Mount&Blade Font Customiser {1.4} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

I choose a Font, clicked create own font and replaced it with my old one. The Result: Everything is invisible

Edit: This was made for the Original M B wasn't it? :I

sushimaster006 said:
I choose a Font, clicked create own font and replaced it with my old one. The Result: Everything is invisible

Probably all the custom fonts you see in any mod have been created with this tool, so it works fine.
Read the previous pages of this thread, there's enough info to diagnose your error without having to repeat myself.

Swyter said:
sushimaster006 said:

Probably all the custom fonts you see in any mod have been created with this tool, so it works fine.
Read the previous pages of this thread, there's enough info to diagnose your error without having to repeat myself.

Alrigt i did, so when do you plan to release 1.5?

Andalus71 said:
but this programme isn't in this download link :evil:

Look back. I think that the space-time is going to implode on itself if we keep enlarging the snowball.

Swyter said:
Harlef said:
DL Link is broken, could you pls upload it again?  :cool:

Look back. :smile:

Swyter said:
Tryggvi said:
Swyter, could you reupload the 1.4.1 version please? There is no folder on the mediafire.

The upload was in MBrepository, which works flawlessly. Here's the direct link:
Code:
http://www.mbrepository.com/download.php?id=1503&f=MBFCv1.4.zip

It's in the first post, but, as you probably noticed, the images are broken, and so the download button.
Have fun! :smile:

Willhelm said:
Is there any way to stop it cutting off the end of words, it seems to do it for every font i've tried.

A screenie does miracles. There's a tweakable baseline height parameter in the config file.
Take it a look with notepad, it is extremely well commented with poor English.

It was explained a couple of years ago to Merlkir in this very same thread. Time flies.

Thanks for the quick reply. While he seems to have a problem with height mine is more than i need it moving slightly left probably, maybe it's fixed in the same way.

Here's an image.
XkGPc5Z.png
It's better with this font, with some others it can cut the whole final letter off. It didn't change when i changed the font size either.

Willhelm said:
Thanks for the quick reply. While he seems to have a problem with height mine is more than i need it moving slightly left probably, maybe it's fixed in the same way.

Here's an image.
XkGPc5Z.png
It's better with this font, with some others it can cut the whole final letter off. It didn't change when i changed the font size either.

Your best bet is to edit the glyphs from
Code:
font_data.xml
directly with something like Notepad++.

As years pass I've gotten more and more weary of rolling my own code. I can release a format converter from Angelcode's BMfont and retire this thing from *2009*, which was pretty much my first public contribution to Mount&Blade back then.

Something like a cut and paste clientside JS app looks good to you? Should be pretty easy to do, and simple is better.

Willhelm said:
Alright I'll try that thanks.

This is a good program, but yeah, anything simpler which does the same job is better.

Here you have it, a web app which converts from the Angelcode's BMFont XML format. Guess the rest, I'm in a bit of a hurry right now.
Code:
http://swyter.bitbucket.org/

A nice and to-the-point tutorial of how to do your own Mount&Blade fonts with it can be found right here:
Code:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290946.0.html

Consider Font Customiser obsolete and deprecated. Support will be reduced too.
Have fun with it, hopefully we'll see more and more mods with one of these.

Hi, I am not sure how to use this (read the PDF). When I start the application, the only fonts available are: Bold, Italic, Greek, and Cyrillic. The new version of clash of kings changed the font and I liked the old one better. I believe the font before the update was mordred or mordred bold. How can I change the font?

Chazshepherd said:
Hi, I am not sure how to use this (read the PDF). When I start the application, the only fonts available are: Bold, Italic, Greek, and Cyrillic. The new version of clash of kings changed the font and I liked the old one better. I believe the font before the update was mordred or mordred bold. How can I change the font?

That's the original game font. Just remove the overrides by deleting the following files:

Code:
<Mount&Blade root>\Modules\<mod name>\Data\font_data.xml
<Mount&Blade root>\Modules\<mod name>\Textures\font.dds

Its custom font should disappear. Also, don't use this program anymore, it's deprecated, I've made a tutorial covering all the bases, look above your post, for once.

McHaddish said:
Attempted to download and the file is not there.

Swyter said:
Harlef said:
DL Link is broken, could you pls upload it again?  :cool:

Swyter said:
Tryggvi said:
Swyter, could you reupload the 1.4.1 version please? There is no folder on the mediafire.

The upload was in MBrepository, which works flawlessly. Here's the direct link:
Code:
http://www.mbrepository.com/download.php?id=1503&f=MBFCv1.4.zip

It's in the first post, but, as you probably noticed, the images are broken, and so the download button.
Have fun! :smile:

Most, if not all, of the MBRepository files should have been backed up by the Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20211016125814id/https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1503

I still recommend using this guide instead for more customizability and control. It effectively obsoletes this program.
Thanks!

I checked that guide, it is a bit too expansive. (Very nice, however.) I kind of just want to click a button and want magic to happen when it comes to fonts.

Actually, never mind. Took another gander at that thread, it is more practical than I thought. Thanks for all this, Swy!

▧What is that?
It's the reference tool for building Mount&Blade fonts.

▧Why I should use it?
When you're developing a module. You may work with some extra features that provides a greater ambiance
Also it's useful for players that want to have a custom font for readability or enjoyment purposes.

▧How I use it?
The use it's easy and friendly. A multi-language window with less buttons and more power.
There are various levels of configuration: from the simplest selecting the font, checking and getting it... to the advanced adjustments.
Making your font unique. Also provides a great modularity and international charset support (Chinese, Turkish...)

▧Story
From my first days with this game, I wanted to modify and create.
And later seeing the great community I decided to switch my sandbox game from BFME to M&B.

One of my first contributions was a hand made, hard worked "Albertus MT" version. And later I experimented with my programming
skills to fill the lack of 'moddability' in the darker areas of the Mount&Blade series.

Stuff like Iron Launcher, and the famous 'Data folder request' came later thanks to this.
its not opening now because of mbrepository is closed aren't there a way to download it using mediafire etc

Back
Top Bottom