I tried making the list and so:
Code:
(
		"the_ways",0,-1,
		"You enter the ways.",
			[
				(100,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,7,[]),
				#(1,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,0,20,[]),
				#(2,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,0,20,[]),	#Haven' added other parties inside ways yet
				#(3,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,0,20,[]),
			],

[	

(ti_tab_pressed, 0, 0,
					[],
					[
						(finish_mission,0),
						(change_screen_return,0),
					]
				),

(ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, 
					[
						(eq, slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero), #player should have this troop slot, no?
					],

[
						(party_list_begin = "p_town_10"),
						(party_list_end = "p_salt_mine"),
						(store_sub, ":party_index", "$g_encountered_party", party_list_begin),
						(val_add, ":party_index", 3),
						(assign, "$ways_point", ":party_index"),
						(entry_point_get_position, pos2, "$g_ways_point"),
						(get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
						(agent_set_position, ":player_agent", pos2),
					]
				),

#### ALL BELOW HERE FIX LATER #####

(1, 4, ti_once, [(main_hero_fallen)],
					[
						(assign, "$pin_player_fallen", 1),
						(str_store_string, s5, "str_retreat"),
						(call_script, "script_simulate_retreat", 5, 20, 0),
						(assign, "$g_battle_result", -1),
						(set_mission_result,-1),
						(call_script, "script_count_mission_casualties_from_agents"),
						(finish_mission,0)
					]
				),
			],
		),

I tried inserting the list thingy with the "ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0," to get the correct entry point to move to. But it doesn't compile since I'm obviosly doing something wrong. Is the lists supposed to go somewhere else specific?

I also tried searching all the avalible module files to see if any other lists were made with similar syntax but was unable to find any example of it.

EDIT: And I guess the begin "p_LALA" and end "p_LILI" is their position in the module_parties.py file?

Just to annoy all of you and to repeat myself .... and in a way to make sure you haven't just not seen it because it is already a few pages behind but I still wonder how I can convert a dds file into something editable. Well, I know how to but this seems to be saved in a special format or something. It looks like I would turn on the option 'alpha transparency' in OpenBrf. It converts to a picture just like that with  large parts transparent and many parts missing...well, nothing I can work with. I can't handle this one on my own and my hope is that you can tell me.

Thanks in advance again.

I tried it with dds converter 2 but in the converter closes on trying to open that dds file. I downloaded paint.net then which was able to open it in the way I described.

Wow, now that was fast. Thanks. I'll try.  :razz:

Caba, yeah, I know, you might remember we already talked about this a little while ago. My problem was that the plugin for Gimp doesn't work with my version. It was for 32-bit only....well, the last time I checked and since dds converter usually works fine I had no reason to look again.

EDIT: Thank you, Sibylla ...This is a fine small program and it worked.  :smile:

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Just to annoy all of you and to repeat myself .... and in a way to make sure you haven't just not seen it because it is already a few pages behind but I still wonder how I can convert a dds file into something editable. Well, I know how to but this seems to be saved in a special format or something. It looks like I would turn on the option 'alpha transparency' in OpenBrf. It converts to a picture just like that with  large parts transparent and many parts missing...well, nothing I can work with. I can't handle this one on my own and my hope is that you can tell me.

Thanks in advance again.
The alpha channel is sometimes used for transparency, sometimes as a specular map. I guess in your case it's a specular map, as you don't want the transparency. I don't know about paint.Net, but I'm sure there is a way to directly edit the Alpha channel. Just fill it white.

I am still learning the graphic stuff, you graphic doers have to have a mentality that which is so full of patience...I yet can not understand. Thank you highlander. I appreciate all the info...I am kinda learning...I guess.

Code:
     ("village_center",[(neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_looted),
                         (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_being_raided),
                         (neg|party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_village_infested_by_bandits, 1),]
       ,"Go to the village center.",
       [
         (try_begin),
           (call_script, "script_cf_enter_center_location_bandit_check"),
         (else_try),
           (party_get_slot, ":village_scene", "$current_town", slot_castle_exterior),
           (modify_visitors_at_site,":village_scene"),
           (reset_visitors),
           (party_get_slot, ":village_elder_troop", "$current_town",slot_town_elder),
           (set_visitor, 11, ":village_elder_troop"),

(call_script, "script_init_town_walkers"),

(try_begin),
             (check_quest_active, "qst_hunt_down_fugitive"),
             (neg|is_currently_night),
             (quest_slot_eq, "qst_hunt_down_fugitive", slot_quest_target_center, "$current_town"),
             (neg|check_quest_succeeded, "qst_hunt_down_fugitive"),
             (neg|check_quest_failed, "qst_hunt_down_fugitive"),
             (set_visitor, 45, "trp_fugitive"),
           (try_end),

[b]           (try_begin),
             (check_quest_active, "qst_learn_where_merchant_brother_is"),
             (eq, "$current_town","p_village_73"),
             (neg|check_quest_succeeded, "qst_learn_where_merchant_brother_is"),
             (neg|check_quest_failed, "qst_learn_where_merchant_brother_is"),
             (set_visitor, 45, "trp_the_messenger"),
           (try_end),[/b]

(set_jump_mission,"mt_village_center"),
           (jump_to_scene,":village_scene"),
           (change_screen_mission),
         (try_end),
        ],"Door to the village center."),

Can't get character "trp_the_messenger" to spawn.

Quickly looking over the code you posted I noticed that you used the spawnpoint for the guy that usually don't wants to be seen. I could't find something that's obviously wrong so I wonder if that messenger could be just hide himself pretty well.  :smile:

Code:
  [trp_the_messenger, "start",[], "Who are you? What do you want!", "monos_frightened",[]],

Trying to assign dialogue to the messenger but he continues to say "Surrender or die!"

So, here's the part where I must be missing something obvious again.
Is there a trick to getting agent_set_animation to set the animation for the player in SP?

I've been trying the following mission template trigger:
Code:
  (0, 0, 1, [(key_clicked, key_z)], [
       (get_player_agent_no, ":agent"),
       (try_begin),
          (agent_slot_eq, ":agent", slot_agent_crouch, 0),
          (agent_get_horse, ":horse", ":agent"),
          (le, ":horse", 0),
          (display_message,"@crouch key pressed (begin)."),
          (agent_set_slot, ":agent", slot_agent_crouch, 1),
          (agent_set_animation, ":agent", "anim_stand_to_crouch"),
          (agent_set_walk_forward_animation,":agent","anim_walk_forward_crouch"),
       (else_try),
          (agent_slot_eq, ":agent", slot_agent_crouch, 1),
          (display_message,"@crouch key pressed (end)."),
          (agent_set_slot, ":agent", slot_agent_crouch, 0),
          (agent_set_animation, ":agent", "anim_crouch_to_stand", 1),
          (agent_set_walk_forward_animation,":agent","anim_run_forward"),   
       (try_end),
  ]),
to try and get a feel for what the Native crouch animation looks like/functions like in-game. (You can only guess so much staring at a checker-board OpenBRF figure going through the motions.) But...it doesn't do a dang thing. Sure, the debug text shows up and the slots are getting set appropriately, but the animations do not change. (And from watching OpenBRF, certainly those animations have frames and such.)

Any idea what gives?

Try messing around with agent_set_animation_progress and agent_set_stand_animation. Or you may need to change the animation flags to give them the same or greater priorities as the regular walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom