Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmpxchg8b said:
The game logic is single-threaded, there is no "at the same time".

Then I don´t know why they get confused then, like pos variables.

Before, with my grenade script, if I use all the time the same position it gets buggy.

BTW, If I copy the original position to a strange position, from pos0 to pos4, now it works. Why?

Same with spawns, and other things.

I noticed the corruption of registers, strings and positions too. The visible effect is mostly encountered in specific dialogs constructed with strings, it's easy to see when a string (or a reg used to build it) is corrupted - I believe there are still outstanding Warband bugs with specific corrupted dialogs. I think specific registers can get corrupted between dialogs in a sequence, but can't think of what code can execute between those (an engine mission trigger?). It's not buggy dialog code, that I know.

Why does it happen? Can it be game_event scripts executing while a trigger is executed too? The engine code using some registers (unless reg0 etc, in an operation with a documented output)?
Can we be sure that a script or another code block will execute without interruption and potential register corruption?

Cmp, can you shed some light on this?

Can lods have multiple meshes, just wondering because I want to know before I create lods of the buildings I have done.

Would it be possible to put in a 'teleport' function? I want to make a map with a wide unbridged river dividing it in half, and to cross it you have the option of going to a port city and 'taking ship' via a menu which will teleport you to a different port city, taking some time.

I also want to put in ships, but I want both systems for different reasons.

xPearse said:
Can lods have multiple meshes, just wondering because I want to know before I create lods of the buildings I have done.
Yes, but buildings usually don't need lods.
LordOfShadows said:
Would it be possible to put in a 'teleport' function? I want to make a map with a wide unbridged river dividing it in half, and to cross it you have the option of going to a port city and 'taking ship' via a menu which will teleport you to a different port city, taking some time.
Teleport functions are easily achievable with party_get/set_position, along with using a slot for pairing the port cities. Use rest_for_hours to take up time.

Do you guys know which bone is for the player back? I was using the spine bone but it doesn´t work very well when you kill him at his back. Maybe it´s because you need to hit specifically a small part of the back.

Thanks.

guys i need help, i want to add my weapons to a mod and i dont have the module system or anything, can i just open one of those notepad files in the mod and add a code then the weapon gets added, and how?

Hello! I've got an armor that is thinner than the human body model, so when put ingame the body model is inside the armor Im wearing so it's clipping each other. Hope that makes sense :razz:

Anyways, anyone know how to have the body model not be inside it?

Edit: Nvm, fixed it :razz: Just had to use the same texture on the second difuse spot as I was using the faceshader. And it wasnt the model it seems, but rather the textures mixing xD

Hey how could I get a map totally underwater so I could use it with the bridge scene, I don't know how to go about doing that so I decided to ask here.

Edit: What I mean how can I get a map to be like this in this image.

CTCCoco said:
Do you guys know which bone is for the player back? I was using the spine bone but it doesn´t work very well when you kill him at his back. Maybe it´s because you need to hit specifically a small part of the back.

Thanks.

Spine, thorax, abdomen. But hit detection has nothing to do with the bones, hit boxes do (well they're more like spheres). What exactly are you trying to do?

Hello guys, I want to add a specific item to my game. I cloned a similar one with the Item Editor, but I can't find the mesh reference of the new item.

It's this one:
nofrills.jpg

From this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76333.0.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Caba`drin said:
CTCCoco said:
Somebody can tell me the hardcoded limit of the "reg" variables, please?

Thanks!
See header_common.
Registers 0-63 are defined; and 65. No reg64, oddly enough.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the engine won't accept others though...so I probably didn't answer your question.
Maybe a better question is why would you need them? I hope it's not this again:
CTCCoco said:
MadVader said:
CTCCoco said:
Somebody knows if it´s possible to pass a local variable to a string without a reg?
No, and there's no reason why you can't put it in a string by using a reg. Or is there?

Yes, it is.

Imagine on Multiplayer 30 players sending  some URL requests at the same time, using 64 registers or so. The more people, the more possibilities to the register to get confused, since they are globally isn´t it?

That´s my problem.
CTCCoco said:
cmpxchg8b said:
The game logic is single-threaded, there is no "at the same time".

Then I don´t know why they get confused then, like pos variables.

Before, with my grenade script, if I use all the time the same position it gets buggy.

BTW, If I copy the original position to a strange position, from pos0 to pos4, now it works. Why?

Same with spawns, and other things.

Does anyone know the formula of the missile starting velocity :?:

I found this in the crpg forum;
Code:
ingame_velocity_in_m_per_s = item_kinds_shoot_speed * sqrt((PD * 0.12) + 1.0) * 1.2
{PD capped at bow diff+4}
Is this formula correct...
I mean why the hell is the shoot speed multipiled by 1.2 at the end of the calculation :?:

_Sebastian_ said:
Does anyone know the formula of the missile starting velocity :?:

I found this in the crpg forum;
Code:
ingame_velocity_in_m_per_s = item_kinds_shoot_speed * sqrt((PD * 0.12) + 1.0) * 1.2
{PD capped at bow diff+4}
Is this formula correct...
I mean why the hell is the shoot speed multipiled by 1.2 at the end of the calculation :?:
Edit

Well the formula seems to be correct.

I testet it with a crossbow with 10 shoot_speed and explosive(to see when it hits) bolts with no gravity and no airfriction.
I shoot at a wall at a exact distance of 100meters and the bolt traveled around 8.3 to 8.4sec (it should be 10sec).
So the missile speed was 12m/s and not 10.

All missile speeds are multipiled by 1.2 doesnt matter which weapon type.

Hi guys!
I'm looking for a way to give the main party a woman icon upon choosing female at the very begining of the game.
I tried to edit the game menus.py
seems like it passed the module building but when I go inside the game I still see godd old plain male player icon.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my code?

Code:
 ("start_female",[],"Female",
       [
           (troop_set_type,"trp_player",1),
           (assign,"$character_gender",tf_female),
		   (party_set_icon, "p_main_party", "icon_woman_b"),
           (jump_to_menu,"mnu_start_character_1")
        ]
       ),

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back