Favorite Gear

Users who are viewing this thread

My name is Maeglin Dubh, and I'm a collector.

I currently have 19 of my slots taken up by weapons, armor, and shields that I can't bear to part with in the event that I might want to use them, or have a companion use them. This includes a katana and wakizashi set, a Noldor composite bow, a Huscarl shield, two different kinds of tower shield, a thick heater shield, a pick, a mace, four different swords....

And each has it's own particular use.

I have a problem. This is actually my primary incentive for capturing a city or castle... Not storing troops, running a kingdom, or expanding my power base... I need somewhere to put all my toys!

So....
What are your favorite implements of war? What things can't you bear to part with, even though you don't always ride out with them?

Maeglin Dubh said:
My name is Maeglin Dubh, and I'm a collector.

I currently have 19 of my slots taken up by weapons, armor, and shields that I can't bear to part with in the event that I might want to use them, or have a companion use them. This includes a katana and wakizashi set, a Noldor composite bow, a Huscarl shield, two different kinds of tower shield, a thick heater shield, a pick, a mace, four different swords....

And each has it's own particular use.

I have a problem. This is actually my primary incentive for capturing a city or castle... Not storing troops, running a kingdom, or expanding my power base... I need somewhere to put all my toys!

So....
What are your favorite implements of war? What things can't you bear to part with, even though you don't always ride out with them?
I hve the same problem, but not in Pendor, in World of Warcraft... I can't throw away items, because this one might have a slightly higher stat in a certian circumstance... it really nags me >_>

I'm a horse archer.  I use an iron staff as a lance and emergency melee weapon.  Simple enough.  Then it comes to sieging and I just can't make up my mind.  I have a quality shield in case I want it more than arrows, a warhammer and my starting balanced cross hilt noble sword since I can't decide if I want prisoners, a silvered claymore and a club with spike in case I decide to just pick up a shield off the ground, and a pendor great sword and a maul in case I decide to skip the shield alltogether

Mostly i play as Lancer or horsearcher, and i tend to carry a sword or saber for backup. Lately i have started to grow really fond of a balanced or heavy spiked mace. For 2 reasons. Its blunt so you can actually hurt a guy in plate, and it is so short that you can use it when 3 footies are going real close to you.

I have a special love for polearms with a big piece of deadly metal at the end, but i must admit that they are not always the best choice.

So even though its only my backupweapen i would say the Spiked Mace

Heavy lance, enchanted shield, noldor runesword and balanced warhammer.

A regular shield and a pendor greatsword before I trained that poor Noldor party right into a jatu army...  :oops:

My weakness seem to be horses, I've had half a dozen with me at times that I just can't part with. I've yet to choose an armored but slower steed over my faster ones, but I still keep them around "just in case".

I love the balanced morningstar.  I know it's slow but it's just a total wrecking ball from horseback.  If I get de-horsed it takes a special touch to get out of trouble but it sucks when a couple guys come at you at once.  For pure devastation though it works.  I also like the balanced black iron spear but , again it sucks on foot.
I've kind of shyed away from swords because cutting damage just doesn't cut it (pun intended) against heavy armor foes.  At least not until you get much stronger.

I usually use bows too so whichever one has the best damage and can be used on horseback.

I'm also addicted to horses.  I've always got spares.  Jatu hunters rock.  I looted a champion Jatu hunter but I only break him out in certain situations.  And you've got to have a heavy charging style horse handy too.  And a back up.  Or 2 back ups. :razz:

I feel like a total retard... I JUST noticed the letters after damage points in an item description, and JUST figured out what they mean.

I've switched to using a blunt weapon so I can capture more guys and try and recruit them.

Well, I usually pick up what´s looking cool, and give the leftover supreme items to one of my plentiful compaions.

Horses are tricky, but I never keep more than three - Hunters and Noldors. Armor will be the heaviest I can get though it need to look stylish. Helmet is easy - Hounskull Bascinet, open, with plume :razz:

Right now I use a Balanced Heavy Lance, Noldor Runesword, Knights Axe (haven´t seen a balanced one) and an Ornate Shield. That sums it up pretty much. Still I´ve got too little inventory space since I usually carry along three books and six different types of food.

I use Saphire Rune Axe, Reinforced Immortal Shield, Strange Rune Bow & Noldor Arrows.

For horse I use Noldor Spirit Horse - I really don't need any other horse :wink:

right now my fav weapon would be the club with the spike attachment, pretty much a wrecking ball when in close combat for it's reasonably good attack speed, never removed it from my character even though its ugly like hell. otherwise it's my mastercrafted noldor longsword :grin:
armor however, i just take what looks appropriate according to a story, mostly forest greens and reds currently.

i like noldor longsword, not best but looks great, also balanced black spear (i've mastered spear fighting in other mods :razz:), war bow for sieges and noldor dark horse (my favourite since earlier versions)

For better or worse I can honestly say that I have never once used a lance/spear/glaive/etc. outside of a tournament.  Couched damage is just ridiculous and almost feels like cheating to me.  I almost always just stick with a good old sword and shield combo, usually a D'Shar sword.  Oh, and I generally go for the fastest horses available.

There should be more good warhammers, nothing is funnier than hitting your enemy on his head an knock him unconscious!  :lol:

As a pure lancer I use
1. Balanced Jousting Lance (to take prisoners) or Balanced Knights Lance (longest lance to kill things).
2. Balanced Warhammer (astounding close combat weapon and it is nice to chase those Anakonda Knights and bash their heads with up-down strike).
3. Ornate Knights Shiled (Reinforced would be nice).
4. Ornate Knights Shiled (Reinforced would be nice).

Noldor Spirit Horse (Armor 70, Speed 50, amazing mount)

To develop my skills I can replace one shield with Balanced Silvered Claymore to deliver some serious damage due to the speed bonus or replace all two shields with launcher and ammo or two packs of throwing weapons.

I have five horses in my inventory (although all companions that I need already have good horses). I don't want to sell them, though. You don't find a good horse standing everywhere. That leads me to thinking, that horses that are killed in battle should be permanently dead. There is no logical reason, why they stay alive and if they are dead, there is an actual use for those spare horses.

Tempered Pendor Great Sword (53 slash damage, 135 reach)
Battered Noldor Noble Shield (18 resistance, 674 hitpoints)
Rusty Noldor Runesword (125 speed, 110 reach)
Thick Immortal Helm (Coolness factor)
Pendorian Knights Armour (58 body armour, 19 leg)

I know most of it isnt super top end but I like it, and have been using it for about 100 days now. Also im a foot soldier, trying to fight like a greatswordsman.

SCGavin said:
I have five horses in my inventory (although all companions that I need already have good horses). I don't want to sell them, though. You don't find a good horse standing everywhere. That leads me to thinking, that horses that are killed in battle should be permanently dead. There is no logical reason, why they stay alive and if they are dead, there is an actual use for those spare horses.
Actually, there IS a good use for those horses.
The more horses you have in your inventory, the faster you go (yes, seriously.) Same as having less weight in your inventory, the faster you go.

Back
Top Bottom