not being able to leave or even see your inventory? That means you're not ready yet, as the merchant will suggest when you talk with him. And if you pick the weapon from him and talk to him a second time then you're just stuck in his screen. The solution, I have found in another user's post on this forum, and I'm merely elaborating it a bit more.

To spawn the mines you need to talk to Brother Randalf and give him 1 Qualis gem in exchange for the mine's location. The mines do not exist in the game yet, they will spawn after you talk with him and give him one gem. The location of the mines is a bit random although they tend to show up near one of the edges of the map, on Jatu territory. In essence you'll be using 3 qualis gems here (1 to Brother Randalf, and 2 for the mines).

Now, the mines per se. Before entering the mines you should have:

- 2 Qualis Gems
- 1 unit of Wine

1. Go talk with the orange robes guy. Pick your weapon of choice.

2. Then go talk with the hermit. He'll blabber something and your character will say something like he's wasting his time. Then talk a second time and give him the wine. Then talk a third time and now you'll be able to choose one of the 3 different variations of the weapon you have, Sapphire, Esmerald or Ruby.

3. Press Tab to leave. Check your new weapon and drool.

By entering in the mines with 2 qualis gems and 1 unit of wine you have filled the pre-requisite of this special instance and if you press "I" you'll be able to see your inventory. This is why some people, when they go to the mines can't access their inventory or can't leave the place. The only option in these situations is to manually have your character run to an end of that scenario and leave manually.

This is why the merchant guy tells you something along the lines of "if you can't see the weapon then you are not ready for it". If you can't access the inventory, you can't see the weapon obviously, and at this point you can't also leave the scenario by pressing Tab. Better to quit and load a previous save game and get the 2 qualis gems and the 1 unit of wine. By having this pre-requisite you will then be able to see the inventory and leave the mines by pressing Tab.

Seems to me this was the way that PoP developers had in making you not pick any weapon until you have figured out the old man's riddle (qualis gem, ask for a rune weapon to the merchant and come back to the hermit with the wine) so you wouldn't get stuck in the first place. Kind of a warning, if you don't have this, don't continue.

Hello friends,

I'm a little annoyed at the moment because I can't locate brother R. in any taverns lately its just his friend with the elixer never brother R. with the mines location. I've ridden around Pendor atleast 12 times both FORWARDS and BACKWARDS and still no brother R.
I'm sure it all comes down to chance but this is getting old and I was lucky enough to capture three gems while I looped the map for him. Its almost a slap in the face so what could I do?

P.S. apologies if this doesn't belong in this thread i'm just tired of waiting for an answer.

truly,
buddhistboy1der (;

I entered the mines with 1 qualis gem and a unit of wine after figuring out the hermits riddle. However when I talk to the orange robes guy the conversation gets stuck and I can't do anything except alt F4.

Guess I missed the part of the riddle where it said I need to have 2 qualis gems.

... I was just about to report that the Strange Ruby Runesword (2hander version) stats might actually be a mistake from the developement, until I realized that the Strange Emerald Runesword had the same "hitting" power, except for one specific and VERY IMPORTANT detail.

Is the SRR (2h) is the most powerful weapon (stat-wise) of the game?

greentokyo said:
Hello friends,

I'm a little annoyed at the moment because I can't locate brother R. in any taverns lately its just his friend with the elixer never brother R. with the mines location. I've ridden around Pendor atleast 12 times both FORWARDS and BACKWARDS and still no brother R.
I'm sure it all comes down to chance but this is getting old and I was lucky enough to capture three gems while I looped the map for him. Its almost a slap in the face so what could I do?

P.S. apologies if this doesn't belong in this thread i'm just tired of waiting for an answer.

truly,
buddhistboy1der (;

Not all of the NPCs are on the map at any one time.  Sometimes you will have a wait a few weeks for an NPC to be spawned.

Bank Robber said:
I entered the mines with 1 qualis gem and a unit of wine after figuring out the hermits riddle. However when I talk to the orange robes guy the conversation gets stuck and I can't do anything except alt F4.

Guess I missed the part of the riddle where it said I need to have 2 qualis gems.

This is a known bug.  We're working on a fix for 2.03.  I wish I could tell you something more.. :sad:

-Misguided

Misguided said:
Bank Robber said:

This is a known bug.  We're working on a fix for 2.03.  I wish I could tell you something more.. :sad:

-Misguided

Yup its a bug.  I just entered the mine with 2 gems and the wine and still I get stuck to the dialogue screen :sad: I only needed my sword and Pendor would be mine. I have 200 Silvermists and 100 Huscarls waiting for me in my castle. Oh well, its about time I retired my character anyway.
I don't expect 2.03 will be savegame compatible and I hate importing high level characters. Maybe if I reinstall the mod and the game the Al Aziz problem will be fixed.

