Al Aziz - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

ok, so i am trying to get more of the gems. i just cant find any of these special armies that u can fight and capture their leader and exchange his freedom for a gem. so can some one give me some examples of these armies, and when they come into the game, where to find them ect. many thanks in advance  :mrgreen:

Check your victory progress screen to see which armies have spawned.
After knowing who spawned,you can look up my strategy guide on popwiki to see which faction they belong and therefore have an area to search for them.

~Ãbyss

I Re-read everything and no one else seems to have my problem.

I have 2 qualis gems, plenty of bag room, a strange rune axe and access to Al-Aziz.

I enter Al-Aziz (I already cannot leave without quitting without save)...OK
I got to Hermit
I talk to him, leave
I give him my unit of wine, he drinks it and falls asleep.
I have no more wine, so he tells me to go away.
I tried again with 5-9 wine, no change. just falls asleep whilst I've got 2 qualis gems, the axe in my inventory, wine and plenty of bag space.

I cannot see any solutions in this thread, i'm sorry if this is getting redundant, but i even tried buying a second rune axe, but no change.

Perhaps he just likes his wine?

Talking to the merchant doesn´t do anything as well? I reckon you´re trying to upgrade your axe. Can´t help you there as I haven´t done that for quite some time.

Some time since I was in Al Aziz, but I'd suggest trying it without the wine. When I went there I never had wine with me and could buy the weapons nonetheless.

SCGavin said:
Some time since I was in Al Aziz, but I'd suggest trying it without the wine. When I went there I never had wine with me and could buy the weapons nonetheless.
The wine is only for the hermit (or whatever). But try doing what hg said... you should have the rune weapon, a qualis gem and some wine in your inventory. When the dude falls asleep, talk to him again and you'll get that uber weapon :wink:

kekn06ab said:
SCGavin said:
The wine is only for the hermit (or whatever). But try doing what hg said... you should have the rune weapon, a qualis gem and some wine in your inventory. When the dude falls asleep, talk to him again and you'll get that uber weapon :wink:

I meant to say that one could (and maybe still can) upgrade weapons through the hermit without having wine in inventory. I just take two qualis gems, go to Al Aziz, walk straight towards the trader, buy a weapon, turn around and go left to the hermit and upgrade the newly acquired weapon. I need no wine, only two qualis gems (or one weapon in inventory and one qualis gem).

i have the 2 gems in my inventory, along with 1 unit of wine, but upon entering the instance i cant open my inventory nor leave with tab. when i talk to the orange guy i get a weapon, when i then talk to the hermit and give him the wine, i get the weapon i chose, but still cant access my inventory nor tab out of the instance. what did i do wrong? :/
edit: ok, i manually exited the instance by running to the border and i have the sword i wanted in my inventory oO so ill just go hunting now, gotta test out the sword :wink:

That´s the way it´s supposed to work.
Important is that the weapon you want to upgrade is in your inventory instead of beeing equipped, otherwise it won´t work at all.

Hi guys

I have different kind of a problem.I read the whole post and i haven't seen anyone had the same problem.I've got all the presequites: 2 gems and 1 bottle of wine.i did everything in order;first picked up my weapon of choice,secondly took the enhanced ruby rune weapon from the hermit.but when i press tab button i can't leave the area.also i still can't access my inventory although i get all the presequites.does anyone have any idea?

When you get the weapon you like , start walking until the very edge of the area , where a "leave area" message will appear in front of you (exactly like in a battle map).Just exit and enjoy your new weapon.

i tried what you said several times.i walk till the end of the area and then "leave area" message appears i press tab and "cannot leave now" message appears.i don't understand why this is happening.by the way i'm playing pop v2.5, thank you for your advises..

can anybody else help?

hit the f key man, hit the f key. It´s by default the action key you need if you want to talk to people or pick up a weapon in battle. So run to the edge of the map until "leave area" pops up and hit the f key and you´ll get out of that scene.

Didn't it occur to you to press the F key when the big orange F popped up at the middle of your screen?

~Ãbyss

Back
Top Bottom