Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having a problem with openbrf and tangent dir - in openbrf when i click on recompute tangent dir it works correctly and everything and my model shows up fine but when i go to save it it comes up with the following - you are trying to save meshes with tangend dir in m&b 1.011 file format. unfortunatly tangent dir can only be save in warband format. Tangent dir will not be saved. i am currently modding warband, does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Greetings! I ask your help. I am writing I guide for beginners on all game files, and stumbled upon some things I realized that i have no clues about - some parameters in module.ini
I would very much appreciate detailed description of following parameters so that beginner modders could benefit from it:
- map_sea_direction -
- map_sea_wave_rotation -
And here are those new parameters I am most interested in:
- crush_through_treshold -
- use_crossbow_as_firearm -
- can_run_faster_with_skills -
- use_phased_reload -
- has_accessories_for_female -
I thank everyone beforehand for the help!

I've added a new faction to my game, and now I want that particular faction to have a new coat of arms when looking it up in the Notes section.

Is there a guide on how to do this somewhere out there?

Cozur said:
I've added a new faction to my game, and now I want that particular faction to have a new coat of arms when looking it up in the Notes section.

Is there a guide on how to do this somewhere out there?
So long as you add the faction within "fac_kingdom_1" and kingdoms_end (best to add it at the end so you don't break the order of the factions where it is used elsewhere), this block of code should be called automatically to do so:
Code:
      (try_for_range, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
        (is_between, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_1", kingdoms_end), #Excluding player kingdom
        (add_faction_note_tableau_mesh, ":faction_no", "tableau_faction_note_mesh"),
      (else_try),
        (add_faction_note_tableau_mesh, ":faction_no", "tableau_faction_note_mesh_banner"),
      (try_end),
...which in turn calls this code
Code:
  ("faction_note_mesh", 0, "pic_arms_swadian", 1024, 512, 0, 0, 500, 250,
   [
     (store_script_param, ":faction_no", 1),
     (cur_tableau_set_background_color, 0xFFFFFFFF),
     (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
     (try_begin),
       (is_between, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_1", kingdoms_end), #Excluding player kingdom
       (store_add, ":banner_mesh", "mesh_pic_arms_swadian", ":faction_no"),
       (val_sub, ":banner_mesh", "fac_kingdom_1"),
       (init_position, pos1),
       (position_set_y, pos1, -5),
       (cur_tableau_add_mesh, ":banner_mesh", pos1, 0, 0),
       (cur_tableau_set_camera_parameters, 0, 100, 50, 0, 100000),
     (try_end),
     ]),
which shows that you need to add the mesh to module_meshes by the other pic_arms_X meshes, and maintain the order that you have in the module_factions file (so, adding the mesh at the end of the pic_arms_X list, like you added the faction at the end of the kingdoms_X list)

-One small question, but soo important to my "never will see the light of day" dreams,-

Is there a way to measure how manny minutes the tactical battle you just fought lasted ? Can this number be saved to a variable and then used for a strategic map script ?

ms_ts_2007 said:
-One small question, but soo important to my "never will see the light of day" dreams,-

Is there a way to measure how manny minutes the tactical battle you just fought lasted ? Can this number be saved to a variable and then used for a strategic map script ?
Yes. There are mission timers you can use, then remember the result in a global.

Hi all,

I have search on the forum but i cannot find the way to make dead chat visible to all players. Any of you got any idea how to do it? I try to Ctrl+F in most of the py documents and cannot find related code i want.  :???:

Anyway to make it happen on multiplayer?

RanGer_SLO said:
CTCCoco said:
Do you guys know which bone is for the player back? I was using the spine bone but it doesn´t work very well when you kill him at his back. Maybe it´s because you need to hit specifically a small part of the back.

Thanks.

Spine, thorax, abdomen. But hit detection has nothing to do with the bones, hit boxes do (well they're more like spheres). What exactly are you trying to do?

With WSE make sure you detect if you killed someone by back.

Gergin Adam said:
Whenever I go into edit AI mesh, after a few seconds game crashes. Is this a common problem or only I am experiencing?

I solved my own problem. The solution is so simple... For the ones who experience the same problem, press ctrl+F11 and then do your changes. ctrl+F11 pauses the game and prevents some errors.

Hi  :eek:

sory,but how to find a osp ressource with "bombardes" like this

15 th century for a hundred years war mod...thanks in advance  :eek:

"statics troops" if it's possible  :?:

So recently I've created a first bow with vertex animations and a _carry mesh too.
I tried to put the bow into the game but it doesn't show up when I equip it. Strangely enough the _carry mesh shows up even though they both use the same material. I know something's wrong just not what, I copy and pasted the bows name into the module system and I get no errors so I take it is a problem with the mesh but I don't know what.

I have a problem, here is the ingame view:

mb16z.jpg

and here the OpenBRF view:

unbenanntisq.jpg

Settings:

unbenanntfsr.jpg

Whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom