Al Aziz - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for that. Your right, it really can spawn anywhere. I found mine in the far corner of the flat desert over the river near D'Shar. Cheers!

Mine spawned in the Jatu valley, indeed differs per person.

hichubby said:
where do you get the gems

The gems he uses are in fact Qualis stones. To find those, go to http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=search2

So someone in here is saying that the freezing issue is being addressed. Can you tell me what this means from the "issues" sticky?

Issue 34: (P2)  RESOLVED Al-Aziz mine merchant causes game failure upon second interaction with him.  No workaround.  [status: Completed]  [2.03]

What does that completed mean? Is that an internal message saying that it has been taken care of and will be in an upcoming patch or is it announcing that it isn't fixable?

Do you guys have any idea when the patch is coming out?

I love your mod so I'm a little frustrated to find this out. I have been looking forward to the special weapons all game long and now i find out it's all been for nothing since I can't get them unless i start over (no way to use a savegame). I don't really play this game enough to justify doing that to myself just for a weapon.

What i want to know is why you guys aren't giving a big warning about this. Isn't this a huge flaw in the game? I gave these forums a glace, i clicked the mods link from that current mod list, i downloaded it from another page. Can't you guys put a warning up? I don't play M&B for more than a couple months at a time so unless this patch is about to come out it looks like I'm not going to get this thing I've been looking forward too all game long. I don't see any good reason not to give people a heads up about this.

Starting a new game is not the end of the world, I have started 4 or 5 different games with PoP 2.0, if not more, one is on day 500/600, other is on day 150, another one is on day 80, let alone the others I've deleted.

You can start new with the same character, this regaining all the skills, by exporting him in your current game, and then creating a new game and importing him back into that game. Just make sure he has the same name of the current character, that's all there is.

It means it´s fixed in 2.03.
The 2.03 patch will come up somewhere within the next two weeks, if Saxondragon sorted through his RL issues.

This isn´t a huge flaw in the game. P2 isn´t gamebreaking, just annyoing. And all your questions have been answered multiple times, but I´m in a nice mood today as it´s sunday.

The merchant flaw causes your game to freeze once you speak the SECOND time to the merchant. So if you fit the prequesites to acquiring a RUNED WEAPON you will get it. Upgrading it doesn´t need the merchant any more, so wether you´re facing that bug or not (not every player gets it) it will not prohibit you from getting a nice weapon. Squeezed into a short and nice sentence, it´s the Issue 34.

This mod isn´t purchased or sold. It´s free for you to download and use. You found the forum, you read the forum, you noticed the patch issues, you´ve got a brain. No use to put a label on it with any warnings. Some things need to be found out by the gamer himself instead of beeing told. It´s called experience.

And you can always export/import your character if you dislike starting all over.

Apart from that, the freaking runed weapons aren´t needed at all. Sure, they are awesomely looking and deal quite a punch but you can do as well with a hefty axe, Pendor Great Sword, Morning star, warhammer, lance, bow, etc...

I hope this raised your head a bit. If not, I´m sorry for you if you can´t get fun out of a game while not wielding the best weapon or armor but do hope you can in real life instead of craving for more and more and never be content with your current state of life.

SellingCows said:
So someone in here is saying that the freezing issue is being addressed. Can you tell me what this means from the "issues" sticky?

Issue 34: (P2)  RESOLVED Al-Aziz mine merchant causes game failure upon second interaction with him.  No workaround.  [status: Completed]  [2.03]

What does that completed mean? Is that an internal message saying that it has been taken care of and will be in an upcoming patch or is it announcing that it isn't fixable?

Do you guys have any idea when the patch is coming out?

I love your mod so I'm a little frustrated to find this out. I have been looking forward to the special weapons all game long and now i find out it's all been for nothing since I can't get them unless i start over (no way to use a savegame). I don't really play this game enough to justify doing that to myself just for a weapon.

What i want to know is why you guys aren't giving a big warning about this. Isn't this a huge flaw in the game? I gave these forums a glace, i clicked the mods link from that current mod list, i downloaded it from another page. Can't you guys put a warning up? I don't play M&B for more than a couple months at a time so unless this patch is about to come out it looks like I'm not going to get this thing I've been looking forward too all game long. I don't see any good reason not to give people a heads up about this.

My apologies.  Real life has taken over time for the last several weeks and I was unable to complete the entire patch for 2.03 before this happened.  Since this is a labor of love and not a for-profit venture, it has to take a back seat to putting food on the table, paying rent and managing a family and household. 

What this line means, is that I found the error, addressed it and is part of the 2.03 patch that I hope to have completed next week.  There were some additional issues with the testing of the patch, that must be addressed prior to releasing it.

As Noosers mentioned, this only happens when you talk to him without completing the transaction a second time.  This was entirely my fault with the original code as I introduced a bone-headed syntax error where I used the wrong variable to key a conversation fork. 

Please be patient, and I will address this shortly.

Best regards,

saxondragon

My advice is to cheat a little hold ctrl and click anywhere on the map to teleport there! :smile: Just tele around to all the City/Castles and ull find him pretty fast. I seem to find him often in my own city/castles if i have any tho.

greentokyo said:
Hello friends,

I'm a little annoyed at the moment because I can't locate brother R. in any taverns lately its just his friend with the elixer never brother R. with the mines location. I've ridden around Pendor atleast 12 times both FORWARDS and BACKWARDS and still no brother R.
I'm sure it all comes down to chance but this is getting old and I was lucky enough to capture three gems while I looped the map for him. Its almost a slap in the face so what could I do?

P.S. apologies if this doesn't belong in this thread i'm just tired of waiting for an answer.

truly,
buddhistboy1der (;

Or you could read one of the 3 other threads where I posted a workaround that will give you the item you wanted (unless you already used the training ground easter egg).  No, I'm not going to post it a fourth time.  No, I'm not going to give you a link.  If it really chaps your ass so much, you can actually read the threads where it's been addressed.

Well I didn't expect my message to get that reaction. Some of it is understandable, others maybe not. I meant to be businesslike for the first part of my message and then i felt i needed to explain why this was a big deal to me. I certainly didn't do a great job on the message so sorry if i came off like huge jerk, i certainly wasn't trying to. I love your mod and I'm thankful that you've made it on your own free time and dicks like me can enjoy it.

A quick response,

I didn't want to start over (even with a high level character) since i don't play M&B all year long, i cycle between games and i really wanted to try some other mods before i uninstalled so that's why it is this one game for me (until i reinstall) though I'm sure PoP is good for many go's.

I cared about the weapons because I've been looking forward to them. I felt happy to stay a little kingdom and i already have the knighthoods that i want so in a way i felt that all i was now working towards now were the epic battles with enchanted runed weapons. Rational or not it's a little crazy to jump to "you must be a really screwed up person" and pull out the old "If you aren't happy with a little you will never be happy with anything". Saying stuff like that to people you don't know on the internet is just so far from the situations in life where it might be warranted. Would you like strangers questioning your happiness and suggesting you are projecting based on forum posts?

Anyway, it seems like the new patch is coming out much sooner than i expected so sorry again for reacting hastily and coming off like i was entitled to your work. Thanks for the enjoyment.

If you can´t wait for it, there´s certain ways to implement items in a game so you recieve it upon a certain event. Pode explained how it works, it´s hidden in one of the Al Azziz threads, blast me if I knew in which. Best check and track his posts till you hit the piece of information you want. You will be able to add the desired tool of devastation in your inventory with it.

You already spoke once to the merchant?

Apologies are probably in order, I was grumpy about RL stuff and unloaded on someone who didn't seem to have looked very hard for an answer.  I understand about not wanting to restart and wanting the gear, totally.  Now that I think about it, I have to wonder if the forum search engine ignores things in spoiler tags.  Would explain a lot of the hassle people have finding answers to questions we're sick of answering, which as you unfortunately found out is a bad combination. :oops:

So to sum up: The bug does exist, has been tracked down, and as far as the team can tell has been fixed in the 2.03 beta patch.  That patch is being playtested now to make sure the fixes work and no new surprises have been created.  In the meantime, unless you have used the training ground easter egg, there is a workaround I've posted that involves a text tweak to the script file that will give you one of any item you want when you enter a training ground.

Thanks guys. Pode - I saw your message and i did use the easter egg so i didn't bother to search but reading that I realize that could be pretty helpful to jumpstarting the game again so I'll check it out.

This mod is definitely the best mod for mount & blade. But there is one thing that frustrates me, the qualis gems! What is the best way to get them? I've got one from the chest and one from the mystmountain hero but where do you get others? Please tell me because this mod is kind of getting dull.  :arrow: :cry:

Thanks to the great 2.03 patch I got past the freezing merchant conversation and now have a fancy ruby 2-hnd sword (and bow also!). Now off to the Griffonsword Adventure Company to put it to good use. :p

hichubby said:
This mod is definitely the best mod for mount & blade. But there is one thing that frustrates me, the qualis gems! What is the best way to get them? I've got one from the chest and one from the mystmountain hero but where do you get others? Please tell me because this mod is kind of getting dull.  :arrow: :cry:

:drops monocle:

The search button is your friend.
The Qualis Gem thread is your friend.
Not insulting this mod is your friend.
All of these are your friends.
Don't leave your friends.

Anyhow....cheese?

hichubby said:

Hello Hichubby,

I believe this thread will hold the information you seek:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69080.0.html

Best,

Saxondragon

Dan_Grr said:
This works fine as it is on 2.02. I'm toroughly enjoying it as is.

Again, to reiterate: there are 2 GUYS IN THE MINES. 1 is the old hermit that likes wine, the other one is a dude in orange robes. When you enter the mine, talk to the orange robes guy ONCE, and choose your weapon. Now go to the old man and speak to the old man 3 times (and you'll give him 1 unit of wine). That's it. There's nothing more to it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but you are saying that the old guy is basically just there to steal your wine and that's all?

Back
Top Bottom