My only regret is that I have an awesome looking helm which I have no idea where I got it from and I've never seen it in vendors. If you have any idea where it drops I'd really want to know. I am deeply in love with it. Its called open steel helm and this is what it looks like

P.S. Is that the best looking character in M&B history or what? :mrgreen:

MXDXD said:
... I was just about to report that the Strange Ruby Runesword (2hander version) stats might actually be a mistake from the developement, until I realized that the Strange Emerald Runesword had the same "hitting" power, except for one specific and VERY IMPORTANT detail.

Is the SRR (2h) is the most powerful weapon (stat-wise) of the game?

I savescummed the 3 upgraded versions of the 1h sword. The most powerful, in my opinion, was the Ruby version. Its stat are as impressive as the other two but it does piercing damage instead of cutting which makes it great against armored enemies. And in PoP most lightly armored enemies are complete pushovers who you could one or two shot with a normal weapon anyway.

While I can make no promises, so far none of the changes in 2.03 should affect your savegames.  That may change by the time we finish it, of course...

-Misguided

EDIT to keep from double posting:

Piercing?  A: that's really cool.  B: that's probably a bug...

:grin:

-M

Misguided said:
While I can make no promises, so far none of the changes in 2.03 should affect your savegames.  That may change by the time we finish it, of course...

-Misguided

-M

The piercing damage is true of all the Ruby items, so I think it was intentional.  Considering the aggregate cost for a gemmed rune weapon (3 Qualis gems), I don't think it is overpowered.

Makes sense.  I should probably get off my butt and go get my own unique weapons in my game... but I've been having too much fun founding Orders and crushing Sarleon and Ravenstern with them.

:mrgreen:

-Misguided

Misguided said:

-Misguided

-M

I doubt it's a bug. Otherwise Ruby would be extremely underpowered compared to the other two types.

On a related note I just 1-shot one of those demonic warriors with my ruby sword. We both charged past each other at full speed and I caught him in the head doing 453 damage. To be fair they don't wear helmets.

Bank Robber said:
My only regret is that I have an awesome looking helm which I have no idea where I got it from and I've never seen it in vendors. If you have any idea where it drops I'd really want to know. I am deeply in love with it. Its called open steel helm and this is what it looks like

P.S. Is that the best looking character in M&B history or what? :mrgreen:

You got an open-topped helmet from the Three Seers army.  Good find.

I folowed your recommendations :
1 qualis gem to the book seller to get the location of the mines : OK
go to the mines and talk to the pilgrim like guy to get the riddle : OK
(also spoke to the other guy, maybe this was my mistake)
2 qualis gem (a huge lot of battles...) and 1 wine : OK
Back to the mines (excited I was...) and... stuck with the non pilgrim guy!
I can just ask him what he has for sale and the "click left button to continue" does not seem to work.
Any key stroke, mose clik does not work, except alt+F4!

Why?!?

Maybe I should not have spoken with the merchand on my first trip?

This character is an imported one from my 1.21 game?

Please tell me there is a way to get these weapons!!!

Talking to the merchant twice can freeze your game. So if you talk to the Merchant dude, ensure you ´ve got a Qulis Gem in your inventory to purchase a Runed Weapon. Even better, save before you enter the mines the first time so you can check which of the various tools or war suit your cause best.

Since you already talked to the chap but didn´t purchase please don´t hesitate or give up but be patient for 2.03.

I can't seem to find the damn mine anywhere... I've paid for the location of the mine from Brother Randalf but damned if I can see the mine anywhere on the map. I even tried running around the whole mountained edge of the map and still saw no mine. In my opinion when you pay for the definitive location of something you are given the location of something, not the chance to find it... So either that or my game has bugged. I dunno. :???:

This works fine as it is on 2.02. I'm toroughly enjoying it as is.

Again, to reiterate: there are 2 GUYS IN THE MINES. 1 is the old hermit that likes wine, the other one is a dude in orange robes. When you enter the mine, talk to the orange robes guy ONCE, and choose your weapon. Now go to the old man and speak to the old man 3 times (and you'll give him 1 unit of wine). That's it. There's nothing more to it.

Thrakks said:
I can't seem to find the damn mine anywhere... I've paid for the location of the mine from Brother Randalf but damned if I can see the mine anywhere on the map. I even tried running around the whole mountained edge of the map and still saw no mine. In my opinion when you pay for the definitive location of something you are given the location of something, not the chance to find it... So either that or my game has bugged. I dunno. :???:

It a) is REALLY small, like half the size of a village, b)is labeled in smaller than normal text, and c) spawns in other places besides the desert past D'Shar lands.  Mine is in the Noldor woods near Laria, for example.  Use ctrl-click cheat to teleport around and search the entire map

Back
Top Bottom